Are you a user or a collector?

I am definately a user. I have never sold a bag or bought a used one. If I'm going to spend money on a bag, I would have to totally love it and want to use it for a long time. I think my first piece was the accessory pouch, then I got the cles mono ..then the mono accessory mini, then the blois, the speedy mono 25, a mono checkbook, all three wapities, the B Horizontal, the damier speedy 30, and I can at this point honestly say there is nothing at LV that I want at this point. I do have my name on the list at the store for the mirror speedy when it comes in. I do have alot of fendi that I love. I have alot of coach that am thinking of selling. I dont know if I want to or not. but I dont wear the coach that much. I cant bring myself to buy a used bag....its not a bad thing...its just me..I feel a bag is a personal thing and I always need to have a new one.

I am definitely a USER !!!! When I get tired of it, it goes in the dustbag and becomes an item to admire and use every great once in awhile. I WILL NEVER SELL ANY OF MY LV ITEMS EVER !!!! Even if I am starving !!!!

My boyfriend suggested selling my sp40 when I was low on rent money, I went and got a PT job instead !!!!!!!!!! Sell my sp40, 1 months worth of rent vs. 50 years of pleasure I THINK NOT!!!!

lulilu said:
Both. I have both rare and "regular" LVs. I tend to put some away for a few months and bring others out. I don't know how many I have currently, but I have sold almost 40 in the past two years.
And for those who only buy new -- that makes it kind of hard to collect discontinued and rare items like cherry blossom, graffiti, old epi colors, etc. -- some of which I collect.

I'd like to collect some of the discontinued items...but, I just can't get past the fact that I didn't get it new. :rolleyes: (Then the whole ebay thing freaks me out...)

I love the cherry blossom!! ...would've liked to get a graffiti speedy. Oh well....There's always future limited ed. bags. I do have the cerise speedy though! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

i'm totally a user! hehehe, but i've only got ONE LV piece!!! i hope to add more to my collection this year! USER ALL THE WAY!!! (geez, i shouldn't shout that out when i'm on the streets)

I use all of my bags, though some less often, especially those that I love and am afraid of ruining with use lol! I have a hard time selling bags, even if I needed to considering space and money.

User, accidental collector. When I fell in love with the Eye love release, I just had to get it!! Now it is considered collectable and the hits just keep on coming! I tend to pick the limited release items, but I use them all the time. I am to the point after more than a decade of purchases, thinking of having a purge. I did ebay some items once before, but then kicked myself for selling a RW! So I did get sellers remorse. But I am thinking it's become more of a hoarding issue than a collection, so time to have a think. I will probably keep items due more to sentimental value than what I think I might get for them and "LVcycle" the ones I don't use, just so they can be enjoyed by someone else. I will always buy LV, but am making wiser choices now due to the sheer volume of new styles being released. I don't want to get burnout. VIVA LV!!!!!

Hm, I always hated to use the word collector (It makes me feel guilty) LOL. Lets just say I USE all my collection. Funny, I usually carry my bag out of the store too!! I put my old bag in the shopping bag and off I go! I only sell what I dont use. I dont like having bags sitting around doing nothing when there are other bags out there I could buy. My tastes seem to have changed a bit since I started so I "tweaked" my collection a bit. I LOVE everything I have now, and dont see me selling any of it. Who knows though. Its all good fun though!

I´m def. a user. I don´´t have the money for buying an expensive handbag for putting it in a shelf. I have 4 bags, 5 if I consider the wapity as another :smile: (I don´t know what can´t I stop using it! I try ti imagine I was in the time I had´t it but I can´t!)

i rotate my bags trying to match em with what I´m weraing, so I odn´t have an order, I´m thinking about getting a new monogram bag so I can have 2 styles to deicde btw, bcz is the bag I consider matchs with everything!