Are Speedies still worth buying?

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
I'm contemplating between a Balenciaga motorcycle bag and Speedy 25 (both preloved) as my first designer bag. I have a MJ Stam but I'm not sure if that's considered designer or is it mid-ranged?

Anyway, which one should I get? Assuming I like both.

I'm contemplating between a Balenciaga motorcycle bag and Speedy 25 (both preloved) as my first designer bag. I have a MJ Stam but I'm not sure if that's considered designer or is it mid-ranged?

Anyway, which one should I get? Assuming I like both.
yes, love speedys, buy and sell and buy and sell all the time, it's one of my most favorite looking bags, that's why I buy, then I don't use it enough since I have other bags, so I sell, I miss it then I buy it again :P

yes, love speedys, buy and sell and buy and sell all the time, it's one of my most favorite looking bags, that's why I buy, then I don't use it enough since I have other bags, so I sell, I miss it then I buy it again :P

Oh Exactly like me. I let go my Speedy Bandou summer last year and now, all througout this year I'm missing it and pining for it. I'm going to do the worldtour PO on Speedy Bandou for myself soon. So the answer is, Speedy all the way!

I just got my first speedy not so long ago. Now I wish I bought one 10 years ago. It would have saved me a shed load of money having bought so many rubbish bags over the years that were either too heavy, restricted ways to wear or just didn't last long because the handle would tear off or they looked very scruffy after a year. Whereas with speedys they still look pretty good even when battered and worn gives that vintage look. It really is a good all rounder very reliable and can throw around a pretty hardy bag.

Speedys have been chic since the 30s. I doubt they'll go out of style anytime soon. Its a classic shape.

Its also extremely comfortable and holds a lot. There is a reason why its been so popular so long!

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I say the speedy! My first bag was a speedy. I don’t use it as much since it is hand carry only and I have two kiddies but I still have great memories of getting that first LV piece.

I have both Balenciaga City and Speedy 25 (not with strap). I used to wear Bbag more but now I am back to my Speedy (I got a separate strap for it). They both are very nice bags but I would go for Speedy.

Reactions: Visss