Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Thanks! I haven't seen this ever. The last return I had was a sale from back in February. It doesn't say this. It still has the original tracking info. The item was returned to Tradesy and they resold it. The reason I knew it was returned is because the "your earnings" at the top of the sale is missing, and when I click on it, it shows in Tradesy's closet.
I wasn’t sure before but the blurb could be temporary only until they received the item back and then your normal tracking info is restored but it’s defo there. Best to check within the 4 day period when buyers can return.

Or maybe it’s different for me since I never use their shipping kits but this is how i can tell if something is being returned on my account.

Reactions: whateve
I just had money released on the 7th day. I have another that is on day 10 that hasn't been released. As far as I can tell, neither was returned. The money I transferred 10 days ago still hasn't hit Paypal.

Funny you should ask, I actually just rejoined it the other day! It's changed drastically from the last time I was on, back when it was still free a few years ago. I'm glad to see they kept a reasonable selling fee, especially considering how much they've invested seemingly in making it accessible.

The inability to list over a desktop was the main reason I never used posh or mercari much, but it does look like mercari is mimicking ebay in its interface. Despite all that, I was holding my breath on it for pricier items (nothing extreme), as I have no idea what kind of following it has (I found Heroine to be awful all around as far as finding buyers, even though my items sold elsewhere at higher prices). And I wasn't sure whether to expect the same kind of lowballing/excess of questions behavior that is typical of Poshmark.

I suppose by your prompt that you find Mercari to be a good ecommerce site? If so, that would be a great relief. I could see it becoming my go-to but I didn't want to get my hopes up too early.
I recently tried Mercari for the first time about September - October and was really annoyed because I only listed about 10, maybe 15 items just to get the feel for the website and to see how it worked out. I figured the best time to list anywhere is over Christmas shopping months of Oct - Jan. They claim you can list for free and the listings stay up until you take them down or they sell. LIE! I didn't sell anything in the first 30 days but I did get views and a few items had a bunch of likes. They took down all my listings and sent me an email that the listings were all removed because they didn't sell, but I could go back on and relist them or recommission them or whatever wording they used. I said the hell with that. #1 I didn't have time to play wack a mole with Mercari - listing items they take down then having to relist them but more important #2 it left me with a really bad flavor since they claim one thing - and apparently - do whatever they want, whenever they want. I decided that is too scary of a website to deal with and then I researched a little further and found it was a Japanese owned and based website so I said forget it. They could steal your money, take out whatever they wanted, and you couldn't even file a complaint in the US about them to try and recapture what they took. No thanks.

Reactions: lovieluvslux
I had one recent priority item take 12 days.
I had a Christmas present that I mailed to family on Dec 7th from USPS Sit - literally just sit - for 2 whole weeks somewhere - finally moved out Christmas eve and wasn't delivered until 4 days after Christmas. I was livid. I filed a complaint but the USPS could care less. They basically said it hadn't been scanned so they didn't know where the hold up was but these things happen. That's there answer. Oh well. These things happen? I think its time they fire the management and put the USPS under better oversight.
Oh and incase someone didn't realize - they are again INCREASING their DOMESTIC rates by a LOT on January 27th.

I recently tried Mercari for the first time about September - October and was really annoyed because I only listed about 10, maybe 15 items just to get the feel for the website and to see how it worked out. I figured the best time to list anywhere is over Christmas shopping months of Oct - Jan. They claim you can list for free and the listings stay up until you take them down or they sell. LIE! I didn't sell anything in the first 30 days but I did get views and a few items had a bunch of likes. They took down all my listings and sent me an email that the listings were all removed because they didn't sell, but I could go back on and relist them or recommission them or whatever wording they used. I said the hell with that. #1 I didn't have time to play wack a mole with Mercari - listing items they take down then having to relist them but more important #2 it left me with a really bad flavor since they claim one thing - and apparently - do whatever they want, whenever they want. I decided that is too scary of a website to deal with and then I researched a little further and found it was a Japanese owned and based website so I said forget it. They could steal your money, take out whatever they wanted, and you couldn't even file a complaint in the US about them to try and recapture what they took. No thanks.
I've never had anything taken down and I've had things up for a year. All I can think is that you must have had messages you didn't respond to. I've gotten my money promptly from every sale. If they are doing business in the US, you could definitely file a complaint if they absconded with your money. A lot of companies that operate in the US are foreign owned.

