--- Authenticate This Burberry ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I am normally a LV girl who has just recently discovered the beauty of Burberry.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a photo to show you, but perhaps I can describe the purse that I've found at a local consignment shop.

First and foremost, the consignment shop is in a very good neighborhood, and tends to cater to designer brands. Their fakes are all placed in a different section of the store and clearly marked.

The purse I found was in the designer section. But I've honestly never seen a Burberry like it.

It is a tote, blue in color, with the plaid running diagonally down the outside, rather than straight up and down. The purse is a light blue, with darker handles (I'm sorry, I can't remember if the handles were black or brown - I'm thinking they were black)

The inside of the purse was lined with almost a canvas type lining - like the lining you would find inside a raincoat, also light blue. The inside had 3 sections, I believe the middle section had a zipper. There was a cell phone holder and a small pocket for probably keys and such.

The bottom of the bag had tan leather that came up on each side, almost reminicent of a LV Piano Cabas. I looked at the stitching very carefully (as this is usually where the fakes go wrong) and the stitching was beautifully done. I could see no flaws on the outside of the purse.

I have looked on the internet, and can find nothing even remotely matching that description, but again, I don't know my Burberry bags, nearly as well as I know my Vuitton.

The bag closed with an inside snap.

Does the description of this sound familiar to anyone? I currently have the bag on hold until tomorrow at 5, and I'd be interested if this is perhaps a discontinued purse, or just a really REALLY high-end fake?

I'm sorry, I wish I could give you more. But ANY help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello!

I am normally a LV girl who has just recently discovered the beauty of Burberry.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a photo to show you, but perhaps I can describe the purse that I've found at a local consignment shop.

First and foremost, the consignment shop is in a very good neighborhood, and tends to cater to designer brands. Their fakes are all placed in a different section of the store and clearly marked.

The purse I found was in the designer section. But I've honestly never seen a Burberry like it.

It is a tote, blue in color, with the plaid running diagonally down the outside, rather than straight up and down. The purse is a light blue, with darker handles (I'm sorry, I can't remember if the handles were black or brown - I'm thinking they were black)

The inside of the purse was lined with almost a canvas type lining - like the lining you would find inside a raincoat, also light blue. The inside had 3 sections, I believe the middle section had a zipper. There was a cell phone holder and a small pocket for probably keys and such.

The bottom of the bag had tan leather that came up on each side, almost reminicent of a LV Piano Cabas. I looked at the stitching very carefully (as this is usually where the fakes go wrong) and the stitching was beautifully done. I could see no flaws on the outside of the purse.

I have looked on the internet, and can find nothing even remotely matching that description, but again, I don't know my Burberry bags, nearly as well as I know my Vuitton.

The bag closed with an inside snap.

Does the description of this sound familiar to anyone? I currently have the bag on hold until tomorrow at 5, and I'd be interested if this is perhaps a discontinued purse, or just a really REALLY high-end fake?

I'm sorry, I wish I could give you more. But ANY help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

It is so hard to visualize even with your great description... :sad: Does the store offer a refund? Can you buy the bag, post pics here and then return it if it is fake?

No, they don't offer a refund.

I think I'll see if they will let me take a photo in order to authenticate. Last night I looked and looked for anything even similiar, and I couldnt' find anything, so that gets my radar going. It's just that the purse is so carefully made.

If they won't let me photograph it, then I think I'll just pass it by and keep looking.

If I can get a photo, I'll post it here today.

Thanks for the response. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. What a great group this is!!!

Ok, I managed to get some photo's.

The worker was ok with it, but I think the shop owner was a little put off by it. But hey, with the quality of fakes running around, and with no returns, it's buyer beware!

Anyway, here are the photo's of the purse.

My instinct is tellimg me that it's authentic. But it's wierd that I can't find any pictures of this style online at all.

burberry1.gif
burberry2.gif
burberry3.gif
burberry4.gif
burberry5.gif

The Blue Label line was created for sale in Japan only. I am not well-versed in this line but I understand that it is a less expensive line. Looking at these pics, I personally do not like the fact that the plaid is not lined up properly on the side - it should be identical in alignment. The inside lining also looks like a cheap nylon - easy to rip and not quality.

That itself would put me off.

Thanks for your advice on that. I've decided not to buy it.

I am looking for a nice winter purse, and I think the blue would be the wrong color anyway.

I'll just continue on my search. Thanks so much for your help! If I see anything hat might be interesting, I'll post it here.

Cheers,
Rai

hi everyone. i did something impulsive, again, and now i need your help. i got a lg brby leather tote from ebay, and don't know if it's real. first of all, i don't know how to post pics of the bag, so i'll describe it as best as i can. the item is#230033960064 . it's sage green 4.5w13H15L, int zip pocket w/key pull, 2 other int pockets for cell and ?, all hardware is stamped brby, the top is zip w/key pull. it's lined w/black canvas but no brby check anywhere. that's my main concern. it came w/auth card and inspected by 22 paper tag. the stitching is very nice, as i compared the bag w/my candy check one. i don't really know anything about these bags and appreciate any help. sorry i don't know how to post the pics i took of the bag. thank you for any help i recieve:shame:

hi everyone. i did something impulsive, again, and now i need your help. i got a lg brby leather tote from ebay, and don't know if it's real. first of all, i don't know how to post pics of the bag, so i'll describe it as best as i can. the item is#230033960064 . it's sage green 4.5w13H15L, int zip pocket w/key pull, 2 other int pockets for cell and ?, all hardware is stamped brby, the top is zip w/key pull. it's lined w/black canvas but no brby check anywhere. that's my main concern. it came w/auth card and inspected by 22 paper tag. the stitching is very nice, as i compared the bag w/my candy check one. i don't really know anything about these bags and appreciate any help. sorry i don't know how to post the pics i took of the bag. thank you for any help i recieve:shame:

Here's the auction link:
eBay.ca: L@@K BURBERRY "NEW" AUTHENTIC (item 230033960064 end time 05-Oct-06 22:58:40 EDT)

The seller is Not A Registered User... :confused1:

Here's the link for posting pics - would be good to see them:
http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback-dropbox/posting-photos-25.html

Status
Not open for further replies.