Ateliers Auguste

I ordered the sully gold edition colorway taupe, in the larger size. I just couldn’t wait and I’m hoping to still purchase mini monceau in black in person when I go. Here’s some size comparisons with bags I have out. First impressions are; packaged well, nice leather, microfiber loose fitted lining seems odd, dustbag is low quality and rough. Kindle just fits. The bag is so incredibly light weight and beautiful and the perfect in between size bc it's slightly smaller than the regular moncleau but bigger than the mini. I needed a taupe bag a little bit bigger than toy loulou bc she has been used and abused as my summer travel /vacation bag. She needs a rest! The color is much lighter in person more of a warm beige.

Attachments

• IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8888.jpeg
    IMG_8888.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8883.jpeg
    IMG_8883.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 27
I ordered the sully gold edition colorway taupe, in the larger size. I just couldn’t wait and I’m hoping to still purchase mini monceau in black in person when I go. Here’s some size comparisons with bags I have out. First impressions are; packaged well, nice leather, microfiber loose fitted lining seems odd, dustbag is low quality and rough. Kindle just fits. The bag is so incredibly light weight and beautiful and the perfect in between size bc it's slightly smaller than the regular moncleau but bigger than the mini. I needed a taupe bag a little bit bigger than toy loulou bc she has been used and abused as my summer travel /vacation bag. She needs a rest! The color is much lighter in person more of a warm beige.
Congrats! It looks so chic, you will certainly get a lot of use out of it. Yes, the microfiber lining being so loose also felt weird to me in my Mini Monceau but the rest of the bag more than makes up for it. It might be a good feedback for the company though. Thank you for these comparison phots, they are very helpful! The rest of your collection looks great, too - that Fossil caught my eye :love:

• Love
Reactions: missemarie33
Congrats! It looks so chic, you will certainly get a lot of use out of it. Yes, the microfiber lining being so loose also felt weird to me in my Mini Monceau but the rest of the bag more than makes up for it. It might be a good feedback for the company though. Thank you for these comparison phots, they are very helpful! The rest of your collection looks great, too - that Fossil caught my eye :love:
Thank you! my bff said the same thing but I am really hoping to wear this bag casually. you don't think its too dressy do you? I feel like the half moon shape is def a more casual silhouette. I might mention the loose lining to them when I go into the boutique, a lot of reviews say the owners are on site. The fossil bag is surprisingly so very comfortable and well made, it matches the dark brown style leather of the original le Pliage bags which I sometimes use for travel so I thought it would make a good addition. I would love them to. come out with some more colors. If I can't get the mini Monceau in black and gold in person I will buy the black version of this fossil bag bc it's so nicely made, the lining is really nice, and the look, size and shape is very similar for 1/2 the cost.

Thank you! my bff said the same thing but I am really hoping to wear this bag casually. you don't think its too dressy do you? I feel like the half moon shape is def a more casual silhouette. I might mention the loose lining to them when I go into the boutique, a lot of reviews say the owners are on site. The fossil bag is surprisingly so very comfortable and well made, it matches the dark brown style leather of the original le Pliage bags which I sometimes use for travel so I thought it would make a good addition. I would love them to. come out with some more colors. If I can't get the mini Monceau in black and gold in person I will buy the black version of this fossil bag bc it's so nicely made, the lining is really nice, and the look, size and shape is very similar for 1/2 the cost.
Nope, definitely not too dressy - the colour and shape make it work for both daytime and night occassions. It can be dressed up or down, so in my opinion a great choice. Such a beautiful shade of beige. Good to know about the Fossil! It's already on my wishlist :loveeyes:

• Love
Hi I'm simmernsizzle from youtube, finally got to look at your posted pictures of the large size Sully. it's very nice! would love to see some pictures of what fits inside when you have a chance!
Also that fossil bag looks really well made. I'm impressed. I wonder what the capacity is like compared to the Sully. it the small or the regular size Lennox?

Last edited:
  • Love
Hi I'm simmernsizzle from youtube, finally got to look at your posted pictures of the large size Sully. it's very nice! would love to see some pictures of what fits inside when you have a chance!
Also that fossil bag looks really well made. I'm impressed. I wonder what the capacity is like compared to the Sully. it the small or the regular size Lennox?
Hi Sherry! So glad you had a chance to see the photos! I can post some more photos today of what fits inside both the sully and the fossil. I have to say, I was influenced by YouTube to add the Fossil, even my husband was shocked, saying not LV not YSL?! Those make up the majority of my collection and I just wanted something I could wear in specific circumstances that the designers are not appropiate for. The Fossil is the bigger size, the smaller one is more rectangle shape and this one is more square shape. It turned out to be so comfortable, so well made, the closure is both a magnet and it slides into that loop on the front, so very secure. I've only worn Sully out once and it was perfectly comfortable as well, but the rounded shape makes me nervous it will fall over when sitting on a table or chair so it does take just a little more thought for placement when you set it down. its a snow day here so ill post some photos soon!

