Ateliers Auguste

Wow I love it!! Thank you for sharing. Yes this really is the color for me. I only have one other beige color bag and it’s the Ysl loulou toy size. Do you know if this mini sully is close to the toy Loulou? I was thinking of getting the bigger size so I could carry more in it. But now seeing your mini I’m thinking the big one might be too big?
Capacity wise I think this mini sully holds less than the toy lou lou. You really have to play Tetris with your essentials only. I also originally thought that the regular Sully would be too big, but if I could go back in time I would get that size instead of the mini. Here’s what I could fit, the bare minimum lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2771.jpeg
    IMG_2771.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 27
Ateliers Auguste's website is currently having a Winter Sale right now. I bought a black mini Monceau two months ago during their Black Friday sale. And now I am thinking of getting their Sully Silver Edition in black pebble leather (with a 20% off discount during this sale). I think pebble leather is more carefree than box leather. Should I buy it? Do I need it? I don't know. :lol:

View attachment 5927812
I would be curious with the quality of their pebbled leather as well! It seems like it would be a good daily driver!

Capacity wise I think this mini sully holds less than the toy lou lou. You really have to play Tetris with your essentials only. I also originally thought that the regular Sully would be too big, but if I could go back in time I would get that size instead of the mini. Here’s what I could fit, the bare minimum lol:
Thank you for those photos bc it really helps. Yea that’s just about what I can fit in my toy Loulou, card case sell phone and just a few tiny things, sunglasses on top. I better go for the big size. I’ve been waiting for the bigger moncleau but I like the half moon shape. I think it’s more flattering being less of a big square

Thank you for those photos bc it really helps. Yea that’s just about what I can fit in my toy Loulou, card case sell phone and just a few tiny things, sunglasses on top. I better go for the big size. I’ve been waiting for the bigger moncleau but I like the half moon shape. I think it’s more flattering being less of a big square
Yes I think the rounded shape lends itself to look less bulky compared to the Monceau!

Reactions: missemarie33
There isn't much information and review on the Ateliers Auguste brand. I saw a couple of Youtubers did a couple of reviews on it because they were "gifted" from the brand. One of Ateliers Auguste best seller bags is the Mini Monceau which look like the Celine bag but at a fraction of the price under $500.00 USD and all their bags are made in Italy. I am tempted to order the Mini Monceau in black when it is in stock. I would like to hear the wear and tear from you if you already own one or more of their bags. Is it easy to get scratch on the leather? How is the quality? Is it worth it for that price? Please share.

View attachment 5890871
I have this exact bag and also the sleek mini monceau in black smooth leather without the hardware (before the hardware version was released). Though the leather is smooth on both, the no hardware version is more durable. The version with hardware is box leather and more delicate. I have a light scratch on it. I would say the non hardware version is more sleek and the version with hardware is more luxe. I use them for different purposes. The gold hardware is done beautifully and there is no visible difference on the finish between the closure, strap grommets, or the metal on the side of the bag. I prefer this bag to the Celine classic(aka box) bag because it much lighter in weight capacity is just right. I also love the slip pocket for my phone. Imo, it doesn’t look like a dupe of the Celine bag, but the APC bags does.

I have this exact bag and also the sleek mini monceau in black smooth leather without the hardware (before the hardware version was released). Though the leather is smooth on both, the no hardware version is more durable. The version with hardware is box leather and more delicate. I have a light scratch on it. I would say the non hardware version is more sleek and the version with hardware is more luxe. I use them for different purposes. The gold hardware is done beautifully and there is no visible difference on the finish between the closure, strap grommets, or the metal on the side of the bag. I prefer this bag to the Celine classic(aka box) bag because it much lighter in weight capacity is just right. I also love the slip pocket for my phone. Imo, it doesn’t look like a dupe of the Celine bag, but the APC bags does.
I'm currently thinking about purchasing the Mini Monceau in black pebbled leather (sale season, woohoo!), so I'm really happy to read this. At first I wanted to get the box leather + gold hardware version as it is similar to Céline, but looking at those bags, I actually like the no HW version better - so minimalist and sleek.

Ateliers Auguste's website is currently having a Winter Sale right now. I bought a black mini Monceau two months ago during their Black Friday sale. And now I am thinking of getting their Sully Silver Edition in black pebble leather (with a 20% off discount during this sale). I think pebble leather is more carefree than box leather. Should I buy it? Do I need it? I don't know. :lol:

View attachment 5927812
Not sure where you are located but if you are happy with the Mini Monceau and you wouldn't mind potential return, I'd say go for it :smile: The discount is nice and what better time to try things on than during the sale.

Reactions: sophiex520
I have their Mini Marly in black: https://ateliers-auguste.fr/en/prod...ion-cuir-box-noir?_pos=5&_sid=d0acf1e7d&_ss=r

i think it is the same box leather they use on the Monceau. The leather seems fairly sturdy, I haven’t managed to scratch it yet and I don’t baby it. Rain is not a problem either. I quite like the bag, it looks nice and is very versatile. However, for the price (520 Euro) I would like some feet, as the larger version has. Also, the gold tone of the hardware on the handle doesn’t match the carabiners on the crossbody strap, another aspect that should be better at this price point, I find. Overall, nice bag though.

you may want to look at Leo et Violette Nova https://www.leoetviolette.com/en-ch/products/le-nova-noir
I have the middle size and it’s very nice. The leather is not the same as the Marly (Nova has less treated leather so is softer but probably more scratch prone)

You can take a look at my posting here where I compare leathers. The Monceau leather is like the green bag here:
Post in thread 'Current Good Quality Fair Price but Little Known Recommendation Thread'
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...wn-recommendation-thread.981642/post-35362957
Is not it slightly small than Celine box bag (Leo Nova)?