Asian Nose Job 3

PaperTigers said:
Wow thanks for the info. I don't think the mandible reduction surgery is for me then. I have a pretty narrow face shape to start with. I was really hoping I would be able to bypass braces and orthodontic surgery route.. sigh.

You can get two jaw surgery without getting braces. But having braces etc would mean a better outcome.

Two jaw surgery is very complicated. Not many surgeons do this at top quality and it is also quite expensive. Basically they are breaking both your jaws and moving them in the position you want. So in your case they move it back so you dont have a underbite and so that its straight.
I was going to have it done but in the end just got braces which fixed my ubderbite!!

Wooohooooo! FINALLY got a reply from Dr Wang. He is now in my top two with Dr Jung.

He quoted me very reasonable prices. But its just a case of where to go. Obv if I go to S.Korea I can go to maybe another consult but if China its definitely Dr Wang! And also a case if I actually want rib cartilage, which I do but don't at the same time...

I have another year ish to decide. But what do you guys think?!

http://www.entandallergy.com/afp/media/pdfs/lin_rhinoplasty_complications.pdf

its a little old, (dec 2007) research paper but basically it talks about plastic surgery complications, the risks involved etc. I attached a screenshot of a useful table that displays the rate of resorption, warping, infection, extrusion rates of various implants like cartilage, bone, silicone, gortex etc.

I personally got mine done with Dr. Jung in south korea using gore tex, i really liked it, but this time around i need to reduce my nose flare. (should've done it but at that time i was too scared to do too much n ppl would notice) i'm not sure if i should go again to korea or if i should do japan.. i'll let u know once i come up with something.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,351
^^ great chart. So it seems Gore-Tex might be a good choice, although most Asians get silicone. Which feels more natural on the bridge? For those who've had rhinoplasty, how does the nose feel afterwards, back to normal after a while and as strong as before?

Wooohooooo! FINALLY got a reply from Dr Wang. He is now in my top two with Dr Jung.

He quoted me very reasonable prices. But its just a case of where to go. Obv if I go to S.Korea I can go to maybe another consult but if China its definitely Dr Wang! And also a case if I actually want rib cartilage, which I do but don't at the same time...

I have another year ish to decide. But what do you guys think?!

ya im in a similar situation as u. if i go to china id be only consulting with dr. wang, and in south korea it would probably be with vip and maybe 2 other clinics. dont wrry we have a whole year to decide! lol :smile:

ART can you give me more info on this consultation with DR. Wang since i also lived in the U.S. What city will he be in ? and do i need to scheduled appointment or email dr. wang ?

Email me back for more info at xxx or pm me.

it would be rlly interesting if u went to see him. i remember a while back when i was emailing him he said he was gonna be in the states (i think California) and i was debating on whether or not to go in for a consult and talk to him face to face since china is soo far away. ud probably have to email him and ask if u could set something up while hes there.

I went to BK to do my eyelid revision, so did my sister and my mother (after they saw my eyes) ~ they turned out really natural lokoing, so not OTT big and deep! He is a good surgeon but people say he is very blunt, which is very true, but I lik that he doesnt sugar coat everything. He speaks very good English and he has nurses that speak good English too. Also he asks if you want deep or natural and also outer or inner fold etc. So hes good like that.

2-3 days?! AISH ~ its been almost two weeks maybe from the first one and I have since sent like 2 more >__< I really want a reply because rib cartilage surgery is like really interesting me!! haha

Dont worry, I am still trying to convince my family to come with me but if not I shall keep you posted! Where you travelling from ?? I am in the UK !

im traveling from canada! :sad: lol

Hi all,

(For those who just joined Purse this year) I had rhinoplasty and mandibular reduction at VIP in April last year and this year I'm planning to come back again for some other minor procedures.

Details ab my surgeries:
- Septal and ear cartilages for the nose (about 1mm)
- Alar reduction

Overall, I am happy with my nose because it looks so natural that even my relatives didnt notice anything, except that the tip is still too bulbous (n that's the reason why I'm coming back for a little touch up) But then, sometimes ppl asked me on the street if I got my nose done (not in a negative way), and some fr that I havent seen for 1-2 years said that I got a lot prettier so I guessed even if it looks natural, it definitely looks better (or I became prettier) to an extent that ppl are confused ab it.

Sorry that I wont b sharing any pic because honestly I do not look good in photos (much better in person) and I tried to take photos of my nose but they really dont reflect the actual nose/me at all. If we look at the nose closely, the tip is too big, the bridge is too wide, brief, its definitely not the perfect nose. But overall it's natural and suits my face + my other features. Dr Lee gave me a nose that made ppl confused y I look better but definitely not a nose that ppl could say "Oh her nose is fake".

I will b in Seoul this 1st April and will b staying there for 3 weeks. If anyone is coming to Seoul around that time, we could gang up or if you r interested in my nose, you could come to VIP (I'm gonna stay at the Officetel during that time) and send me a PM

P/S: Kain u still sharing your experiences/knowledge ab rhinoplasty and contributing to this topic :biggrin: I really admire u :biggrin:. By the way ur tip seems a lot refined than mine (I should say i'm envious of you) even though u said ur nose looks like a bird's

Hey IOIO,

I do not have the guy's photo but he is from the same country as me and I was actually going to Dr Kao but after hearing how CONSERVATIVE he is, which is an old man and his old-traditional mind, I skipped him.
Good review might be because those patients prefer natural results and Dr Kao definitely gives natural result because of that subtle change he gives :lol: !!

