Anyone falling for the "Not a Plastic Bag" craze?

Are you into the "Not A Platic Bag" craze?

• YES.. I have one & love it!

• I'd definately carry it if I could snag it for the LOW retail price

• I think I'd pay a pretty good amount for it on eBay, its a good message.

• Umm, are you crazy? I'd RATHER carry a plastic bag!

• Environmental messages need NOT turn into a crazy fashion trend.

• Huh? I'll take paper.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really want one, but would never pay the ebay prices for it. I'm just hoping I can buy it from the source in the U.S. some time this year. I plan on actually using it for groceries, though, not as a handbag.

I would need to buy 10 of them if I was going to use it to cart groceries. With two kids and all their friends that are in and out of here all the time, especially during the summer, my grocery bill hits the high level.
I actually like the plastic grocery bags vs paper because I can slip two or three bags at a time over each arm when I lug all the bags into the house.

I could use it for pharmacy/drug store shopping I guess.

I would need to buy 10 of them if I was going to use it to cart groceries. With two kids and all their friends that are in and out of here all the time, especially during the summer, my grocery bill hits the high level.
I actually like the plastic grocery bags vs paper because I can slip two or three bags at a time over each arm when I lug all the bags into the house.

I could use it for pharmacy/drug store shopping I guess.

You should try ecobags! I have a couple of them, and they're great. They stretch out to carry quite a bit, too.

They're doing them again at the moment - I've just bought a new one :smile:

:yahoo: cool... i've always loved body shop, my friend met anita roddick once when she visited my friend's office (she's working at a institution defending women's rights), my friend is such a fans of her and istead of talking about the issues they were supposed to talk, she ended up nervous adn talked about how she liked teh powder adn the lipstick :roflmfao:

No need to pay hundreds of dollars when you could just make your own with a plain canvas tote and a fabric paint pen.

If calligraphy is not likely to be one of the things people think of upon hearing your name, there are even little alphabet stencils you can get, and like the plain tote and paint pen, they're cheap.

Those with the applicable issues and neuroses could embellish it with just about any kind of embellishment imaginable, almost all available for a dollar or two. For instance, I might probably imagine a black or gray canvas tote with gold letters and embellished with little pearls, rhinestones, or both, depending on how long ago I took my pill.

You couldn't move on Marylebone High Street yesterday for these bags - most seemed to be carrying one or even two of the eco-bags and working some serious high-end arm candy on the other side with a preponderance of Balenciaga and MJ Stams!

I think the idea is fabulous, but the environmentally conscious have been carrying either canvas or mesh bags with them for years. I carry a mesh one in my handbag for spur of the moment purchases, and then more of them in the car for trips to the grocer.

I won't buy one of these specifically, but the idea and the message is important.

I probably should buy several, given the fact that plastic bags are going to be banned in San Francisco in 6 months. The initiative just passed.

I love Anya Hindmarch Bags and am on the list for two when they arrive, but would never pay more than retail.
Right now I carry Trader Joes canvas bags when grocery shopping.
Yeah for San Francisco, hopefully we will be next in L.A.!