Are there MC Speedys made in USA?

I've been browsing ebay for a multicolore speedy and a couple of them are made in USA. I thought they were only made in France. Are there authentic ones made in USA?

To answer your original question, yes, there are authentic white MC Speedys made in the USA. I remember a year and a half ago, when I was at an LV boutique to buy something, I saw a couple of white MC Speedys sold in the boutique that were made in USA.

In reference to the ones that you are browsing on ebay, I don't know if they are authentic (since you didn't post links to the auctions).

To answer your original question, yes, there are authentic white MC Speedys made in the USA. I remember a year and a half ago, when I was at an LV boutique to buy something, I saw a couple of white MC Speedys sold in the boutique that were made in USA.

In reference to the ones that you are browsing on ebay, I don't know if they are authentic (since you didn't post links to the auctions).

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!! NO way!!!! I'm going to call my friend to verify!!!

You pay for a Louis Vuitton made in Paris because you pay for a french "artisan" to stitch your bag. One that specializes in working w/ the leather...and that is all he does all day.

You don't pay for a Louis Vuitton made in the USA because it would've been crafted by a minimum wage worker at Walmart or a sweat shop in Chinatown.

Understand what I'm trying to say?

Ummm actually there are factories in the USA and ALOT of the bags are now made in USA...along with Spain & Italy.

You pay for a Louis Vuitton made in Paris because you pay for a french "artisan" to stitch your bag. One that specializes in working w/ the leather...and that is all he does all day.

You don't pay for a Louis Vuitton made in the USA because it would've been crafted by a minimum wage worker at Walmart or a sweat shop in Chinatown.

Nope, no matter where it is made, the employee would be well trained...why would a french worker be more skilled than an american worker.

No, I truly don't understand what you are trying to say. :confused1:

Ya, I agree with afcgirl. I don't understand what you're saying. The thread's asking whether there are authentic made in USA MC speedies (answer= YES), which has nothing to do with specially trained "artisans qui fabriquent des oeuvres d'art" and walmart people/counterfeit goods in Chinatown........:supacool:

What I understand is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

What I understand is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
:roflmfao:

... Back to topic, I would imagine that the earliest MC speedies were Made in France only. I believe that MC was meant to be a limited line but due to overwhelming popular demand they decided to keep it on as a permanent line. Once that was confirmed, then i'm sure they would have started production of MC in the USA factories as well.

The datecode of the bag would probably be the most helpful in determining it. For example, if you find a 2003 speedy when MC came out that says made in U.S.A. then that would be a problem!

As for the above listings, I would NOT trust the seller if fakes have been sold before. Although i'm not the expert authenticator, if John says it is fake then ummm... i'm gonna go with FAKE!