Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

No kidding. I sold an LV awhile back to a first time LV buyer. It was a 2005 monogram speedy bag. She was convinced it was fake. I could not believe it. It was REAL and had the proper date code, stitching, leather smell, everything. It was sooo cute and I sold it to her at a great price. I was really upset that she didn't do her homework BEFORE purchasing. I won though in the end and Tradesy got rid of her. I'm not sure what they did with the bag because I never saw the listing again. It doesn't even show in my sales. Speaking of that, I have a few purses that I sold missing from my sales. Hey, as long as I get to keep my money, right?

That's the good thing about Tradesy, at least they listen to both sides. Even if she returns you don't need to deal with it. I had a listing missing last week, a return that went from tradesy closet to my removed items and its still sitting there (but now it has tradesy description). Weird, but I did get paid :amuse:

Meanwhile a woman from Wednesday already messaged me saying "I wish to cancel my sale, I changed my mind". :doh:

I'd just ignore messages like those pesky buyers who are constantly MIA once you lowered your price, and ship the purchase. Tell her that sorry but the parcel has already been picked up, and best for her to sort it out with Tradesy. Who would know anyway, most buyers don't really truly understand how the process should work so play it to your advantage.

I'd just ignore messages like those pesky buyers who are constantly MIA once you lowered your price, and ship the purchase. Tell her that sorry but the parcel has already been picked up, and best for her to sort it out with Tradesy. Who would know anyway, most buyers don't really truly understand how the process should work so play it to your advantage.

very true. I will reply to her with a tracking number. I just need the damn sale notification first lol

thanks! I know, I just wanted private authentication, but I already posted the shoes to those thread and the shoes are fake as I thought:sad: (purchased not on Tradesy though, from offline consignment store)

returning to those Valentino, they appeared to be real, 2 other independent authenticators and Lollipuff confirmed it.. the worst thing is that I'm gonna sell them and can't remove my post from Valentino thread with wrong opinion of PF authenticator and any buyer can see it and question authenticity of my Valentino:sad: so sad

returning to those Valentino, they appeared to be real, 2 other independent authenticators and Lollipuff confirmed it.. the worst thing is that I'm gonna sell them and can't remove my post from Valentino thread with wrong opinion of PF authenticator and any buyer can see it and question authenticity of my Valentino:sad: so sad
Can't you put a link to the paid authentications in the listing
tPF authentications are opinions only and not accepted as evidence in a dispute

I know this is an Ebay thing...but this story is tooo good to not share. and hopefully it will help alert people to be more cautious of who they are buying from. I'm still going through this return too. I am new to Ebay by the way, so call me ignorant.

So, I bought a purse on Ebay a MONTH back, cute Louis Vuitton Patent Black Alma. Great deal. Seller lived in New York, her name was Chelsea and she said she was shipping USPS. This was all gathered by the original posting.

Anyways, after purchasing, the seller marked the item as shipped and I anxiously looked at the tracking number to see when I would receive this beauty. BAM, it was being shipped from HONG KONG and not through USPS. My heart dropped. I knew something weird was going on after seeing that, but still had hope. I messaged the seller and she said she was on a trip in Hong Kong and shipped it from there. Hmmmmm. So I waited over a week to get the package and UGH, it was soooo yucky fake. Reeked of plastic and just a horrible copy of a Louis Vuitton Alma. I immediately opened a return case and was livid at the seller. It took her a few days to respond and she wrote back saying it's a beautiful purse and offered me a 50% discount. I said no. Then she said 60%. I still said no. THEN she sent me a paypal partial refund offer as if me saying NO three times wasn't clear enough. I declined. I told her if you do not give me a refund now, I will bring Ebay into this. This whole ordeal took about a week to get me a return shipping label.

From there, she sent me a shipping label to send back the purse. It was to a "Nancy" in New York. I wondered how this worked and if she had just bought a fake bag from HK and had it shipped to me so she could try to fool me and make money off of me.

I immediately dropped the purse off at the post office and awaited delivery. It was marked two days later as "attempted to deliver." I wrote the seller to pick up the damn thing so I can get my return. Of course, I said it nicer, but still. No response from the seller. A WEEK later, it was marked as delivered. Finally she picked it up!! Cool, now I wait for my refund. Ebay said I have to wait up to 6 business days from delivery to give seller a chance to refund me. (By the way I spoke to Ebay several times throughout this whole ordeal and they were adamant about their policy and weren't willing to issue me a refund until the right time had passed. I guess legal stuff)

This is where it gets good. Today, I get a weird message on Facebook from this lady (the same lady on the return label) and she wrote: "Hi. This may seem strange to you but I received a package today and it had your name on it as the return address. I don't know if you are the same (my name here) that is listed on the package but it is a purse. Looks like someone bought it off of eBay and sent it to me. If this is you could you please tell me who the sender is. I have no idea who have sent this."

