Ateliers Auguste

sophiex520

Jul 21, 2022
There isn't much information and review on the Ateliers Auguste brand. I saw a couple of Youtubers did a couple of reviews on it because they were "gifted" from the brand. One of Ateliers Auguste best seller bags is the Mini Monceau which look like the Celine bag but at a fraction of the price under $500.00 USD and all their bags are made in Italy. I am tempted to order the Mini Monceau in black when it is in stock. I would like to hear the wear and tear from you if you already own one or more of their bags. Is it easy to get scratch on the leather? How is the quality? Is it worth it for that price? Please share.

1699477855748.png

Last edited:
I have their Mini Marly in black: https://ateliers-auguste.fr/en/prod...ion-cuir-box-noir?_pos=5&_sid=d0acf1e7d&_ss=r

i think it is the same box leather they use on the Monceau. The leather seems fairly sturdy, I haven’t managed to scratch it yet and I don’t baby it. Rain is not a problem either. I quite like the bag, it looks nice and is very versatile. However, for the price (520 Euro) I would like some feet, as the larger version has. Also, the gold tone of the hardware on the handle doesn’t match the carabiners on the crossbody strap, another aspect that should be better at this price point, I find. Overall, nice bag though.

you may want to look at Leo et Violette Nova https://www.leoetviolette.com/en-ch/products/le-nova-noir
I have the middle size and it’s very nice. The leather is not the same as the Marly (Nova has less treated leather so is softer but probably more scratch prone)

You can take a look at my posting here where I compare leathers. The Monceau leather is like the green bag here:
Post in thread 'Current Good Quality Fair Price but Little Known Recommendation Thread'
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...wn-recommendation-thread.981642/post-35362957

I have the Marly - specifically chosen over the smaller version because it has feet. I haven't scratched it yet, but I do baby my bags...

As for the Mini Monceau, I bought it and returned it immediately, because it had a really unpleasant odor. It was the lizard leather version so I'm sure the smell was from whatever chemicals they use to make the embossing and shouldn't be there on the box leather bags as my Marly doesn't reek like that.

I have the Marly - specifically chosen over the smaller version because it has feet. I haven't scratched it yet, but I do baby my bags...

As for the Mini Monceau, I bought it and returned it immediately, because it had a really unpleasant odor. It was the lizard leather version so I'm sure the smell was from whatever chemicals they use to make the embossing and shouldn't be there on the box leather bags as my Marly doesn't reek like that.
Can I ask if the hardware matches on the larger version? I am quite interested in their new large beige Marly.

Ateliers Auguste's website is now having a 15% off everything from November 22 to November 26 for the Black Friday sales. I just placed an order for a mini Monceau gold edition in black and the estimated shipping date is 12/12/23. Can't wait to receive my new bag in a few weeks. :smile:

There isn't much information and review on the Ateliers Auguste brand. I saw a couple of Youtubers did a couple of reviews on it because they were "gifted" from the brand. One of Ateliers Auguste best seller bags is the Mini Monceau which look like the Celine bag but at a fraction of the price under $500.00 USD and all their bags are made in Italy. I am tempted to order the Mini Monceau in black when it is in stock. I would like to hear the wear and tear from you if you already own one or more of their bags. Is it easy to get scratch on the leather? How is the quality? Is it worth it for that price? Please share.

View attachment 5890871

Hi, I just received the Mini Monceau Gold edition, but am thinking of returning it to get the Mini Marly Gold edition instead. For returns, did you have to pay for the return yourself? How much did it cost and was it a hassle? Thanks.

Has anyone received any ateliers auguste bags recently? I missed the most recent restock of the monceau and I’m considering the sully (both in the regular size not mini) but I am worried about having to return and it costing me a fortune. Also wondering if the shape of sully is annoying bc if the rounded bottom. Wish I had known of this brand when I was in France and could have seen it in person. Sometimes smooth leather looks cheap to me.

Has anyone received any ateliers auguste bags recently? I missed the most recent restock of the monceau and I’m considering the sully (both in the regular size not mini) but I am worried about having to return and it costing me a fortune. Also wondering if the shape of sully is annoying bc if the rounded bottom. Wish I had known of this brand when I was in France and could have seen it in person. Sometimes smooth leather looks cheap to me.
I purchased the mini sully during their holiday sale. I do think the round bottom of the sully fits less than the square/rectangular shape of the monceau, plus the dimensions (length and height) of the sully I believe are slightly smaller. I was very surprised at the quality of the leather, I haven’t had any issues with scratches, and it feels very substantial and hearty (although not as hearty as compared to the Celine box bag). So far it has held up nicely (used maybe once every other week), and the only wear I have experienced was with the gold printed branding slightly coming off. For the price and comparing it to the decreased quality in other luxury leather bags, I think it’s worth it. Im planning to purchase another bag from them soon! Hope this helps :smile:

• Love
Reactions: missemarie33
I purchased the mini sully during their holiday sale. I do think the round bottom of the sully fits less than the square/rectangular shape of the monceau, plus the dimensions (length and height) of the sully I believe are slightly smaller. I was very surprised at the quality of the leather, I haven’t had any issues with scratches, and it feels very substantial and hearty (although not as hearty as compared to the Celine box bag). So far it has held up nicely (used maybe once every other week), and the only wear I have experienced was with the gold printed branding slightly coming off. For the price and comparing it to the decreased quality in other luxury leather bags, I think it’s worth it. Im planning to purchase another bag from them soon! Hope this helps :smile:
Thank you so much for your reply. That gives me confidence to order. What color do you have? I’m really after the taupe color. And I do love it I’ll add black

I did get taupe! It’s such a beautiful neutral, not too warm and not too cool.
Wow I love it!! Thank you for sharing. Yes this really is the color for me. I only have one other beige color bag and it’s the Ysl loulou toy size. Do you know if this mini sully is close to the toy Loulou? I was thinking of getting the bigger size so I could carry more in it. But now seeing your mini I’m thinking the big one might be too big?

Ateliers Auguste's website is currently having a Winter Sale right now. I bought a black mini Monceau two months ago during their Black Friday sale. And now I am thinking of getting their Sully Silver Edition in black pebble leather (with a 20% off discount during this sale). I think pebble leather is more carefree than box leather. Should I buy it? Do I need it? I don't know. :lol:

1704936217144.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ziagouel