Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I haven't made any sales since January 3. I wonder if something has changed. I'm making plenty of sales on ebay, using the same listing pictures and descriptions.
I hadn't made any sales for months and months, but since January I made 1 sale (which took 2 weeks for the money to hit my available account and another week before I saw the transferred funds in my paypal) and a sort of another sale. PIA buyer wanted me to reduce my price by half because she had a credit in that amount. I told her the best I could do was a 25% reduction so she accepted that but said she had to wait to buy it until her "other" credit came through. If this was Ebay, I would have blocked her and I SHOULD have just raised the price back up but I didn't and she bought it. Of course, 2 days goes by and I didn't get an email from Tradesy but I just happened to log on and saw a pending sale so I confirmed - just in time before they cancelled. THEN I saw I had a message - which I also didn't get by email. Its from the PIA buyer who wants to now cancel the sale that I just confirmed. So aggravating. I told her to contact customer service and tell them because if sellers cancel too many sales it hurts their visibility and I would wait to ship a day to see if they cancel from their end. I told her if they don't cancel, then I'm going to ship it and she was just going to have to return it for a credit, which she would have probably done anyhow because it seems that's all she does is buy and return. Some people just have way too much time on their hands & no problem wasting other people's time.

Reactions: whateve
View attachment 4338619

They sent me this the other day! Worked for my co worker who did not get the email
I got this too - last time I bought anything was probably a year ago. I was going to send it to a customer who emailed me a question but she's not going to buy anyway. One of those idiots who wants to know "fabric content" and could she please see it on a "live model". LOL. I told her I don't employ models and I didn't know the fabric content. She said - well doesn't it have a label? I told her that I was sure it did but I could tell from her "model" question she was just wasting my time and not really interested in buying it so I wasn't going to pull it from my stock to find out what the fabric content was. Another PIA. Model it . REALLY! Probably some creepy man with a fetish pretending to be a woman.

I got this too - last time I bought anything was probably a year ago. I was going to send it to a customer who emailed me a question but she's not going to buy anyway. One of those idiots who wants to know "fabric content" and could she please see it on a "live model". LOL. I told her I don't employ models and I didn't know the fabric content. She said - well doesn't it have a label? I told her that I was sure it did but I could tell from her "model" question she was just wasting my time and not really interested in buying it so I wasn't going to pull it from my stock to find out what the fabric content was. Another PIA. Model it . REALLY! Probably some creepy man with a fetish pretending to be a woman.
I usually photograph the labels on clothing. I think fabric content is something that matters to some people. I try to avoid anything with wool since it is itchy.

I've had a few people ask me to model a purse. I'm terrible at taking selfies and I don't like to post pictures of myself, but I did it. They didn't buy it anyway.

Reactions: BeenBurned

Fabric content is a pretty legitimate question. I wouldn't purchase from someone who didn't list it, or photograph the label.

Thought I’d share this observation:

If anyone is planning to buy from CocoLuxury or LuxTradesy (same seller, two different closet names) you don’t have to wait for her to mark down her items to feel like you got a deal. Whatever price she listed the item originally, that’s the final price. During her “sale” she marks up the original price, then puts whatever % discount on the item to make it the same price prior to the sale.

I was interested in one of her items and hoped that it would get marked down a bit (I knew she ran sales). Guess there’s no sale price...

If anyone is planning to buy from CocoLuxury or LuxTradesy (same seller, two different closet names) you don’t have to wait for her to mark down her items to feel like you got a deal. Whatever price she listed the item originally, that’s the final price. During her “sale” she marks up the original price, then puts whatever % discount on the item to make it the same price prior to the sale.

I was interested in one of her items and hoped that it would get marked down a bit (I knew she ran sales). Guess there’s no sale price...
That's cheating!

I have noticed other pro sellers who does the same

That's cheating!

Yeah, she probably does that "sale" to get extra exposure from Tradesy

I have noticed other pro sellers who does the same

How do they even do that? Do business sellers have different account options? I thought Tradesy controls the timing of sales. Or can sellers control when their items are on sale? If I edit an item when it's in one of Tradesy's sales, there is a message that I can't increase the price during the sale.

Wow, real retailers (B&M stores) aren't allowed to do that! It's deceptive.

In order to offer a sale, items have to have sold at the "full" price.