If you haven't put it together, this seller on Ebay, whose ID name was Chelsea and return address name was Nancy sold me a fake purse in hopes of fooling me and making money off of me, and then had me return this raunchy fake to a RANDOM butt address in hopes that no one would claim it.

I just started laughing because what else can I do at this moment? This seller on Ebay was a complete SCAM and has seriously made me jump through loops to get my money back. I called Ebay and told them what happened and they were shocked too. I even tried to get them to refund my money, but nope, they said I still have to wait till next Wednesday. Even though someone who is NOT the seller has the purse now. WHAT is super creepy, is how they got this random girls name and address and used it as their own. To get an address is one thing, but to get their name too?? How does that work??

oh and the real Nancy who lives in NY, who was dragged into this scam is freaked out that someone got her address with her name!! I told her to do us all a favor and burn the bag. At least, she was nice enough to be a good citizen and reach out to me and ask me what is going on. Or maybe she thought someone sent her a present. haha.

I know this is an Ebay thing...but this story is tooo good to not share. and hopefully it will help alert people to be more cautious of who they are buying from. I'm still going through this return too. I am new to Ebay by the way, so call me ignorant.

So, I bought a purse on Ebay a MONTH back, cute Louis Vuitton Patent Black Alma. Great deal. Seller lived in New York, her name was Chelsea and she said she was shipping USPS. This was all gathered by the original posting.

Anyways, after purchasing, the seller marked the item as shipped and I anxiously looked at the tracking number to see when I would receive this beauty. BAM, it was being shipped from HONG KONG and not through USPS. My heart dropped. I knew something weird was going on after seeing that, but still had hope. I messaged the seller and she said she was on a trip in Hong Kong and shipped it from there. Hmmmmm. So I waited over a week to get the package and UGH, it was soooo yucky fake. Reeked of plastic and just a horrible copy of a Louis Vuitton Alma. I immediately opened a return case and was livid at the seller. It took her a few days to respond and she wrote back saying it's a beautiful purse and offered me a 50% discount. I said no. Then she said 60%. I still said no. THEN she sent me a paypal partial refund offer as if me saying NO three times wasn't clear enough. I declined. I told her if you do not give me a refund now, I will bring Ebay into this. This whole ordeal took about a week to get me a return shipping label.

From there, she sent me a shipping label to send back the purse. It was to a "Nancy" in New York. I wondered how this worked and if she had just bought a fake bag from HK and had it shipped to me so she could try to fool me and make money off of me.

I immediately dropped the purse off at the post office and awaited delivery. It was marked two days later as "attempted to deliver." I wrote the seller to pick up the damn thing so I can get my return. Of course, I said it nicer, but still. No response from the seller. A WEEK later, it was marked as delivered. Finally she picked it up!! Cool, now I wait for my refund. Ebay said I have to wait up to 6 business days from delivery to give seller a chance to refund me. (By the way I spoke to Ebay several times throughout this whole ordeal and they were adamant about their policy and weren't willing to issue me a refund until the right time had passed. I guess legal stuff)

This is where it gets good. Today, I get a weird message on Facebook from this lady (the same lady on the return label) and she wrote: "Hi. This may seem strange to you but I received a package today and it had your name on it as the return address. I don't know if you are the same (my name here) that is listed on the package but it is a purse. Looks like someone bought it off of eBay and sent it to me. If this is you could you please tell me who the sender is. I have no idea who have sent this."

If you haven't put it together, this seller on Ebay, whose ID name was Chelsea and return address name was Nancy sold me a fake purse in hopes of fooling me and making money off of me, and then had me return this raunchy fake to a RANDOM butt address in hopes that no one would claim it.

I just started laughing because what else can I do at this moment? This seller on Ebay was a complete SCAM and has seriously made me jump through loops to get my money back. I called Ebay and told them what happened and they were shocked too. I even tried to get them to refund my money, but nope, they said I still have to wait till next Wednesday. Even though someone who is NOT the seller has the purse now. WHAT is super creepy, is how they got this random girls name and address and used it as their own. To get an address is one thing, but to get their name too?? How does that work??

oh and the real Nancy who lives in NY, who was dragged into this scam is freaked out that someone got her address with her name!! I told her to do us all a favor and burn the bag. At least, she was nice enough to be a good citizen and reach out to me and ask me what is going on. Or maybe she thought someone sent her a present. haha.

wow I feel like I've just read s book or film script
she could just refund you and tell you to keep the bag but she preferred to choose more complicated way
I am sure you'll get refunded, so no worries here. even if she already transferred all the money out of her PP by now, they will still pay you

*snip*

From there, she sent me a shipping label to send back the purse. It was to a "Nancy" in New York.

*snip*

A WEEK later, it was marked as delivered. Finally she picked it up!! Cool, now I wait for my refund. Ebay said I have to wait up to 6 business days from delivery to give seller a chance to refund me.

*snip*

then had me return this raunchy fake to a RANDOM butt address in hopes that no one would claim it.