Reactions: BeenBurned
I logged into Tradesy right before I went to bed and found I had made a sale. I didn't get an email, not even after I confirmed it. I'm curious to see if I'll ever get one. Just a heads up, if you don't check often, you might miss one and have it cancelled.
That happened to me too and Tradesy wound up canceling 2 sales I had just because they didn't send me the email and I didn't even know I had a sale. I also didn't get a couple emails from people asking me questions about items or for lower prices. I got back to them as soon as I saw they'd messaged me, but it was by that time a few days later and they either weren't interested anymore (a lot of sales I think are impulse) or one lady said she bought something else instead since I never got back to her. I couldn't blame them but I did blame Tradesy. I sent them a complaint too and the guy was like oh I'll change your settings. Change my settings? I wrote back that he didn't have to try and placate me - I know full well there are no such settings. I told him it is clearly a systems glitch they ought to work on fixing because both Tradesy and the sellers are losing a lot of sales because of it. I just don't have time to log into sites every day to check what is happening. I rely on my email which I do check daily or at least every other day and expect my notifications to come through.

I've never had anything taken down and I've had things up for a year. All I can think is that you must have had messages you didn't respond to. I've gotten my money promptly from every sale. If they are doing business in the US, you could definitely file a complaint if they absconded with your money. A lot of companies that operate in the US are foreign owned.
Nope. There were o messages. Just likes from people so clearly the items were getting hits - they just hadn't sold right away.

I came here to ask if anyone ever had their items just disappear off Tradesy?
(But then got bogged down reading all the other interesting things on this forum)!
Anyhow, I sold a sweater on ebay and went to Tradesy to remove the listing but it wasn't there.
I KNOW I listed it there. I always list things first on Tradesy - because they are supposed to leave them posted until you take them down or they sell (like Mercari, but apparently - neither site can be trusted to do this). Then I post on Ebay. Ebay is usually only for 30 days & then mostly I either relist it or let it fall off if I have other things to list instead.
But then I always was able to go back to Tradesy for my "inventory" to see the stuff I still had that had fallen off Ebay. I'm not sure how long things stay in your Ebay unsold list before they disappear but I know they do disappear and its a pain because unless you do physical inventories of your stuff - you can't remember to relist.
That's something I really appreciated and relied on Tradesy for. Except I just TRUSTED that would be the case and never really kept track of things after listing it there.
Today I noticed - that item is gone but only because I was looking for it to remove it or I never would have discovered it gone.
It was not showing in my closet and I did a general search on the website and it still wasn't coming up. I never got an email saying they were removing it - and frankly - I can't imagine why they would - but it is gone. I mean, it sold on Ebay anyway but I am now wondering - how many other of my items do I THINK I have listing and looking to be sold have disappeared and really, are now just sitting in a box - not even being advertised for sale? Maybe it was yet another of Tradesy's software glitches but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows anything more about this than I do?

I came here to ask if anyone ever had their items just disappear off Tradesy?
(But then got bogged down reading all the other interesting things on this forum)!
Anyhow, I sold a sweater on ebay and went to Tradesy to remove the listing but it wasn't there.
I KNOW I listed it there. I always list things first on Tradesy - because they are supposed to leave them posted until you take them down or they sell (like Mercari, but apparently - neither site can be trusted to do this). Then I post on Ebay. Ebay is usually only for 30 days & then mostly I either relist it or let it fall off if I have other things to list instead.
But then I always was able to go back to Tradesy for my "inventory" to see the stuff I still had that had fallen off Ebay. I'm not sure how long things stay in your Ebay unsold list before they disappear but I know they do disappear and its a pain because unless you do physical inventories of your stuff - you can't remember to relist.
That's something I really appreciated and relied on Tradesy for. Except I just TRUSTED that would be the case and never really kept track of things after listing it there.
Today I noticed - that item is gone but only because I was looking for it to remove it or I never would have discovered it gone.
It was not showing in my closet and I did a general search on the website and it still wasn't coming up. I never got an email saying they were removing it - and frankly - I can't imagine why they would - but it is gone. I mean, it sold on Ebay anyway but I am now wondering - how many other of my items do I THINK I have listing and looking to be sold have disappeared and really, are now just sitting in a box - not even being advertised for sale? Maybe it was yet another of Tradesy's software glitches but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows anything more about this than I do?
I remember this happening a long time ago, maybe a year? I don't check everything I have listed to see if it stays listed, just the total number. I haven't noticed any listings missing for a long time.

Has anyone ever had Tradesy take back funds AFTER the funds have been released and you've already transferred out your earnings? I sold an item which was delivered on Dec 10th. The funds were released on Dec 22nd, and then soon after withdrawn. Today, 46 days after delivery, Tradesy sent me an email stating that my item was found to be not as described because I violated policy because I used only stock photos (brand new with tags item that I listed probably 2+ years ago, as I don't actually list on Tradesy for quite a long time now, because of the outrageous fees and poor sales and inconvenient listing steps as a large scale seller on ebay, and I do not think that there was any such rule at the time this was actually listed), and that the item is being sent back to me. Unfortunately I have pending earnings from another sale a week ago, which they just deducted this refund out of!

