Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I do not recommend Tradesy. I had 2 completely different experiences.
My first purchase, I bought 2 different bags from 2 different sellers.
The first bag arrived really fast and it was in mint condition.
The second bag, which was a $400 Fendi never arrived. In fact the seller
Confirmed the purchase but didn’t ship. When I contacted the seller asking for estimate date, she told me she was swamped lately , and didnt have time to look into her closet for the original strap , also she didn’t let me know when she was planning to ship. So, I waited. And then I found something fishy about the strap. She said she didn’t use the original strap because it was short, and she couldn’t find the original strap. So I message again asking if the strap coming with the bag was the original. She never replied until I got really mad and wanted to cancel the order. So far I’ve spent $400 on nothing. No refunds received. The seller is pt28. Never buy from her.
My point is, you can get lucky and buy from a good seller. But if you are unlucky you spend a lot of time and money on nothing. Please take your business elsewhere:
1. There is no way to rate the seller ( so they can do whatever they want with your order) and treat you badly. They don’t really care.
2. Tradesy customer service is inexistent. So you have nowhere to complain, or ask for your rights as a buyer.
3. Tradesy never give full refund, they give you credit to spend on another item from the website.

Last edited:
Confirmed the purchase by didn’t ship. When I contacted the seller asking for estimate date, she told me she was swamped lately , and didn’t let me know when she was going to ship. So I waited. And then I found something fishy on the listing. She said she didn’t use the original strap because it was short. So I message again asking if the strap was original. She never replied until I got really mad and wanted to cancel the order - that she never shipped. So far I’ve spent $400 on nothing. No refunds received yet. The seller is pt28. Never buy from her.
My point is, you can get lucky and buy from a good seller. But if you are unlucky:
1. There is no way to rate the seller ( so they can do whatever they want with your order) and treat you badly. They don’t care.
2. Tradesy customer service is inexistent. So you have nowhere to complain. Or ask for your rights as a buyer.
3. Tradesy never give full refund, they give you credit to spend in the website.
I think in this case, since the seller never shipped, you will get a full refund, not a credit. It happened to me, and I got a refund. There is a rating of sellers but it isn't published. I think Tradesy uses it internally, and will eventually ban a seller if she screws up too much.

Has anyone had experience cancelling an order on tradesy? I purchased a bag on Friday from them but the seller is being very sketchy and can not answer basic questions about the bags authenticity. I want to cancel my order but the seller won’t answer any of my messages! I want my money back

I am now selling on Poshmark. 10000 times better. Sold an item and got paid quickly!

Poshmark ladies. Poshmark.

most of us crosspost to different sites / apps, so it's not the matter of choice. I use both, and ebay, and VC. Sales on Tradesy are still higher then on posh, and with no stupid lowball offers every hour

I've bought on Tradesy and on Poshmark. In my experience, Tradesy has more independent/niche brands than Poshmark does, but I may not have perfected the search technique. I do think Tradesy and Posh both need better searching capability. Seems like searching for a specific item/phrase doesn't really result in very good hits.

I don't know why Tradesy shows items that have sold, other than to compare prices. It just clutters up the results. Somehow it makes more sense to me on Posh to see the sold items, as it gives a sense of the seller's closet over time. What bugs me about Posh is the Twitter-like conversation in the margin - much of which is not directly tied to the product itself. I'm also amazed how much personal information/contact information people share on there.

I do like being able to see when the seller was last seen on the site (Posh does this, not sure if Tradesy does). That gives me a sense of how closely they may be checking the listings, but then again, a lot of this may be managed on an app and so maybe sellers get notified that way.

I guess I'm not very up to date on this stuff!

Last edited:
Don’t care. Still better than Tradesy IMO.
I have been using both for about 1.5 years now and have sold a decent number of items on both, but many more expensive high end items on Tradesy. There is a just a higher paying clientele on Tradesy. I'd much rather have the items sell on posh due to the faster payouts, but it is what it is. I want the items sold either way, which is why I continue to use Tradesy.

Confirmed the purchase but didn’t ship. When I contacted the seller asking for estimate date, she told me she was swamped lately , and didnt have time to look into her closet for the original strap , also she didn’t let me know when she was planning to ship. So, I waited. And then I found something fishy about the strap. She said she didn’t use the original strap because it was short, and she couldn’t find the original strap. So I message again asking if the strap coming with the bag was the original. She never replied until I got really mad and wanted to cancel the order. So far I’ve spent $400 on nothing. No refunds received. The seller is pt28. Never buy from her.
My point is, you can get lucky and buy from a good seller. But if you are unlucky you spend a lot of time and money on nothing. Please take your business elsewhere:
1. There is no way to rate the seller ( so they can do whatever they want with your order) and treat you badly. They don’t really care.
2. Tradesy customer service is inexistent. So you have nowhere to complain, or ask for your rights as a buyer.
3. Tradesy never give full refund, they give you credit to spend on another item from the website.
You can cancel the order through your account if it doesn't ship within 10 days, and then you'll get a refund. Did you cancel it?

Reactions: whateve
I have been using both for about 1.5 years now and have sold a decent number of items on both, but many more expensive high end items on Tradesy. There is a just a higher paying clientele on Tradesy. I'd much rather have the items sell on posh due to the faster payouts, but it is what it is. I want the items sold either way, which is why I continue to use Tradesy.

Thats fine.

I’m never going back to Tradesy.

Stupid Tradesy just re-released the money they mistakenly released last week. It just made it to paypal yesterday, then they released 4 other sales yesterday and deducted the money for this sale from those. Now it is released again, just one day later, so I have to wait another 10 days for it to reach paypal again!
that's new. as long as they don't put their hands into your pocket in between these releases and reversals it can be considered as a glitch. but if they "reverse" payment that didn't hit your PP yet, I would be worried.

Reactions: whateve
Has anyone had experience cancelling an order on tradesy? I purchased a bag on Friday from them but the seller is being very sketchy and can not answer basic questions about the bags authenticity. I want to cancel my order but the seller won’t answer any of my messages! I want my money back
You should have asked BEFORE you bought it - NOT after. Seller is under no obligation to cancel the sale. I have cancelled before when a buyer asked me to because they realized they ordered the wrong size but I hadn't pulled the item to ready it for shipping so it was no big deal although to Tradesy it was a bump on my record because if a seller cancels too many sales- they can get their account suspended so sellers don't like having to cancel. If the seller isn't responding - they are probably pissed you didn't ask your questions BEFORE you bought it and don't want to cancel. If they ship and you really don't want it - you will have to return it to Tradesy for a site credit. If they think it really is a fake, you might be offered your money back.