Authenticate This Balenciaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I've just been asked to take a look at burukogepanda's auction... and I have to say, IMO it's not authentic. There were some really good Italian-made fakes back in 2004 that were supposed to be "seafoam", but were this color - not quite emerald, not quite seafoam. The o-ring should definitely be welded closed with no gap (and it doesn't pull apart from use when it has been welded). And I don't think there's much random inconsistency in the Balenciaga tags - it's more like a change from one season to the next, or a variation between the tags on different styles. In other words, there should be a dot; and the "i" in Italy should be lower-case. Sorry, buru... :sad:

I had a feeling you would show up. Ya......I remember those super fakes being talked about here.

I appreciate what you say about changes from one season to the next and I agree. BUT, there have been some inconsistencies with some bags due to quality control which is why I didn't rule anything out.

Hm. I've just been asked to take a look at burukogepanda's auction... and I have to say, IMO it's not authentic. There were some really good Italian-made fakes back in 2004 that were supposed to be "seafoam", but were this color - not quite emerald, not quite seafoam. The o-ring should definitely be welded closed with no gap (and it doesn't pull apart from use when it has been welded). And I don't think there's much random inconsistency in the Balenciaga tags - it's more like a change from one season to the next, or a variation between the tags on different styles. In other words, there should be a dot; and the "i" in Italy should be lower-case. Sorry, buru... :sad:

i am so glad you showed up - and i am so sorry for you BuruP!!!!! wow, that is the best fake i have ever seen then... hopefully you can take it back to where you got it? :sad:

As I see it, LP's approach to authenticating is wholistic. We don't have too many screaming smoking guns on authentication (other than the 3666 and 3555 numbers on tags and square bales, e.g.). I don't think the missing "." alone was dispositive. It's that and other off factors, together with the absence of known authentic bags that are missing the "." But I bet LP wouldn't think a bag's counterfeit if all signs clearly pointed to authentic except for one missing "."

I'm so sorry Buru. You know I'm in your same boat. :sad: My 04 Green Makeup Clutch is headed for the dustbin.

As I see it, LP's approach to authenticating is wholistic. We don't have too many screaming smoking guns on authentication (other than the 3666 and 3555 numbers on tags and square bales, e.g.). I don't think the missing "." alone was dispositive. It's that and other off factors, together with the absence of known authentic bags that are missing the "." But I bet LP wouldn't think a bag's counterfeit if all signs clearly pointed to authentic except for one missing "."

I'm so sorry Buru. You know I'm in your same boat. :sad: My 04 Green Makeup Clutch is headed for the dustbin.

Deco.....maybe I missed the thread.....but I would love to see your 04 green MU and what it is that proves it to be fake. I would appreciate the education very much.

and as far as inconsistencies........wasn't there just an authentic magenta MU or shoulder talked about here where the holes punched in the leather on the buckles were xtra large....my point being, they shouldn't have been, but it passed quality control and was sold.

The fact remains, there are always new things being discovered about these bags....04 Mystery green was not discovered untill last year......RDC discovered a past unknown color just recently.:shrugs: So because we have not seen it before, it's not to say it doesn't exist.

There is no one person or one thing that is the end all be all in authenticating these bags, especially older ones....these opinions are best educated opinions.

I am the one that dislike Customs the most.... I was actually buying a BEAUTIFUL bag from ebay USA, previously cleared by you of course.... but I found out that I had to pay 25% more for Customs duties... So I am now wandering through ebay europe, and in the meantime I can also become one of your "fakebuster".. hard job, since they are 99% so obvious fakes...

25% more?! ouch....keep up the great job on the fakebusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.