Armani Makeup

I use the foundations too and like the line.

The only trouble I have is that the foundation #'s are not consistent from product to product.

For example, I wear the 5.5 in the luminous silk foundation (no spf). When they came out with the Lasting Silk Foundation (with spf) I ordered the 5.5 and it was way lighter than the 5.5 Luminous Silk--it didn't work for me at all. In fact, there isn't any straight color that works for me in the Lasting Silk. The Armani SA and I ended up having to blend two colors together. I buy one bottle of 5.5 and one of 7.0 and blend them myself!!

I used their luminous silk foundation (I think that's what its called) and it was my absolute favorite....liked it over chanel :smile: however ive switched to cheap drugstore makeup because Im a college student...haha

what's the difference between all the foundations (face fabric, luminous silk, lasting silk, etc.)?

Face Fabric - Light coverage (more like a tinted moisturizer type coverage) goes on very smooth and even, gives a nice glow.

Lasting Silk - Medium Coverage, Gives a subtle glow, Good lasting power

Luminous Silk - Medium Coverage, Gives a Luminous Glow

I was told by my SA that Lasting silk is for younger more oily skin due to the staying powder and Luminous Silk is more drier more mature skin that needs more of a luminous glow then younger skin would need.

I love GA's foundations. Used to stick to Luminous Silk Foundation (used bout like 3 bottles) before my skin condition changed and now I'm using Lasting Silk Foundation. Luminous Silk is more for hydration and gives a slightly dewy look with subtle glow. Lasting Silk is slightly matte (but not as matte as their previous Matte Silk Foundation which I believe has been discontinued). I also used HydraGlow before as it was great during winter when my skin is super dry. Tried Face Fabric and the texture is great - super smooth! The only complain is the coverage is too light/sheer, I prefer medium coverage - it's great for those with good skin though.

Overall, GA has a great range of foundation. Give it a try! :smile:

I love Armani make up. If I could afford it, I would only use Armani products.

I use the face fabric (which I blend with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for even smoother application) and I always use the luminous silk pressed powder. I have the translucent loose powder at the moment because the pressed powder was out of stock last time I went to buy it. I have two really beautiful dark eye shadows in navy and smoky grey. I have 3 lipsticks.

Whenever I have a special dinner or evening event to go to, I always try to pop in to the Armani counter to have my makeup done - the make up artists really understand what I want and do an amazing job. The last time I had it done, I got so many compliments on my make up - triumph!

I just switched over to Armani's primer, foundation, and powder from Smashbox and Chanel. And wow what a difference! The primer is amazing. I thought Smashbox's photofinish was the be all and end all of primers. Nope! The Armani primer is amazing and it fills in all the little lines in my face and feels like a moisturizer (although the SA said it isn't and to still use your daily moisturizer underneath). The foundation and powder is also much better than Chanel. Chanel was making me look dry and too matte and would crack. The Armani makeup makes me look fresh and dewy. Strangers were complimenting me on my skin and that never, ever happens. I think I'm going to go back and try their blushes next time.

I've used Armani Luminous Silk Foundation but am loving the Dior Nude Foundation now. I've found the Armani foundation to be a bit oily on after a few hours and I will have to blot. I do love their lipsticks and glosses though. They have a great nude lipstick I buy in bulk.

I use the luminous silk foundation. I also purchased the brush. Both were expensive but worth it I guess. I like the foundation best of anything I've used. I also use the #3 lip liner frequently. It was probably twice the price of MAC but it's a great color for me, stays on and the pencil is lasting forever.

I ADORE Armani make-up. I use their creme
foundation and it's so rich and silky. The lipsticks
are the creamiest I've ever used. AND, I'm so
thrilled with their new? mascara - Eyes to Kill.
It just won't clump! I'm a mascara fiend. It
has to be perfect before I'll use, and Armani's
is perfect. I like it way better than all the Dior's.

I use their lipsticks. They are excellent! Have tried lipsticks from many lines, but can't find others that even come close in color and overall quality. Have also heard excellent comments about their eye shadows, but haven't tried them yet.