Authenticate This Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.
brigitte0810 - Hi - here's the link to the original EBay listing

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190338449590
Thanks for posting the link. The seller is located in Germany, which makes me suspect that she got the bag in question by an ebay seller who offered fake bags claiming that they were from Chloé Moscow, as this particular seller offered them on ebay Germany. The seller has over 2000 feedbacks which makes it difficult for me to search for the ebay seller to verify my thoughts. But maybe the seller from whom KatrinaSlack got the bag could specify where she got the bag from originally?

Thanks for posting the link. The seller is located in Germany, which makes me suspect that she got the bag in question by an ebay seller who offered fake bags claiming that they were from Chloé Moscow, as this particular seller offered them on ebay Germany. The seller has over 2000 feedbacks which makes it difficult for me to search for the ebay seller to verify my thoughts. But maybe the seller from whom KatrinaSlack got the bag could specify where she got the bag from originally?

brigitte0810 - Hi - this is tricky - and yes there have been a number of sellers of fake - located in Germany - who have 'peddled their wares'!!!:graucho: I think it would be useful to see if we can find out where this seller bought the bag from.

Can you check that receipt - and in particular the till receipt - that font looks 'off' to me.

KatrinaSlack - Hi there - The receipt - you don't know it is for a Python and the numbers show same as tag. HOWEVER, I think the font of 'Chloe' on the 'till' receipt looks odd - and I'd really like if someone else could 'chime in' on this point.

I've seen a number of sellers offering counterfeits and the receipts are purported to be via Chloe in Moscow - and TBH - a receipt isn't a guarantee of authenticity - as they can be and are faked with monotonous regularity.

In essence, there are 4 of us who regularly authenticate who have issues with this Betty - and another couple of girls who have Betty's have 'chimed in'. Right now - I can't be confident that this Python Betty is authentic. Whilst I appreciate that Chloe do unfortunately have many anomallies in their manufacturing - for me - there are too many in order for me to be definitive - i.e., say this is authentic.
Thank you all so so so much again - I did suspect that receipts are regularly copied and I agree, it is far too different to all other betty's, betty pythons and chloe features in general, to be able to be authenticated. I have contacted the seller again requesting a refund so hopefully I can sort it out through paypal/ebay - wish me luck....

Thank you all so so so much again - I did suspect that receipts are regularly copied and I agree, it is far too different to all other betty's, betty pythons and chloe features in general, to be able to be authenticated. I have contacted the seller again requesting a refund so hopefully I can sort it out through paypal/ebay - wish me luck....

KatrinaSlack - Hi - well hopefully she will respond positively - and please let us know how it goes.:smile:

brigitte0810 - Hi - this is tricky - and yes there have been a number of sellers of fake - located in Germany - who have 'peddled their wares'!!!:graucho: I think it would be useful to see if we can find out where this seller bought the bag from.

Can you check that receipt - and in particular the till receipt - that font looks 'off' to me.
Font def. looks wrong to me!

Good luck, hopefully the seller will be cooperative!

He finally added more pics:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320443135005

Ιf you have time take a look... many thanxxx :wondering

loumpitsa - Hi - I'm sorry - but the seller isn't giving enough from these photos. I have an issue with the inner heatstamp. I'd like to see it again straight on and not angled and with that leather taut. Also I want to see the side buckles, the hasp plate and also the underside of that padlock. Also - the reverse of the circular hangtags showing barcoding/colour information - right now - as I say I do have an issue with the inner stamp - but it could be due to this leather not being taut and so if you can get these photos as I've asked - then it would be good. The seller doesn't have to put them on the listing - they can email them to you - and you can then load them into a Photobucket Album and post the link to that - along with a repost of the auction link.

Right now - if I had to make a choice - I'd not authenticate - as I've looked at this again - and there are - for me - several areas of concern.

loumpitsa - Hi - I'm sorry - but the seller isn't giving enough from these photos. I have an issue with the inner heatstamp. I'd like to see it again straight on and not angled and with that leather taut. Also I want to see the side buckles, the hasp plate and also the underside of that padlock. Also - the reverse of the circular hangtags showing barcoding/colour information - right now - as I say I do have an issue with the inner stamp - but it could be due to this leather not being taut and so if you can get these photos as I've asked - then it would be good. The seller doesn't have to put them on the listing - they can email them to you - and you can then load them into a Photobucket Album and post the link to that - along with a repost of the auction link.

Right now - if I had to make a choice - I'd not authenticate - as I've looked at this again - and there are - for me - several areas of concern.

Thank you too much Lescoy!! I've contact with the seller twice and after my pressure he added more pics at the listing, but when I asked him more pics to my e-mail he ignored me. I'm really tired with all these "sellers" that they are not willing to communicate and cooperate.

I have been looking for this bag for a couple of months and I have found it on ebay.

Item Name:NWT Chloe Shelby Leather Tote Handbag
Item Number:270479196640
Seller ID: shopinstyle44
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...96640&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Can someone please authenticate this bag, thanks : )
Hi, bag looks promising, but I'd like to see more: date code tag with date code, the hologram also but readable, the engraving but really straight on, I'm sure that there is Chloé heatstamp inside, would like to see that, too, the reverse of the paper tag, a dustbag and plastic registration card if there!

Probably a bit late to the party but just to concur that the font on the receipt is definately off. I did jump out to me.

As for the buyer, I think if you have enough concerns about a bag then a receipt does not make those facts go away. Even if a bag is purchased in store in good faith there is still a chance it could be fake unfortunately. I assume it is rare but clearly does happen

Status
Not open for further replies.