Are there MC Speedys made in USA?

You pay for a Louis Vuitton made in Paris because you pay for a french "artisan" to stitch your bag. One that specializes in working w/ the leather...and that is all he does all day.

You don't pay for a Louis Vuitton made in the USA because it would've been crafted by a minimum wage worker at Walmart or a sweat shop in Chinatown.

Understand what I'm trying to say?

So your telling me that the MC speedy I purchased from the Houston Galleria which reads made in USA, was actually made by a sweatshop worker? :confused1:

:roflmfao:

... Back to topic, I would imagine that the earliest MC speedies were Made in France only. I believe that MC was meant to be a limited line but due to overwhelming popular demand they decided to keep it on as a permanent line. Once that was confirmed, then i'm sure they would have started production of MC in the USA factories as well.

The datecode of the bag would probably be the most helpful in determining it. For example, if you find a 2003 speedy when MC came out that says made in U.S.A. then that would be a problem!

As for the above listings, I would NOT trust the seller if fakes have been sold before. Although i'm not the expert authenticator, if John says it is fake then ummm... i'm gonna go with FAKE!

That totally makes sense... That explains why I've only seen made in France. But LV definitely has factories in the US, so it's only natural that the MC line would eventually be made here once it became a permanent line.

My black MC speedy from may of 04 was made in USA and it's 100% real! I am afraid it's gonna be hard to sell though due to the lack of widespread knowledge that LV is indeed made in the US too. :sad:

My black MC speedy from may of 04 was made in USA and it's 100% real! I am afraid it's gonna be hard to sell though due to the lack of widespread knowledge that LV is indeed made in the US too. :sad:

If I end up buying one made in USA, I would be concerned about the same thing. I have monogram and damier made in USA, but that seems to be more common than the MC line.

You pay for a Louis Vuitton made in Paris because you pay for a french "artisan" to stitch your bag. One that specializes in working w/ the leather...and that is all he does all day.

You don't pay for a Louis Vuitton made in the USA because it would've been crafted by a minimum wage worker at Walmart or a sweat shop in Chinatown.

Understand what I'm trying to say?

EXCUSE ME.....there is nothing wrong LV made in the USA or Spain for that matter!!! Those comments above are pretty harsh - people are hard workers here in the US! :cursing: