Are you wearing more or less makeup as you get older?

I tend to wear less now. I've noticed my eyes have started sagging a little, so my lower eyelid is somewhat hidden by the other....kinda pointless wearing eye shadow the way I used to, because you can't see it. Having said that, I'm finding my Bare Minerals foundation is not covering my blemishes as well as it used to. (If anyone has any ideas for a natural looking foundation that is good at covering blemishes, I'd love to hear what kind it is, TIA!)

I changed back to bobbi brown and find that I can do her shadows...I always wear a shadow primer and then use a couple of light shadows and an eyeliner and mascara...clean look...cheeks get bronzer and lips get a nude or light color with gloss...

I tend to wear less now. I've noticed my eyes have started sagging a little, so my lower eyelid is somewhat hidden by the other....kinda pointless wearing eye shadow the way I used to, because you can't see it. Having said that, I'm finding my Bare Minerals foundation is not covering my blemishes as well as it used to. (If anyone has any ideas for a natural looking foundation that is good at covering blemishes, I'd love to hear what kind it is, TIA!)

I understand because I share similar problems.

Currently, I focus more on mascara as I notice it "opens" up my eyes more, compared to eyeshadow. I still wear eyeshadow occasionally, and when I do, I go over the upper lid more so you can see the color (check out some youtube videos on hooded lids). My colors now are more light burgundy or gold shimmer, or light bronze brown.

As to foundation, no Bare Minerals won't work as you age, you probably need to experiment with a good medium coverage foundation with high SPF from Bobbi Brown or Guerlain. I use LaMer in the winter over my sunscreen. And concealer here and here to cover blemishes is just a must. So it's definitely a little more work to "maintain" the fresh faced look. But you know, as I get older, I compare myself to my peers, rather than women in their 20s. So I think I'm still doing quite well. :smile::smile::smile:

Sleep well, eat well, and reduce stress.

Hope it helps.

More as in the number of products I use. I do a very light contour on my cheeks&jawline and use a highlighter these days. I still use a very light base, nowadays my absolute favorite is a color serum from Lumene and I never cake on alot of anything. Serum, most days mixed with the Rosy Dawn illuminizer drops, topped off with a fine loose powder, is enough to give my skin a nice glow and even tone. Blush, contour, highlight, mascara, lip product. All with a very light application except lip product; Sometimes I just have to go a bit crazy with it...but that's a long standing issue! :biggrin:

Im wearing more make up now! In my early teens I wore a pink lipstick just to go out, in my early twenties I started to use mascara, eyeliner and concealer. Now, Im 30, I wear foudantion, primer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, concelear, eyebrow makeup... everything!

I wear foundation or tinted moisturizer more than when I was in my 20s, but I used to wear eye makeup every day. Now, due to allergies which make my eyes itchy (year-round here in CA), I wear little to no eye makeup, especially mascara. I'm 61, and need a little something for my skin to not look dull and show age spots and veins.

I am wearing a bit more as I'm grooming my brows w/Anastasia brow pencil now. I never bothered with my eyebrows before for some reason. Have done the same routine for 25 yrs: lipstick, lipliner, blush, cream eye shadow, lining lower rims, eye liner on top lid and mascara on top lashes only. Would like to do concealer and foundation, but my rosacea/sensitive eyes seem to hate this stuff.

I am in mid-50s.

I am wearing a bit more as I'm grooming my brows w/Anastasia brow pencil now. I never bothered with my eyebrows before for some reason. Have done the same routine for 25 yrs: lipstick, lipliner, blush, cream eye shadow, lining lower rims, eye liner on top lid and mascara on top lashes only. Would like to do concealer and foundation, but my rosacea/sensitive eyes seem to hate this stuff.

I am in mid-50s.

Hi! I have rosacea/sensitive skin too. If ur wanting to use foundation my Dermotologist told me to use mineral foundation. I use Bare Minerals liquid and so far so good. It can drying (I have dry skin) so I use BM hydrating primer too and that takes care of the drying issue of the foundation- I am pretty happy with it. Lots of colour choices.

I'm 33, and I'm in the less makeup (except for light mascara and a splash of lip color) + more skincare group. My eyes are more hooded now, so eyeshadow colors are lost. My skin is more sensitive now, and I can tell that skin issues take longer to heal.

Is it all downhill from here?! :crybaby: