Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello Authenticators, I’m concerned about a bag, could you help me take a look?
Item: Coach 9735 convertible clutch
Listing number: Etsy | 1158205254
Seller: viva la diva vintage
Link:
www.etsy.com/listing/1158205254
Comments: I’m worried about the straps they don’t seem like the typical strap that comes with this bag. This listing is also in EBay with a different price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3139801339...624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Correction 9635
Your etsy listing link isn't working for me.

Seller ChicEquestrian

It's authentic but I think the seller (both ChicEquestrian on etsy and missyshopaholic on ebay) is looking for trouble by showing 2 bags in the listing but without anything in the listing that CLEARLY states that the listing is only for the one bag!

Another comment: The seller's ebay name came up several months ago when, while looking at some bags, I came across missyshopaholic's listings. I brought up my concerns in this post. Seller was using ebay to get exposure but was referring buyers to her Etsy store to make their purchases.

Also, her Ebay listings show the item location as being in Singapore but her Etsy listing shows location as United States.

Since the original listing that we authenticated is still visible at Poshmark

and it's exactly the same as the one you just posted:

why would re-authenticating exactly the same listing be needed? Our authentication is still available here at tPF since Posh usually keeps Sold listings available long after the same. Just post the URL of the original authentication and refer your buyers to it. Or post this reply.

If you're planning on reselling it on Posh, I doubt if their software is going to allow you to post any links from tPF.

If another one of the authenticators want to verify that my authentication 2 years ago was correct, that's not a problem.
I didn’t doubt your authentication, I was just wondering what you are and are not okay with me sharing. Thank you for the information.

Hi, respected authenticators,
May I have this lindsay bag authenticated? Thank you.
Item: Coach Lindsay Bag
Where purchased or how obtained : Thrift shop
Comments: There is a long leather strip inside the front pocket covering the back of the magnetc closure.
Serial is 010-7127
I guess this bag was made before 1994

20220519_152118.jpg

20220519_152126.jpg

20220519_152137.jpg

20220519_152147.jpg

20220519_152154.jpg

20220519_152207.jpg

20220519_152215.jpg

20220519_152743.jpg

20220519_152839.jpg

Hi, respected authenticators,
May I have this lindsay bag authenticated? Thank you.
Item: Coach Lindsay Bag
Where purchased or how obtained : Thrift shop
Comments: There is a long leather strip inside the front pocket covering the back of the magnetc closure.
Serial is 010-7127
I guess this bag was made before 1994

View attachment 5407102

View attachment 5407103

View attachment 5407104

View attachment 5407105

View attachment 5407106

View attachment 5407107

View attachment 5407108

View attachment 5407109

View attachment 5407110

Genuine Lindsay Bag, style 9888 and made probably in 1991 or 1992.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Correction 9635

And in addition to all the problems BeenBurned already mentioned, that's NOT the original strap that came with the Convertible Clutch. The seller doesn't disclose that or give any measurements for the strap AND to make me question her trustworthiness even more, uses the name of Bonnie Cashin in the description.

When this bag was made in 2001, (NOT 1990-1999 as the seller claims) not only had Cashin NOT even been a collaborator with Coach for 27 years (since 1974), but she actually had died the year before this particular Coach bag was made in 2001.

She also photographed an extra bag NOT included in the listing in one of her Completeds:
and
Under "Features" in the Completed description, she lists a Certificate Of Authenticity but no COA is shown in the photos and no details are given.

As her final faux pas, in the Current Ebay listing she gave the bag's HEIGHT as 11 inches and the width as 7 inches.

Personally, I'd give any listings by " MISSYSHOPAHOLIC " a pass, ESPECIALLY after reading the December 2021 post BeenBurned linked to. JMO.

Last edited:
I didn’t doubt your authentication, I was just wondering what you are and are not okay with me sharing. Thank you for the information.

You can share whatever you feel the need to. This isn't a Private site where you're Banned for revealing what happens within the site. But as I said, some selling sites won't allow you to post links to what they consider competing sites such as tPF.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Your etsy listing link isn't working for me.

Seller ChicEquestrian

It's authentic but I think the seller (both ChicEquestrian on etsy and missyshopaholic on ebay) is looking for trouble by showing 2 bags in the listing but without anything in the listing that CLEARLY states that the listing is only for the one bag!

Another comment: The seller's ebay name came up several months ago when, while looking at some bags, I came across missyshopaholic's listings. I brought up my concerns in this post. Seller was using ebay to get exposure but was referring buyers to her Etsy store to make their purchases.

Also, her Ebay listings show the item location as being in Singapore but her Etsy listing shows location as United States.
Yes definitely fishy, I’ll stay away just to be safe. Thank you very much for taking a look!

Reactions: skbt
Hi, authenticator profs,
This bag is from Goodwill online and I’m suspicious about its authenticity.
- the creed serial number starts with I8B, and I recall that one of you said Coach stopped using I in serial numbers because it is easily mistaken for a 1.
- the dash in the serial number is misplaced. Both this and the above were discussed by Hyacinth on a post from 2014, and the verdict was that the factory made mistakes on the creed serial numbers and the bag was ok.
-However, I can’t tell for sure, but the legs might not be brass yet the rest of the bag’s hardware is brass. In one photo they look gold in color, but in the photo of the bottom they look silver. I’m writing to ask Goodwill to either post another photo showing the legs color, or at least tell me whether they are silver or gold-color metal. But the auction ends in 12 hours and the Goodwill are sometimes not too quick to respond.

The style seems to be right for a Beaumont bag, but with the above…I’d appreciate your input.

Here’s the link:

Lucy

Hi, authenticator profs,
This bag is from Goodwill online and I’m suspicious about its authenticity.
- the creed serial number starts with I8B, and I recall that one of you said Coach stopped using I in serial numbers because it is easily mistaken for a 1.
- the dash in the serial number is misplaced. Both this and the above were discussed by Hyacinth on a post from 2014, and the verdict was that the factory made mistakes on the creed serial numbers and the bag was ok.
-However, I can’t tell for sure, but the legs might not be brass yet the rest of the bag’s hardware is brass. In one photo they look gold in color, but in the photo of the bottom they look silver. I’m writing to ask Goodwill to either post another photo showing the legs color, or at least tell me whether they are silver or gold-color metal. But the auction ends in 12 hours and the Goodwill are sometimes not too quick to respond.

The style seems to be right for a Beaumont bag, but with the above…I’d appreciate your input.

Here’s the link:

Lucy
It's fine, and yes, the "I" month code and misplaced hyphen are legit mistakes.

Dear Authenticators, could you please have a look at this Metropolis on Ebay? I would also appreciate any feedback on the Hungarian leather if possible. Thanks so very much for your time and extraordinary expertise! :hugs:

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1153764643...pid=5338596370&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Seller: smilemaid

Listing number: 115376464366
It's fine.

As for Hungarian-made leather bags, I've never had a problem but I don't find it to be as soft as Costa Rican leather bags.