Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Here's a new one for me and wondered if anyone else has had this happen to them. I had shoes listed that were European sized. From their drop down menu, I indicated european and put in the size (39). They then populated it as a US size 9.5. The buyer notified me that while she loved the shoes, they are really a size 9. Tradesy is now returning them to me because they were not described accurately even though they populated the field with size 9.5 and I had the size EU39 in the description.

Here's a new one for me and wondered if anyone else has had this happen to them. I had shoes listed that were European sized. From their drop down menu, I indicated european and put in the size (39). They then populated it as a US size 9.5. The buyer notified me that while she loved the shoes, they are really a size 9. Tradesy is now returning them to me because they were not described accurately even though they populated the field with size 9.5 and I had the size EU39 in the description.
That’s total BS. I would fight that one if you had E.U. 39 in the description.

Reactions: GemsBerry
Of course I have received no response to my email to them questioning how they can do this. When they sent me the email saying that the shoes were being returned, it included tracking info so the shoes are all ready on the way back to me before I can even get in touch with them.

It makes no sense for them to convert EU 39 to US 9.5.

In most shoes styles, EU 39 is more like US 8-8.5.

Their conversion error caused you to have to accept a return!

I had them return something to me claiming it was not as described. It was as described; but you can't argue because by the time you hear about it, it is already on its way back to you.

I just noticed today that one of the items I sold in December is up for sale by Tradesy. It was still in my closet at the time my money was released and for quite awhile after that. They took new pictures that look terrible and raised the price.

Of course I have received no response to my email to them questioning how they can do this. When they sent me the email saying that the shoes were being returned, it included tracking info so the shoes are all ready on the way back to me before I can even get in touch with them.
I would still fight to send it back to them and get a credit. It sounds like a computer glitch because I have size EU 39 shoes listed on Tradesy and they convert them to a 9, not 9.5. It also lists both sizes --EU 39, approx US 9--on the listing.

Reactions: laurie00
I just noticed today that one of the items I sold in December is up for sale by Tradesy. It was still in my closet at the time my money was released and for quite awhile after that. They took new pictures that look terrible and raised the price.

I think at first they try to recoup their shipping costs--for the inbound return that they don't charge you or the buyer for--by raising the price. But then when they put the items on sale they appear to be losing money. I've seen that happen with items I have sold and had return to them.

Reactions: whateve
I would still fight to send it back to them and get a credit. It sounds like a computer glitch because I have size EU 39 shoes listed on Tradesy and they convert them to a 9, not 9.5. It also lists both sizes --EU 39, approx US 9--on the listing.
Thanks for the suggestion. I all ready got the shoes back and just not worth fighting with them on it but I will make sure to look at their size conversions in the future. There obviously was a problem with their algorithm when I listed the shoes. Lesson learned!