Fossil; hard rfid card case, iPhone 13pro, Cles, chapstick, and either Kindle Or mini pochette. And you can put a soft case sunglasses on top. OR Sully: hard card case, iPhone, cles, chapstick, kindle or passport, or mini pochette, no way to get all 3 with hard card case. sunglasses on top. The capacity of the Sully is bigger than the Fossil, if you like to bring small lotion, travel perfume, or mini Kleenex would fit in Sully but might settle at the bottom where it’s rounded. Both have front flat pockets that a flat card holder can fit in comfortably without distorting the bag even when full. In Sully a hard glasses case plus phone can sit at the bottom, then you can layer ontop slg but in the Fossil you can’t do hard glasses case and phone at bottom, they have to stack bc it’s more narrow. Hope this makes sense lol

Attachments

• IMG_8979.jpeg
    IMG_8979.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8975.jpeg
    IMG_8975.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8961.jpeg
    IMG_8961.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8966.jpeg
    IMG_8966.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8971.jpeg
    IMG_8971.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8956.jpeg
    IMG_8956.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8954.jpeg
    IMG_8954.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8955.jpeg
    IMG_8955.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: sherryfang102
Hi guys I know this thread is kind of old but I just wanted to update ppl on this Sully bag. I’ve only worn it twice now and for about a hour each time but I feel like the flap has some cracks in the leather or the paint that I only notice with the flap was fully flipped upright. Due to the texture of the bag you cannot see the cracks at all when the flap is folded over/closed so I didn’t notice it when I first recieved it. It was only in use that I felt them. … I will post some photos. When I press on it the leather gives in those spots so it’s prob a crack in the leather below the finish. For these reasons I’m going to hold off on buying another bag from them until I visit their store and can inspect my purchase ahead of time. IMG_9134.jpegIMG_9135.jpegIMG_9136.jpegIMG_9139.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Sad
Reactions: ziagouel
Hi guys I know this thread is kind of old but I just wanted to update ppl on this Sully bag. I’ve only worn it twice now and for about a hour each time but I feel like the flap has some cracks in the leather or the paint that I only notice with the flap was fully flipped upright. Due to the texture of the bag you cannot see the cracks at all when the flap is folded over/closed so I didn’t notice it when I first recieved it. It was only in use that I felt them. … I will post some photos. When I press on it the leather gives in those spots so it’s prob a crack in the leather below the finish. For these reasons I’m going to hold off on buying another bag from them until I visit their store and can inspect my purchase ahead of time. View attachment 5965351View attachment 5965352View attachment 5965353View attachment 5965355
Wow, I'm so sorry this happened! So these cracks were there from the very beginning you think, i.e. it's faulty leather?

Wow, I'm so sorry this happened! So these cracks were there from the very beginning you think, i.e. it's faulty leather?
Yes I think so. Considering I discovered in while using it the 2nd time. The first time I used the bag was for about an hour to lunch and I didn't pay, so I didn't even open the bag. But the 2nd time I could feel the crack when I opened the flap, like a weak part in the leather. I don't know how else to describe it, the rest of the flap is quite structured and these cracks just feel like it could bend there or push through, but it has not cracked all the way through. When the flap is closed you cannot see it at all. when the flap is extended fully up to get my stuff out in use the cracks are there. maybe it got dried out in storage waiting to be shipped and cracked? it appears to go with the grain of the leather so I feel like its prob a crack in the leather used and the paint over it disguises it. I have no idea. between this and the post ive read twice about the glazing melting on the black Monceau in the summer, I am hesitant to repurchase.

• Sad
Yes I think so. Considering I discovered in while using it the 2nd time. The first time I used the bag was for about an hour to lunch and I didn't pay, so I didn't even open the bag. But the 2nd time I could feel the crack when I opened the flap, like a weak part in the leather. I don't know how else to describe it, the rest of the flap is quite structured and these cracks just feel like it could bend there or push through, but it has not cracked all the way through. When the flap is closed you cannot see it at all. when the flap is extended fully up to get my stuff out in use the cracks are there. maybe it got dried out in storage waiting to be shipped and cracked? it appears to go with the grain of the leather so I feel like its prob a crack in the leather used and the paint over it disguises it. I have no idea. between this and the post ive read twice about the glazing melting on the black Monceau in the summer, I am hesitant to repurchase.
I absolutely understand you hesitation, this seems like a quality control issue. Sorry this happened to you. I suppose it cannot be returned since you already wore it, but can you send it back with a complaint (not sure how the English term for that is, sorry - what I mean is return it as it does not meet the quality standards it was supposed to. Most companies in Europe must have policies that make them either repair the product, exchange it for a new one etc.)? Or would that be too much of a hassle?

I absolutely understand you hesitation, this seems like a quality control issue. Sorry this happened to you. I suppose it cannot be returned since you already wore it, but can you send it back with a complaint (not sure how the English term for that is, sorry - what I mean is return it as it does not meet the quality standards it was supposed to. Most companies in Europe must have policies that make them either repair the product, exchange it for a new one etc.)? Or would that be too much of a hassle?
I don’t know if they would care. I’m prob just going to keep this bag and use it this summer casually. I might bring it with me to Paris next month and show them in person and see what they say. Altho I honestly don’t want to devote any of my time in Paris to dealing with this bag bc now i don’t feel like shopping there.