Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

The seller mentions in the listing that the catalog page is for a Faith's Legacy and not a Janice's. But then why show the page at all??? And he never mentions either the year of the catalog OR of the bag. "Intentionally misleading" is being much too kind.

I am starting to get ramped up, now that , while authentic, Provintagegear wants to play down the date of production with this listing. Because on the vast majority of his listings, he freely offers his opinions on the manufacture dates, espeically with the rapidly disappearing NYC bags. In fact I just heard an alarm bell going off somewhere. Someone must have just purchased one.

And I do not have any catalogs. So I wanted to withhold an opinion on that Faith's Legacy comment. Now that those who do have confirmed he is incorrectly comparing it a different bag from a catalog at least 10 years before?
Fraudulent and deceitful come to mind.

But since I have bags I want get authenticated, I am now going to channel my energy into that. So if I decide to sell them at some point, I can say I took the time to get them authenticated by someone with experience. Done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catbird9
I can't tell if the letters are raised in this picture. They don't look like it to me. It is a Lightweight.

I added another comment a post or two later. Those 2 are the only recessed logo ones I've found, but Coach may have made a nice shiny new creed design for one of their new Lightweight plants, probably the one that ended up with the "Made In U.S.A." creeds that we don't see too often. That still leaves one or two new plants opened in 1988 or later that still used the old raised-logo creeds. So having a raised Coach logo still doesn't prove anything and ProVintageGear's so-called "experts" are still blowing smoke out of their keisters.

I am starting to get ramped up, now that , while authentic, Provintagegear wants to play down the date of production with this listing. Because on the vast majority of his listings, he freely offers his opinions on the manufacture dates, espeically with the rapidly disappearing NYC bags. In fact I just heard an alarm bell going off somewhere. Someone must have just purchaged one.

And I do not have any catalogs. So I wanted to withhold an opinion on that Faith's Legacy. Now that those who do have confirmed he is incorrectly comparing it a different bag from a catalog at least 10 years before?

But since I have bags I want get authenticated, I am now going to channel my energy into that. So if I decide to sell them at some point, I can say I took the time to get them authenticated by someone with experience. Done.

Yes, the 9949 Faith's legacy didn't stay in production long, iI'm going to guess maybe a year or two after being introduced in 1994 unless they made a few later as "returning classics" or just for the Factory stores, but the Janice's 9950 was still being made up until a few years ago when Coach finally phased out the Originals or Classics or whatever they decided to call them

Last edited:
I am starting to get ramped up, now that , while authentic, Provintagegear wants to play down the date of production with this listing. Because on the vast majority of his listings, he freely offers his opinions on the manufacture dates, espeically with the rapidly disappearing NYC bags. In fact I just heard an alarm bell going off somewhere. Someone must have just purchased one.

And I do not have any catalogs. So I wanted to withhold an opinion on that Faith's Legacy comment. Now that those who do have confirmed he is incorrectly comparing it a different bag from a catalog at least 10 years before?

As for the age of the catalog pic, I can't find that exact page but based on the $258 price for the Duffle Sac it seems that the catalog page is from around 1997-2000. Which is still a lot older than the Janice's in the listing. And how hard is it to find a catalog with a Janice's Legacy?

ETA - WOOT! Found it, in the Spring Preview 1998 catalog

9949_Faiths Legacy-Spr preview 1998-cat-only.jpg

Last edited:
IKR and aren't the Janice and the Faith completely different?? The Faith strikes me as a streamlined slightly flattened design of the Saddle/Crescent ( meaning it has a flap!) and I have also looked at the Janice as a Patricia without the flap. I do have a Patricia and see Janine's in the wild all the time.

IKR and aren't the Janice and the Faith completely different?? The Faith strikes me as a streamlined slightly flattened design of the Saddle/Crescent ( meaning it has a flap!) and I have also looked at the Janice as a Patricia without the flap. I do have a Patricia and see Janine's in the wild all the time.

The Hippie Bag-type strap is different too, it's parallel to the front of the bag instead of being turned 90 degrees like most handbag straps.

Was that the one with the 012-3445 serial number?

Maybe someone contacted the seller and suggested that he Google the number.
Yes. Maybe he should have googled prefixes N6G and D8J too!

ETA: Oh, and he should also google whether A7Z should be a US made bag!

I wonder how many other interesting serial numbers there are among those 493 listings.

Last edited:
Hi ladies
Purchased this bag at a garage sale today for 10$
Unsure of it's authenticity but took a chance
I would appreciate any of your help
Thank you in advance

Item name: Carly large hobo

View attachment 3683222View attachment 3683224View attachment 3683231View attachment 3683232View attachment 3683233

Sorry, you should have kept the Ten in your pocket. There's NOTHING right about that bag, from the peeling VINYL - NOT leather - on the strap to the pattern placement to the fake hardware to the fake serial number. When have you ever seen the top layer of real leather just peel off like that?