Hey Vk82,

Dr Wang didn't told me which city he will be, he just told me he will be in the US from 1st ~21st March.

I think it applies to all clinics that it will be best to schedule an appointment with them. What if you fly there and hoping to have the surgery right after the consultation but they told you they are fully booked for a week! GAHHH.!

Do email them, but they take some time to reply thou ~!

Here is another piece of conversation between me and Dr Wang.
I guess Dr Wang is too busy hence another doctor replied me.

"This is Dr.Yang, Assitant of Dr.Tim Wang.

Dr.Wang will be in clinic at 24th March.You may arrive at Dalian 1 day ahead. You can consult with Dr.Wang at 24th or 25th March.

The price of nearest apartment is about 200 a day, we can help to book one for you if you need.

And now we also afford airport pick-up service, please let us know the flight number and the arrving time ahead.The fee for pick-up service is RMB 50 and the RMB 50 yuan is refundable after rhinoplasty surgery.

Yes, our nearest airport is Dalian Zhoushuizi international airport, only 20 minutes drive.

Dr.Yang "

Did some calculation and these are the prices after conversion :

Hotel fees : 200 RMB x 7 = 1400 RMB = 220 USD
Surgery fees ( rib rhino + osteotomy ) = 33000 RMB = 5240 USD
Food : I guess 10 USD per day would be enough? :S So it will be 70 USD
Flight ticket : 560 USD ( That is from my country to DLC )

Total cost : 220 + 5240 + 70 + 560 = 6090 USD.

I just sent them another email regarding the surgery process etc etc. Hopefully I can get all my doubts cleared by another 2 or 3 emails and off to book my ticket. :smile:

ANYONE KEEN TO TAG ALONG? Will be there on either 24th or 25th March. A tad concern because Dr Wang he is back on the 24th and I'm afraid he might suffer from jetlag or will be too tired from the flight and give me a blotchy nose job!! Hence thinking of getting there on 25th to play safe a little. :graucho:

Hi all,

(For those who just joined Purse this year) I had rhinoplasty and mandibular reduction at VIP in April last year and this year I'm planning to come back again for some other minor procedures.

Details ab my surgeries:
- Septal and ear cartilages for the nose (about 1mm)
- Alar reduction

Overall, I am happy with my nose because it looks so natural that even my relatives didnt notice anything, except that the tip is still too bulbous (n that's the reason why I'm coming back for a little touch up) But then, sometimes ppl asked me on the street if I got my nose done (not in a negative way), and some fr that I havent seen for 1-2 years said that I got a lot prettier so I guessed even if it looks natural, it definitely looks better (or I became prettier) to an extent that ppl are confused ab it.

Sorry that I wont b sharing any pic because honestly I do not look good in photos (much better in person) and I tried to take photos of my nose but they really dont reflect the actual nose/me at all. If we look at the nose closely, the tip is too big, the bridge is too wide, brief, its definitely not the perfect nose. But overall it's natural and suits my face + my other features. Dr Lee gave me a nose that made ppl confused y I look better but definitely not a nose that ppl could say "Oh her nose is fake".

I will b in Seoul this 1st April and will b staying there for 3 weeks. If anyone is coming to Seoul around that time, we could gang up or if you r interested in my nose, you could come to VIP (I'm gonna stay at the Officetel during that time) and send me a PM

P/S: Kain u still sharing your experiences/knowledge ab rhinoplasty and contributing to this topic :biggrin: I really admire u :biggrin:. By the way ur tip seems a lot refined than mine (I should say i'm envious of you) even though u said ur nose looks like a bird's

Sweet! I'll be there for my boobs lol

UWangel143 said:
http://www.entandallergy.com/afp/media/pdfs/lin_rhinoplasty_complications.pdf

its a little old, (dec 2007) research paper but basically it talks about plastic surgery complications, the risks involved etc. I attached a screenshot of a useful table that displays the rate of resorption, warping, infection, extrusion rates of various implants like cartilage, bone, silicone, gortex etc.

I personally got mine done with Dr. Jung in south korea using gore tex, i really liked it, but this time around i need to reduce my nose flare. (should've done it but at that time i was too scared to do too much n ppl would notice) i'm not sure if i should go again to korea or if i should do japan.. i'll let u know once i come up with something.

Ooo thanks for that!! So from that it seemsa goretex has more infection rate?? but looks like cartilage and bone be a good choice. I wanna get rib but im still undecided!!

taeyang123 said:
ya im in a similar situation as u. if i go to china id be only consulting with dr. wang, and in south korea it would probably be with vip and maybe 2 other clinics. dont wrry we have a whole year to decide! lol :smile:

Haha cool - if u decide to go to China let me know as I would def buddy up and go if it was China!!

Who else you talking to in Korea? Dr JUng is my top fave with maybe on VIP.