Are you wearing more or less makeup as you get older?

From whenever until last year I wore eyeliner everyday. On rare occasions someone would catch me without it (bad day, or lazy), and say that I look tired. So I believed I needed it.

Then I heard a conversation between my mom and a bunch of other older women about how they chose to tattoo eyeliner because their eyesight became poor making it very difficult to apply that makeup and with a steady hand. So I decided to take the plunge. I stopped wearing eyeliner.

Now I actually wear more make up: tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip gloss/stick. But I feel more confident and natural and pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
I would love to see a pic of it. I am also tempted to get it done and eyebrow tattoos. But, so scared!

Reactions: sneedonist
Had my eyebrows tattooed last August and it has been a game changer in getting ready in the morning! It has also helped as my eyesight has diminished due to an eye disease making it harder to see my face in the mirror...

Reactions: GGGirl
Had my eyebrows tattooed last August and it has been a game changer in getting ready in the morning! It has also helped as my eyesight has diminished due to an eye disease making it harder to see my face in the mirror...

I am getting my eyebrows done next month! It just takes me too long to perfect my brows in the morning. You sound very happy with ur results! [emoji4]

I am getting my eyebrows done next month! It just takes me too long to perfect my brows in the morning. You sound very happy with ur results! [emoji4]

As am I. They were such a blessing and I didn't even do my eyebrows in the morning, just wished for more defined and thicker brows. The contrast is such a good look for framing the face.

As am I. They were such a blessing and I didn't even do my eyebrows in the morning, just wished for more defined and thicker brows. The contrast is such a good look for framing the face.

Can I ask- I know off topic, but how long did it take you to completely heal? I have my appointment 10 days before an event and my esthetician says I should be healed by then and can pencil in my brows if necessary the night of my event. I was going to reschedule but she thinks I will be fine by then.

I’m 46 and started using full make up from eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, concealer , sometimes primer, foundation, eyebrow pencil, contouring, about 1.5-2yrs ago.
It definitely enhance my look & making me looks fresh & younger (that’s what all my friend said).
I didn’t really care about make up before, because I focus on skin care more. That’s why everyone said I look 10yrs younger because great skin is the base of everything.

By the way, I'm the only one who has shown photos! You don't need to show a big swath of your face to give an idea of what "little makeup" or "full makeup" looks like to you. Just an eye, or a contoured cheek, or a pout, would show so much.