Anyone falling for the "Not a Plastic Bag" craze?

Are you into the "Not A Platic Bag" craze?

• YES.. I have one & love it!

• I'd definately carry it if I could snag it for the LOW retail price

• I think I'd pay a pretty good amount for it on eBay, its a good message.

• Umm, are you crazy? I'd RATHER carry a plastic bag!

• Environmental messages need NOT turn into a crazy fashion trend.

• Huh? I'll take paper.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd probably pay SOMEWHAT more than $10. It's a new classic and a real craze, so it'd be a good investment. But NOT hundredS.

And IMHO it's not right to make this kind of bag and have it be limited. It doesn't raise more money if it goes to charity (5 lbs please and soo limited), and if the designers wanted people to use this instead of grocery bags, then it should be widely available - heck, it should be a permanent fixture.

The world, she's not right.

I do think I'm going to buy these A FEW CENTS bags on this site I saw through an ad though, then I'm going to sew cute swirly designs on them to jazz 'em up. I'd sell those for $5! LOL.

They could even say "Not animal hide, not plastic, not ridiculously expensive."

LOL!

But yeah I'm going to do that and seriously use them at the grocery store. And I WILL think about prettying them up and selling them.

Take that Anya. Ga-yeez!

(Ooh I should make and sell them soon to cash in on this, it'd be all BUZZy lol. :-P)

I definitely want one, at a decent price. It is a political statement, and it is also cool that Anya Hindmarch is making them. It is not enough to carry a tote when you go to the grocery store: better to make a political statement while people are still being lazy about using plastic bags. People need to wake up and smell the coffee about the environment. I say, good work Anya Hindmarch!!!

I have one, bought from the anya hindmarch website. it's not the most beautiful bag on earth, but cute enough to worth the $25 (including shipping) i've paid for it.

I'm currently waiting for mine to arrive :shame:

I got it directly via the We Are What We Do website and think it's rather cute. I'm planning to use it for grocery shopping or school depending how much I have to schlepp around :nuts:

I have plenty of cute tote bags, two from Angry Little Girls, one from Marshall Fields, so I am covered. I use all of my plastic store bags to pick up the doggy land mines from the backyard, and I use all of my paper bags to collect my paper recylables every week, so they all get at least one more use.

Well said! :biggrin:

Thanks Chloehandbags:yes:

UPDATE: I got mine during the week, and it is an okay size, not as big as i was expecting. I've used it twice at the supermarket and it probably carries the equivalent of 3 plastic bags of shopping- not a huge amount when I'm buying shopping for my husband and twin girls, but not bad. It is well made, robust and strong, and I like the colours and look of the bag.

A little part of me feels a wee bit embarrassed carrying it- with it being such a craze just now, but as I haven't seen anyone else where I live in Scotland with one, probably no-one here has even heard of it anyway. They will be available through sainsbury's soon and at that point the exclusivity factor will die. It is funny, there is something really odd about such an inexpensive bag being so hard to get/ desirable, it goes against all the normal bag laws!!!

Yeah, I don't get it. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it, that's for sure. And then, I'd only use it as a tote for my kids' things. It's just too ugly! :s

I posted this in the other thread. Not sure everyone saw it

Per Bag Snob

The bags will be available to pre-order online from May 1st with launch date on June 20th in all Anya Hindmarch stores as well as Fred Segal Flair & Ron Herman in LA. Holt Renfrew are also launching the bags through their stores from June 20th. This will be followed by the bags being launched in Whole Food Market stores in NJ, CT and NY in mid-July. Customers can pre-order the bag from May 7th at Anya's website.
Pre-order one today from one of the AH boutiques!!!
Anya Hindmarch, 118 South Robertson Blvd, LA 310-271-9707
Anya Hindmarch, 115 Greene St, NY 212-343-8147
Anya Hindmarch, 29 East 60th St, NY, 212-750-3974
Anya Hindmarch, Short Hills Mall, New Jersey, 973-379-7183