*snip*

Even though someone who is NOT the seller has the purse now. WHAT is super creepy, is how they got this random girls name and address and used it as their own. To get an address is one thing, but to get their name too?? How does that work??

I have several comments, none of which will be good for you.

The seller is certainly a scammer. There's no doubt about that.

But having you ship to an address that's not her address on ebay or paypal record might cost you the case. (Where is your seller located? What state?) I'm concerned that if she claims non-receipt but tracking shows delivery to a zip code other than her own, you'll be stuck.

For this reason, I sure hope you funded the payment with a credit card because for the wrong shipping address, I'm not sure you'll win the dispute unless ebay sees a pattern in the seller's behavior.

Next, regarding Nancy who is freaking out about her name and address being "known," she's unnecessarily worried. Without knowing Nancy's last name, I'm guessing that it's not an uncommon name and the seller probably googled (for examplar purposes) "Nancy Smith, Albany, NY" and used that name and address as the shipping address.

It's amazing what you can find on Google if you know where and how to look for it. And anyone can find it in a search. For something like this, there's no identity theft or anything else "illegal" other than your seller wanting to stick it to you.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
I have several comments, none of which will be good for you.

The seller is certainly a scammer. There's no doubt about that.

But having you ship to an address that's not her address on ebay or paypal record might cost you the case. (Where is your seller located? What state?) I'm concerned that if she claims non-receipt but tracking shows delivery to a zip code other than her own, you'll be stuck.

For this reason, I sure hope you funded the payment with a credit card because for the wrong shipping address, I'm not sure you'll win the dispute unless ebay sees a pattern in the seller's behavior.

Next, regarding Nancy who is freaking out about her name and address being "known," she's unnecessarily worried. Without knowing Nancy's last name, I'm guessing that it's not an uncommon name and the seller probably googled (for examplar purposes) "Nancy Smith, Albany, NY" and used that name and address as the shipping address.

It's amazing what you can find on Google if you know where and how to look for it. And anyone can find it in a search. For something like this, there's no identity theft or anything else "illegal" other than your seller wanting to stick it to you.

even if seller sent those return label through return case? it's not like those buyers who ask to change the address manually. to create return label to this address seller had to put those address to her ebay settings first, and is it even possible to change it after the purchase is made?

Beenburned, I replied in red. :smile:

But having you ship to an address that's not her address on ebay or paypal record might cost you the case. (Where is your seller located? What state?) I'm concerned that if she claims non-receipt but tracking shows delivery to a zip code other than her own, you'll be stuck. the seller created the shipping label herself and said, on the label, her name was "Nancy Bxxxxx" I'm not saying her full name for security reasons. The real Nancy in New York reached out to me via FB and said she got a purse and doesn't know why. Which tells me the scammer on Ebay is just using a random address and name and saying it is her address, when really the seller is living in Hong Kong and trying to scam buyers with fakes. She couldn't return the bag to Hong Kong or wherever this scammer lives probably because her fake address was used on Ebay for return purposes.

For this reason, I sure hope you funded the payment with a credit card because for the wrong shipping address, I'm not sure you'll win the dispute unless ebay sees a pattern in the seller's behavior. I sure did. AND I shouldn't be punished for returning a bag to an address that the SELLER provided me. The shipping label was pre created and all I did was print it out. That is her problem, I returned it to the address provided by her. Ebay also said this was a first time seller and the money I paid has not been issued to the seller. New sellers will have a hold on their money until 21 days pass and everything is cleared. In this case, it wasn't cleared because I requested a return. So, technically Ebay has my money since Ebay has not released the money to the seller.

Next, regarding Nancy who is freaking out about her name and address being "known," she's unnecessarily worried. Without knowing Nancy's last name, I'm guessing that it's not an uncommon name and the seller probably googled (for examplar purposes) "Nancy Smith, Albany, NY" and used that name and address as the shipping address. They gave me Nancy's full name, I just didn't mention it here because I don't think that it is right to say her full name. Nancy's full name was uncommon, it's a long last name, not Smith. haha

even if seller sent those return label through return case? it's not like those buyers who ask to change the address manually. to create return label to this address seller had to put those address to her ebay settings first, and is it even possible to change it after the purchase is made?

Exactly. I shipped using the return label the seller provided to me. It is sellers responsibility to update their address if they move. But still, she used someone else's name, so in my case, this seller was a total scammer. I could see sending back a return and USPS marking it as "undeliverable" because the address had someone's name on it that doesn't live there anymore. But that isn't the case.

Exactly. I shipped using the return label the seller provided to me. It is sellers responsibility to update their address if they move. But still, she used someone else's name, so in my case, this seller was a total scammer. I could see sending back a return and USPS marking it as "undeliverable" because the address had someone's name on it that doesn't live there anymore. But that isn't the case.

btw what if those Nancy is her conspirator? if her name is very uncommon it really stinks