Bad Customer Service at LV!!!!

I have had the best of service at LV and the worst of service at LV. I think the poster who wrote that dealing with SA's can be hit or miss is quite correct, at least until they know you. I now have my fave SA's and I only deal with them. I think it is disappointing that a person has to be known to recieve consistent exceptional service. While I do realize that there are many professional SA's, there are also a good number of very rude ones. I have never understood why LV is not more insistant that their staff be polite. One would think that they would bend over backwards for new customers.

IMO, the first post was venting; the response was not. There's no need to mention where else you shopped to be taken seriously at LV.

I just happened to come back to this post...

HeyChar: Thank you for clarifying what I actually meant, I really do appreciate that

Euroaddict: I absolutely did not expect any special treatment just because of the bags that I was holding, it absolutely shouldn't matter where else I shopped, my point was that because I was carrying shopping bags I might have expected an SA to assume I would buy something, those places I mentioned just happened to be the bags I was carrying, if I had been carrying a bag from Body Shop that day or from the bookstore, I would have mentioned that, I was simply trying to state that maybe an SA would assume I'm there to buy something cause I had obviously been shopping, but by no means do I expect special treatment, I just wanted good customer service as I would expect anyone entering LV to get. And if the SA assumed I spent all my money because I was carrying bags, then I would still expect good customer service, thats all I wanted, not any more or any less than any other customer.

Which lady is this!?!?
Omg, It's not the Asian (Chinese?) lady with realy short black hair is it!?

I had the same problems with the the SA's in the Yorkdale mall here in Toronto. I had a bag on hold and I asked for it. She kind *sighed* and went to get it. And it was the wrong size but it was still originally what I called about many times. (Another long story) And she goes "Oh, we probably had it yesterday but we sold it"....and I go "Oh, so you can sell bags that people put on hold?"

She didn't answer and I proceeded to look at my purse and she ignored me. My mom made her get me different sizes to compare and again with the *sighs*, gets a different size, basically slams the thing down and rips open the dustbag to show me.

She did a complete 360 when I said I will be taking it.

Do they TRAIN their SA like this? I don't understand. I wasn't dressed up but I don't think I look like some sleazy high school kid either.

Which lady is this!?!?
Omg, It's not the Asian (Chinese?) lady with realy short black hair is it!?

Actually, it was. But to my observance a lot of them were asian and had short black hair. LOL

She was decent to me this last weekend though....I assume she remembers what I bought. That's the thing though, they should be polite even if I never shopped there.

they should be polite even if I never shopped there.

Most definitely. That's how I lucked out on my SA; she came right up to me the first time I came into the store. I wasn't dressed to impress, very casual, but she came right up and asked if she could help me with anything. The relationship has only grown from there and I feel really lucky to have her.

On the flip side, I've seen some SAs be rather uninvolved in helping customers. It really is a hit or miss as to who you end up. You can tell who enjoys being there and who would rather be elsewhere.

May your future experiences be nothing but great :smile:

The lady has really really short hair though...like...a mushroom cut almost. She's the only Asian I see at Yorkdale with really short hair. Haha.

Anyways, I dealt with her at Yorkdale too when a kind SA from Bloor directed me to her...

I don't even know her name, but she seemed so happy after I made a purchase and even said it was her 'favourite.'

Hahahaha, I can so see the 360 within her!
I sensed it even though I knew I was going to purchase something. :roflmfao:

Actually, it was. But to my observance a lot of them were asian and had short black hair. LOL

She was decent to me this last weekend though....I assume she remembers what I bought. That's the thing though, they should be polite even if I never shopped there.

I had a bad experience too (recently posted). Its unacceptable to be discriminated whether you are dressed up or down. They think they are so high and mighty because they work FOR LV. I think their arrogance has gotten a bit into their heads! Try not to let it bother you!

ugh! what is wrong with these SA at LV these days.

the other day i went to pick up the Kate clutch and 1. i was not properly informed that it was a display item. 2. i asked what happened to the plastic on the gold plate and she said ' i didnt know anyone who cared of it. i normally take it off when i sell them because it looks tacky.' 3. did not give me my receipt.

since the Kate is a LE i bought it anyways but i refuse to go back to the LV at Chevy Chase, MD.

So rude!

I bought my white multi-speedy 30 last year at Saks, in MD. The SA lady who helped probably thought I was too annoying cuz I couldn't decide which bag to look at at the beginning. I was trying to talk to her so we can start to build the relationship... but she was so cold. Finally when I asked her to show me the multi speedy, she said lemme go get it, when she came back, she showed me real real tanned handle multi. but i was like... thats okay, I just need to see how it look when i holds it. After I told her I wanted to buy the bag, she tried to wrap the one she show me... I was so 'afraid' of her but still asked if I could get a fresh one... She kinda changed her voice and told me that she wasn't sure if they have another one. But yes, there was one left, very fresh with plastic on handles, when I compared both bag, OMG the first bag I saw, the handle was like 10 times darker than the brand new one... feels like it's been used for at least couple months... :shocked: I was like... if I was not using the Saks gift card, I'd turn my back and go to the LV flagship store next door. LOL

Because the American Express points I can get the Saks gift card, so I still go there. But last month, when I went there to get my Rose speedy, the lady was very nice. I think she's the manager there. She told me that there were 2 rose speedy left, she showed me the one on the shelf, when I decided to buy it, she took out another one from somewhere (lol), and told me and even compared with me that said the one from shelf has been outside for 2 days, the color of handle was already getting dark, I couldn't tell until she put them together. That was really nice of her, and she asked me if I wanted a box, I said no cuz it's waste of space in my closet, but she still gave me one... LOL

My point is in the same store, SAs can be totally different. I wish they could all have some quality of customer service... LV really need to do some quality control on their sales... IMO :graucho:

SAs earn a commission for purchases made under their name so why the attitude? Seriously, these SAs should not be working for customer service much less for Louis Vuitton.

I hope you find a wonderful SA to help you in your future LV purchases. It really pays off to have a regular SA as they can hold items for you and make sure you get good service (they certainly won't want to lose your business).

SAs earn a commission for purchases made under their name so why the attitude? Seriously, these SAs should not be working for customer service much less for Louis Vuitton.

I hope you find a wonderful SA to help you in your future LV purchases. It really pays off to have a regular SA as they can hold items for you and make sure you get good service (they certainly won't want to lose your business).

FYI: SAs at LV do not earn commission at all. There are many threads about this topic.

It's unfortunate that some SAs give bad service at the various LVs. I was fortunate to find an SA several years ago that is great to work with so I always try to purchase from her. Occasionally, I've purchased a few items while on vacation but I always feel guilty if I don't buy the LV item from my regular SA!

I've had many bad experiences with LV SA's. Normally i just kind of put up with it, however the last time it happened i just straight up asked: why the attitude? if you don't want to work here then quit your job, but don't stand here with an attitude like you are better than any of your customers. She was embarrased, but proceeded to help me in a friendlier manner. This was in the LV store in Amsterdam.