Authenticate This Balenciaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Panda, I PM'd you but I am happy to meet you for coffee this week and take a look in person :yes:

Hi ladies, when I thought I have master the authentication skill, I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330195282162&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT&ih=014

I got it from a certifed consignment store that guarantee authenticity, but I was contacted by a very nice and sweet pfer which pointed that it's missing a "." between Balenciaga and Paris.

If anyone has any information, please help me out :okay:

sorry but this aquamarine GGH brief is a terrible fake. there is so many things wrong with this bag but the oblivious giveaway is the leather tag and the serial numbers tag. stay away from this one.

Hi Robotdoll

many thanks for the advice, u r such an angel:yes:. Just feel more incompetent in diciphering the real from the fakes these days as i discover i got it wrong twice over :tdown:.

Ok....here goes again!

Everything looks alright to me, exept maybe the rivet. Do mat. bags have the little cut outs? This one doesnt look like it does.

Attachments

• bal.rivet.JPG
    bal.rivet.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 41
  • bal.serial.JPG
    bal.serial.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 35
  • bal.tassle.JPG
    bal.tassle.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 30
  • bal.bottom.JPG
    bal.bottom.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 28
  • bal.front.JPG
    bal.front.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 51
and as far as inconsistencies........wasn't there just an authentic magenta MU or shoulder talked about here where the holes punched in the leather on the buckles were xtra large....my point being, they shouldn't have been, but it passed quality control and was sold.

The fact remains, there are always new things being discovered about these bags....04 Mystery green was not discovered untill last year......RDC discovered a past unknown color just recently.:shrugs: So because we have not seen it before, it's not to say it doesn't exist.

There is no one person or one thing that is the end all be all in authenticating these bags, especially older ones....these opinions are best educated opinions.
This is all true. :yes: In my experience, though, errors are typically one-per-bag - i.e. not a typo plus a missing dot plus an unwelded o-ring - since these bags are not made start-to-finish by one person like Hermes, it would mean a particularly bad day in the factory if several human errors collided on one bag. Not impossible, I guess, but in my opinion quite unlikely to occur on a bag that is also an undiscovered color. :shrugs:

Deco.....maybe I missed the thread.....but I would love to see your 04 green MU and what it is that proves it to be fake. I would appreciate the education very much.
Will do. :yes: I never posted a thread about it here, but prolly a good idea to show everyone. It's one of those 04 PH Bbags that just had way too much going wrong with it.

And it's good that you reminded everyone that all authentication guidance offered here are merely opinions. None of us know for a fact. We can only offer opinions based on experience and observation.

Ok....here goes again!

Everything looks alright to me, exept maybe the rivet. Do mat. bags have the little cut outs? This one doesnt look like it does.

Yes, the Matelasse bags have notches in the rivets. I can see there is actually a notch in the rivet in the pic you have provided, it's just a bad photo.

My medium Matelasse as a serial number of 168031.213048

Thanks KDC!
what do you think of the aquamarine one I posted?

Hi Cleo, it this a pic of the medium aqua Matelasse you're considering?

Sorry to be vague, but the lighting is quite bad. If this is it, I'd say go for it. It's authentic...

I am having second thoughts about this listing you posted (and I commented on above...) http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-QUILT...ryZ63852QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

This is a Grande (large) size BTW...This bag IRL is ginormous. Take a look in the Clubhouse section for the Matelasse and you will see some size comparison pics of the Grande Matelasse against a Work bag...HUGE!

For a start, in the listing, the seller doesn't indicate what size it is. I am just going off the dimensions provided (closer to a Grande size) and the style card says it is a 168032...

However, I don't like how the seller says in the description that the serial number is 168086.8444...This is not a serial number. Also the seller says this bag retails for $2K, that is also wrong.

There is something fishy about this listing. You need to get a pic of the serial number on the back of that leather tag and make sure it matches the style card.

My safest bet is with the Aqua medium Matelasse:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.