ARCHIVE 6-01-13 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

Status
Not open for further replies.
tem: HERMES BLACK BIRKIN 35 PHW TOGO LEATHER
Listing number: 160856199759
Seller: hermesobsessed
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERMES-BLAC...n_s_Handbags&hash=item2573c6d24f#ht_500wt_962
Comments if any: I'm not sure if the interior photo is sufficient and I've asked for more photos. I searched the seller and he/she has feedback as a buyer but none as a seller. Many thanks!
I would be very careful since they don´t seem to have any feedback for luxury items.

They buy cheap stamps. They only accept bank transfer. I am not a bag authenticator but I would NOT pursue this.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Hope I did this correctly. Thank you in advance for your time!

Item: Vintage Hermes Black Calfskin Leather Trim
Listing number: 330776925118
Seller: jfc218
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330776925118

I did a search on tPF on the item number and seller. The seller has been discussed before, but this item hasn't. The listing says it has been professionally dyed. Also note photo 11 (second to last photo). Is it even worth considering? Would Hermes accept it for "spa" considering that it's been dyed? Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Wow....thank you so much for fast respond.....I report it to ebay about this problem but since I made the payment not with PayPal (Bank Wire) so they ask me to report again after I received the item, which is now almost 2weeks since I received the bag but I am on holiday at the moment until end of August so I cannot contact Ebay again for this matter (it's gonna cost me a lot of money for calling ebay customer line hik....)
Now hubby told me (he investigate himself that this seller have quiet good rate but she/he changes name on Ebay few times)
Please is anyone else have any suggestion to help me :sad: I can't really enjoy my holiday now with my family abroad cause of this case

Thank you again for helping, God bless you all

The seller has another Birkin bag auctioned for $5000, item: 200805171487.
I loved the color and was almost bidding on it till I came across this post. I fee just terrible for you. I think if you print out her auction that advertises an authentic bag with the package containing the counterfiet bag both to the bank, they may reverse the funds. Selling counterfiet is a crime and the bank must help you to stop this criminal activity. I am praying for you.

The seller has another Birkin bag auctioned for $5000, item: 200805171487.
I loved the color and was almost bidding on it till I came across this post. I fee just terrible for you. I think if you print out her auction that advertises an authentic bag with the package containing the counterfiet bag both to the bank, they may reverse the funds. Selling counterfiet is a crime and the bank must help you to stop this criminal activity. I am praying for you.

Please put posts like this in the Ebay sellers thread, as this thread is for questions about authenticity regarding specific bags only. Thanks.

tem: HERMES BLACK BIRKIN 35 PHW TOGO LEATHER
Listing number: 160856199759
Seller: hermesobsessed
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERMES-BLAC...n_s_Handbags&hash=item2573c6d24f#ht_500wt_962
Comments if any: I'm not sure if the interior photo is sufficient and I've asked for more photos. I searched the seller and he/she has feedback as a buyer but none as a seller. Many thanks!

I do not see any issues with this bag in the posted pictures, of course would be happy to look at additional ones to confirm. A clearer, straighter picture of the blind stamp would be nice.

Seller has some history with luxury items, buyer and seller, although intermittent. Always a good idea to communicate with any seller so you can personally form a view about them.

Hello all,

would you please confirm if this bag is fake and if it is, would you all help report it to ebay so another innocent buyer wouldn't fall in this trap!

item name:BIRKIN 35cm in 5P PINK Togo Leather with PHW
Seller: keepthepink
Item number: 200805171487
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200805171487?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Dear lalaland, this thread is of the authentication of bags that members are personally thinking of buying, please dont use it to ask about eBay auctions you may think are suspicious, it is not for that purpose.

If you searched the sellers name I think the conclusion about this bag might be clear to you.

Thank you bababebi, kat. Let's see what the seller comes back with but you're absolutely right about being cautious and about authenticity being but one element of a trade. These bags are too expensive to be in any doubt about anything!

Thank you bababebi, kat. Let's see what the seller comes back with but you're absolutely right about being cautious and about authenticity being but one element of a trade. These bags are too expensive to be in any doubt about anything!
Good luck.

Sorry to be OT but I just wanted to add that there is nothing directly wrong with paying via bank transfer if you know your seller. I have done it many times.

Dear lalaland, this thread is of the authentication of bags that members are personally thinking of buying, please dont use it to ask about eBay auctions you may think are suspicious, it is not for that purpose.

If you searched the sellers name I think the conclusion about this bag might be clear to you.
alright! I appreciate it.
Thanks

Hello everyone. Hope I did this correctly. Thank you in advance for your time!

Item: Vintage Hermes Black Calfskin Leather Trim
Listing number: 330776925118
Seller: jfc218
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330776925118

I did a search on tPF on the item number and seller. The seller has been discussed before, but this item hasn't. The listing says it has been professionally dyed. Also note photo 11 (second to last photo). Is it even worth considering? Would Hermes accept it for "spa" considering that it's been dyed? Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Update: found an answer to the dye question "One caveat is that Hermes may reject a bag for service if it has been altered or serviced by a non-Hermes craftsman." Thanks castorny! Consider thread closed, thanks.

Dear authenticators,

I requested a few more pictures from the seller of this etoupe birkin. Would you please take a look again. I really appreciate all your help. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

Item: Hermes birkin 35 Etoupe TOGO GHW
Seller: little-miss-h
Item #: 251112611470
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ICONIC-NEW-...470?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3a777a5e8e

detail1.jpg

detail2.jpg
detail3.jpg
detail4.jpg
detail5.jpg
detail6.jpg
detail7.jpg

Wow....thank you so much for fast respond.....I report it to ebay about this problem but since I made the payment not with PayPal (Bank Wire) so they ask me to report again after I received the item, which is now almost 2weeks since I received the bag but I am on holiday at the moment until end of August so I cannot contact Ebay again for this matter (it's gonna cost me a lot of money for calling ebay customer line hik....)
Now hubby told me (he investigate himself that this seller have quiet good rate but she/he changes name on Ebay few times)
Please is anyone else have any suggestion to help me :sad: I can't really enjoy my holiday now with my family abroad cause of this case

Thank you again for helping, God bless you all

In certain circumstances, and I suspect criminal fraud may be one of them, bank wires can be reversed. You may need to first file a police report. In any event, contact your bank.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.