B-bag ladies - what do you carry when it's raining?

Hello! All you guys come out to San Francisco - today is a sunny Sunday (no rain in the forecast!), so all the pretty colored B Bags can be taken out for a stroll!

ps. Our first Barneys is opening very soon (August?).

hi! aww, i'll be in the library studying :crybaby: but I'm so excited about barneys too!! yay!!

on rainy days, I carry my LV bag haha cuz i dont care if that gets ruin :P

The dust bag really has come in handy! I actually fold it so that lays on the bottom. It has a dual purpose - it actually keeps the bottom of the bag clean and it's hardly noticeable when folded that way. It also doesn't add a lot of additional weight. I've found it useful during rain drizzles and on the airport! :wlae:

I love the idea of using the dustbag! In the rain AND on the plane!!!! What a thoughtful way of keeping it clean!! Good idea LG!!

Mine arent protected but i carry it everyday. The weather in the UK is soooo unpredicatable, if i worried i'd never carry them. The other day though it was TORRENTIAL so i took my jumper off (i was only wearing a vest, shorts & flipflops) so i used my only personal form of protection to protect my Vert Gazon First... i looked soooo silly running through town flip flops flipping with my bag wrapped in my hoody!! :rolleyes:

I was soaked by time i got to my husband... :amuse:

It's hard not to get soaked when it rains here, esp because the wind blows my umbrella inside out so much. I try not to carry my b-bag in the rain, so instead I use either my Rebecca Minkoff bag, my epi Speedy or my Goyard -- they're all much more rain-proof...

I always have an umbrella with me, but my bags have all gotten wet in a downpour at one time or another, but they have all stood up fine.

During the rainy winter months I tend to carry a heavier leather bag like a Coach tote or something. That way I'm not worried... but in the spring/summer I like to get my other bags out like the black City I'm carrying right now. I think the Bal bag would be fine in the rain, but I just like to be careful...

Either one of my darker bbags if it works with my outfit/what I would use otherwise, or sometimes a Coach bag....

I also just got a canvas tote from the Gap & a cute nylon-ish hobo that's navy w/ a pink star from JCrew to use on dirtbiking/bad weather days... so I can throw it around and get it dirty without worries. :smile:

The dust bag really has come in handy! I actually fold it so that lays on the bottom. It has a dual purpose - it actually keeps the bottom of the bag clean and it's hardly noticeable when folded that way. It also doesn't add a lot of additional weight. I've found it useful during rain drizzles and on the airport! :wlae:

I wanted to carry the dustbag this afternoon but didn't think it would rain until tonight....but this afternoon it started to drizzle. All I had on hand was the Toy R Us bag I had after attending a b-day party. I started walking home with it in the shopping bag. Now to think of it, I should have carried the dust bag.

NYC weather report indicates periods of rain (but this is relative when it comes to the weather report:Push:smile: so make sure your bbag is well protected or carry one of your throw around bags.

I live in Seattle, so all my bags go out in the rain a lot. I've never had any problems... If it's absolutely pouring I'm just very careful to keep it shielded with an umbrella.