Are you wearing more or less makeup as you get older?

Never wore any makeup but have started using lipstick since last year otherwise face appears dead. Sometimes I use a liner in the lower lashes. Anything more and i look pretty bad.

I am 38 and now just slather on SPF 70 mixed with a tinted moisturizer for a hint of color/coverage (but like 4 parts sunscreen to 1 part tinted moisturizer). Only eye makeup I do is tons of mascara brushed clump free and heat curled to be maximum impact. A good lip gloss. That's it. My brows are filled in with 3D semi permanent tattoos.
Anything more than that makes me look older

Wow this post was from 2010. Anyways, im 27 and what I noticed is am more into skincare now than before. And Im thinking of ditching drugstore makeup and switching to highend. Maybe to look better as I age? Nothing changed with my routine. Primer,concealer,liquid foundation,loose powdr, mascara, eyeshadow, eye liner, lipstick and blush. I also want to learn how to contour to make my face slimmer :smile:

Reactions: absolutpink
I broke out my Mac eyeshadows and tested them After a long time to see if my 38 year old eye lids looked paper and yucky anymore with eye shadow and actually it was fine. I should have taken a photo.
I should probably wear eye shadow again but I'm too lazy.

I am devoted to squirting some tinted moisturizer with my gobs of sunscreen every day though. And mascara like my life depends on it.

One thing I noticed was that a long wearing lip gloss I bought at age 30 that I still have, when I tried it, after 2 hours it started to feather northwards of my upper lip. Boo. Not a good look. So that got thrown out. Regular glosses, Mac cream lipsticks, or pro longwear it is...

From whenever until last year I wore eyeliner everyday. On rare occasions someone would catch me without it (bad day, or lazy), and say that I look tired. So I believed I needed it.

Then I heard a conversation between my mom and a bunch of other older women about how they chose to tattoo eyeliner because their eyesight became poor making it very difficult to apply that makeup and with a steady hand. So I decided to take the plunge. I stopped wearing eyeliner.

Now I actually wear more make up: tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip gloss/stick. But I feel more confident and natural and pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Reactions: mdcx
I use to wear it all- fake lashes, foundation/powder, concealer, blush, contouring, highlighter, brow powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner l, bright lipstick. Now that I’m 33 and live in SF I’ve gone more natural. Just light foundation, eyelash extensions, lipgloss and sometimes blush. That’s on a good day. Usually I wear no makeup. I find nice skin looks way better than lots of makeup. My skincare game seems on point these days and I get facials every two weeks.

Reactions: loves
These days at age 48 I'm wearing more, but only because I recently got addicted to some beauty YouTubers. I've bought and worn more makeup in the last few months than I have the last dozen years or so. Since my mid thirties, I'd just worn concealer, mascara, and lips. Now I'm into almost all of it from primer all the way through setting spray; although I still just can't do full foundation. Makes my face feel dirty and my skin does not like it. I also don't do much with my eyebrows as I like their natural shape and am lucky enough to not even have to pluck. I have to be careful with shimmery eyeshadows as some formulations make my eyelids look crepey and some don't. I have fair/neutral dry skin with virtually no fine lines thanks to good genes and sun protection. I prefer dewey over matte finish makeup.

Reactions: dfwgirl and mdcx