Are your bags true to size?

Jun 22, 2021
Hi there :smile:

I was curious as I have been told Hermes Bags do not always have the exact measurement they are supposed to have !
I measured my B30, 2B25 and K25

My B30 and B25 are correct measurements but my K25 is only 23.5 cm

Are yours true to size ?

• Sad
Reactions: highend
Hi there :smile:

I was curious as I have been told Hermes Bags do not always have the exact measurement they are supposed to have !
I measured my B30, 2B25 and K25

My B30 and B25 are correct measurements but my K25 is only 23.5 cm

Are yours true to size ?
No, in fact most of my retourne bags specifically are smaller than their given size. Granted, there are some sizing parameters within which the bags must fall, but Hermès isn’t going to reject a bag in Quality Control just because it’s 2cm too large or too small— that would be ridiculous.:lol:

(Imagine spending over a dozen hours making a bag only to be told, “Sorry, I know you’ve worked tirelessly on this bag for the last two days, but we’re going to have to destroy it simply because it’s a half cm too big.”:lol:)

Last edited:
I am not into Hermes right now, but 2cm seems quite a lot! Even handmade it should be possible to measure the leather correctly before cutting it, isn't it?
The size variation is not really a matter of how the leather is cut— Hermès bags are made using patterns anyway. The size variation comes into play when the bag is actually being assembled. Simply put, these are handmade bags. There are so many aspects to consider: different craftspeople using slightly different amounts of seam allowance, tautness of stitching, burnishing , piping thickness (again, done by hand)… and these are only the aspects that can be controlled. It’s not something to worry about; if anything, it should serve as a welcome reminder that these beautiful bags are made by hand.:flowers:

No, in fact most of my retourne bags specifically are smaller than their given size. Granted, there are some sizing parameters within which the bags must fall, but Hermès isn’t going to reject a bag in Quality Control just because it’s 2cm too large or too small— that would be ridiculous.:lol:

(Imagine spending over a dozen hours making a bag only to be told, “Sorry, I know you’ve worked tirelessly on this bag for the last two days, but we’re going to have to destroy it simply because it’s a half cm too big.”:lol:)
It’s not an issue for me, I was just curious to see the variety of different sizes :smile:
Bigger though could be an issue
, if you want a K25 you might not be so happy to have one that look closer to a 28 !