Are Speedies still worth buying?

Haha - well you did post this in the LV forum I do love a good balenciaga and with the strap it's a bit more versatile if you are only considering the handheld version of the speedy. The speedy is never going anywhere though. It's a classic.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I would suggest going for the Speedy Bandouliere instead of the Speedy so that you are able to carry shoulder, cross body and handheld. I don't own any Balenciaga bags but I hear the leather is nice. Something about the LV canvas which is indestructible; you can carry this in the rain worry free vs a leather handbag.

Reactions: p3b
IMO anything you love is worth buying if you have the means. With that being said the speedy is a beautiful, practical, classic, bag, why wouldn't it be worth it?

Reactions: onlyk
I love both bags and hope to own both someday, but for now I have the Speedy B 30 in DE and I absolutely love it. So classic, well-made, comfortable, versatile, fits everything I need- I could go on. I love that it doesn't really need to be babied and just goes with everything. I definitely see why so many people love it.

Balenciaga City bags are also beautiful, but need to be babied more because of the leather. I like that they have a bit more of an edgy look and aren't as common as LV Speedies, at least where I live. But if I could only have one of the two, I'd go with the Speedy for the reasons I mentioned.

I think if you like the bag and price then it's worth it but only buy something you really want. I remember getting my first Speedy as a Christmas gift years ago and I love her. After owning two Speedy 35s, I'm thinking of getting a 25 or 25B in Azur or Monogram.

This forum is biased so we are more likely going to endorse our beloved speedy. I have many other designer bags but no Bal bags. I once considered one and an SA at Barney's BH said he did not feel the quality was commensurate with the price- it is def a trophy bag but I think there are better choices and of course LV is right up there. GL with whatever you decide!

Reactions: MyBelongs to Louis
This forum is biased so we are more likely going to endorse our beloved speedy. I have many other designer bags but no Bal bags. I once considered one and an SA at Barney's BH said he did not feel the quality was commensurate with the price- it is def a trophy bag but I think there are better choices and of course LV is right up there. GL with whatever you decide!
I love this comment as we are definitely biased here, being LV lovers:biggrin:

To answer the original question: the Speedy shape is eternal, timeless and ALWAYS WORTH IT! It was my first iconic bag from LV and I would recommend it for anyone else buying their first luxury handbag.

My very first post. Now, although I’m fairly new to this thread and the world of LV, I can support what everyone else has already said having looked at numerous videos, posts, and pics the speedy bag is definitely worth every penny. The shape, design is an instant classic, something that you will keep and get years of wear and tear. Definitely a must have for any bag enthusiast/fashionista. FYI: this is coming from a guy.

The City in regular size holds more than a 25. The Speedy 30 is more equivalent to the City.

The City has a much wider opening top zipper, too. It comes with a shoulder strap, which the regular Speedy doesn't.

Reactions: onlyk