If their own rules state that the buyer must initiate a return in 4 days, and return the item within 10 from there, and that they process all returns within 7 days, how on earth is it now 46 days later and it's still permitted to return it? And why were my funds already released long ago if the buyer had a claim open in the proper amount of time? I am assuming I'm screwed and they will just hold my money and I am guessing I'm about to get back an item someone wore for a month and damaged

Has anyone ever had Tradesy take back funds AFTER the funds have been released and you've already transferred out your earnings? I sold an item which was delivered on Dec 10th. The funds were released on Dec 22nd, and then soon after withdrawn. Today, 46 days after delivery, Tradesy sent me an email stating that my item was found to be not as described because I violated policy because I used only stock photos (brand new with tags item that I listed probably 2+ years ago, as I don't actually list on Tradesy for quite a long time now, because of the outrageous fees and poor sales and inconvenient listing steps as a large scale seller on ebay, and I do not think that there was any such rule at the time this was actually listed), and that the item is being sent back to me. Unfortunately I have pending earnings from another sale a week ago, which they just deducted this refund out of!

If their own rules state that the buyer must initiate a return in 4 days, and return the item within 10 from there, and that they process all returns within 7 days, how on earth is it now 46 days later and it's still permitted to return it? And why were my funds already released long ago if the buyer had a claim open in the proper amount of time? I am assuming I'm screwed and they will just hold my money and I am guessing I'm about to get back an item someone wore for a month and damaged
I think this happened to me a long time ago. Not as much time had gone by. I think the money was released, and about a week later, it was taken back. The original transfer still hit my bank account. I had an outstanding sale and the money was taken out of that. They returned the bag to me, claiming not as described. When I got it back, it was in the same condition as I sent it, and there was nothing wrong with it. I don't know how someone was able to return outside of the 4 day window but I'm certain that Tradesy returned it to me because they didn't want to resell it themselves. I used the exact same description and pictures to list the bag on ebay and resold it.

1) once Tradesy has your banking or PayPal info, they can and will debit your accounts as others have said. 2) it’s the users’ responsibility to read TOS terms and changes when they’re updated, the fact that something wasn’t applicable at the time your listings went up is indefensible and ineffective (imagine the scowling you’d get from Judge Judy). 3) using your own photos is your own insurance policy when things go pear shaped as they clearly did. Even when something is new and photos seem repetitive or not worth the effort, guess what? They can and do serve your purpose in the long run. 4) with only generic photos taken by someone else, Tradesy has no way to determine a viable outcome except a full refund. How could they compare the original item against what the buyer received upon receipt or 30 days later without original photos as a baseline? Is it possible for buyers to abuse Tradesy’s return policy even when past 4 days? Absolute yes because your listing created a huge loophole for them to drive through it. PayPal has a 6 month return window for clawbacks.

You are your own agency, protect yourself with your own photos and even then selling on any secondary platform is still an uphill march but at least you got your own back.

Reactions: GemsBerry and EGBDF
. 3) using your own photos is your own insurance policy when things go pear shaped as they clearly did. Even when something is new and photos seem repetitive or not worth the effort, guess what? They can and do serve your purpose in the long run. 4) with only generic photos taken by someone else, Tradesy has no way to determine a viable outcome except a full refund. How could they compare the original item against what the buyer received upon receipt or 30 days later without original photos as a baseline?
And to add to what @jmc3007 said about using your own photos, I post another comment.

Not only is the buyer (and Tradesy) unable to determine true SNAD because they can't see the actual item but you are committing a much more serious violation - infringing on the intellectual property rights of the owner of those pictures.

Every site and every manufacturer has terminology that disallows unauthorized use of material on that site except for their own customer use. (By "customer use," they mean that they have pictures and descriptions so THEIR OWN customers know what they're buying.) It doesn't allow you to use those pictures for your own commercial purposes.

And in fact, in Tradesy's Terms of Service, under 7. Prohibited and Restricted Items and Activities,
they specifically state (among other rules):
"User Submissions and your use of Tradesy shall not:
  • infringe upon any third-party's rights, including any third party copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, privacy rights, moral rights or other proprietary rights"
And further down in #7, they state, "In the event of a replica or misrepresented listing, Tradesy will pull funds from the seller if the seller has already cashed out seller earnings from that sale."

And that's what happened to you.

Understand that a NWT item can still have a scratch, stain, discoloration, or other flaw or anomaly that had you shown your own images may have been visible. Or there may not have been any issues at all, but without your own pictures, there's no way to prove anything, including authenticity.

OMG, I had a sale over 10 days ago and the seller loves the item. They still have not released my funds and never respond to my emails. I did talk to them 5 days ago and they said there is no return request. I already knew that!! This buyer buys from me a lot. Then they lied when I called yesterday and they gave me this bs that they are having system problems with payouts!! BS!!! I hate tradesy.I want my $$$$