Approaching An Sa For A Birkin Question

You're right GF, it's not necessarily how much you spend. It's quite amazing there's no "sure" way of convincing your SA to offer you one. It's kind of like fate: when and where you could never guess hehe.. Mind you, I'm not complaining, our SA is such a charming lady. She was quite enthusiastic in offering a Kelly a couple of years ago and recently the Lindy though, just not that SO Birkin ;)

I still couldn't believe I manage to pick up a Birkin when I was in Geneva last year. I just walked in, ask one of the SAs and she initially said no, but I insisted and she went away and came back with one. I failed at London and Paris, so I'd never expect it to happen in Geneva!

Perhaps your SA can "sense" your desparation? Maybe they offer the more in demand bags to those who inquire with confidence, or those who walk in wearing an outfit that is "Birkin-worthy" (:P).

Perhaps your SA can "sense" your desparation? Maybe they offer the more in demand bags to those who inquire with confidence, or those who walk in wearing an outfit that is "Birkin-worthy" (:P).

Re: the "Birkin-worthy" outfit -- I always go in to the boutique with that in mind, sometimes wondering if I've achieved the level of "worthiness" required. LOL. It's all in my imagination though. I have been told by other Sydney tPFers that outfits don't have to be "birkin worthy" at all, and sometimes a jeans and thongs (flip-flops) outfit will get the Birkin offer.

As for the SA's "desperation detector" -- I think they are pretty good at detecting someone who just wants a Birkin.