Artists! Show your work!

The paint is water based. It took me about 4 months (putting about 20 hours/week) to finish them.

wow, to have that kind of patience :wtf: :girlsigh:

the one i posted took about 20 minutes of doodling in class and then maybe an hour to get the lines straight enough for my liking.. :shame: i find that the longer i spend the less happy i'm with my art :confused1:

Wow Bagnshoo!! I lovvveee those! You could start your own business selling those... amazing!

Merika, also amazing! what you did looks really complicated, but very lovely and bright!

Cutestmom, also beautiful!! You guys are all so talented!

Coachkatie, that was really good! You should see my attempt at painting, its rediculous.

I'm impressed by all!

454569453_0584ea2dc7.jpg

454569449_45c0a7dc22.jpg

!

What a beautiful art work!!!! Embroidered? Wow!!!Very talented and patient!!

This was my first and last time attempting to oil paint (about 3 years ago). Much more difficult than I had thought it would be. LOL!!!! I worked at JoAnn Etc (Fabric and Craft store) in high school and watched people paint all the time. It's hanging in my aunt's kitchen now. :roflmfao:

You should continue with it. Oil painting is supposed to be much harder to work with, yet you did a splendid job.

the one i posted took about 20 minutes of doodling in class and then maybe an hour to get the lines straight enough for my liking.. :shame: i find that the longer i spend the less happy i'm with my art :confused1:

You can whip out a piece of art in 80 minutes? Wow!!! It takes me that long to get my supplies lined up. I'm very slow. I love your art.

i'm a fast one :graucho: for that particular piece i only used three colours of acrylic paint and then went over the edges with a fat marker afterwards (ok so it wasn't quite 80 minutes because my first marker ran out and i had to buy a new one the next day..). i do have one piece i've been working on for a while but it's an abstract that i throw more paint on and swirl it around when i feel like it. sometimes i use my fingers :shame:

and i live alone so i don't necessarily clean up all my stuff every time so when i'm in a painting phase it's probably already out :shame:

in photoshop i take my time though, but that's because i can always undo everything if i'm not happy ;)

and thanks for the compliment! yours are amazing, i could never do anything like that..

for me, my paintings are 'childish'. LOL. my paintings look like those characters in Japanese anime. And I cook up my own stories in my brain while painting. I'd post one later, the images are at home. :search: