Authenticate This Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely KatrinaSlack, I agree one of my concerns was the shape of the pockets too!!:heart:
Thanks heaps Lescoy. I now realise it is a copy. I have compared the python to my patent betty and although different models there are a few giveaways which you have all helped me to detect:
1. the brass bit that connects the actual ring to the silver zipper pull is not the right shape (thanks mere girl)
2. the stem of the brass ring is flat and doesn't narrow in as the patent betty does
3. there is no ykk on the zipper
4. the made in italy under the chloe on the main zipper pull
5. the external pockets are not as square on all other authentic betty photos I have seen.
I have added a separate photo bucket link here with a couple of comparisons:
http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad208/KatrinaSlack/python issues/
Thanks again all - Lescoy, saz123, brigette, meregirl....invaluable help.

Lescoy- I have now added some dalylight photos although the daylight is relative before it is pouring with rain here in Glasgow!

I have tried to get the zip engraving as clear as possible. Hopefully these extra pics will do the trick. The 6 on the heatstamp is one of these tha appear similar to an 8 in the pics. Apart from that I'm pretty happy with it but would value your opinion.
:smile:

hardcore_harlot - Hi - I see saz123 is online - I wonder if she might take a look at this Edith as well - pretty please saz123:P

The engravings and heatstamps look fine, could you just take a pic of the main zip pull for me, please!!:heart:
Lescoy- I have now added some dalylight photos although the daylight is relative before it is pouring with rain here in Glasgow!

I have tried to get the zip engraving as clear as possible. Hopefully these extra pics will do the trick. The 6 on the heatstamp is one of these tha appear similar to an 8 in the pics. Apart from that I'm pretty happy with it but would value your opinion.
:smile:

Hi Lescoy again.

The seller insists it's authentic. He says he bought on Harvey Nichols London. He send me extra pics.
What do you say?

lvstratus - He's a liar - either that or HN now sells really crappy fakes - tell him to 'get real' - Its pathetic - I'm sorry - but I've had it with these sellers who insist a blatant fake is authentic - I've reported the listing - and hopefully EBay will remove it. Ask the seller - how come a NEW Chloe style is showing a datecode with the year 05. MORON:nuts:

Hi,
Sorry that the pics were so small the last time.
Hope this link works!
http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISA...&caz.html=&category=63852&seller=punknuggets2

iheart2manybags - Hi there - thanks for reposting. This looks absolutely fine. Only point I'd mention - the left-hand screw in the padlock appears to be slightly loose - so just to make you aware - it doesn't appear quite flush and probably only needs a small turn with a screwdriver.

As I said - no issues with this paddy:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.