Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

She asked specifically for the reduction, and I sent her a message telling her I had reduced the price, so she should have known as soon as she received the message. This is why I worry that potential buyers aren't getting my messages.
it's had to miss this info, sometimes it takes some time for customers to put $$ together.

Question, is it common for buyers not to speak with any of their sellers? I just sold my last two items on Tradesy and messaged a little thank you note. No one replied. Not that it really bothered me, but in my earlier sales the buyers would say thanks or something along the lines of that.

I'm also pretty nervous about this last sale I just did; she is getting the bag today. It was a very expensive sale (over $1K), and I'm just hoping nothing messes up... :shocked:

yes, many of them don's answer even if you ask something important. i find it weird too. I think for most buyers it's like purchasing from online store, not from some specific sellers

Reactions: bernz84
Rant*:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:
Even though tradesy has been SO slow this month, I learned how to appreciate it today after my phone call with ebay CS.
I try no to sell on ebay, only when it's something that I've had for months not sell anywhere else. In this case it was a small $190 vintage LV bag. First buyer makes an offer, I accept, and I don't hear back for a week. I finally relist and she messages me back a week later saying she made a bunch of offers, forgot about them, and already bought something else. ok whatever. I already know how long it will take for ebay to "make her" buy so i move on.
Next buyer gets the bag, and right away she opens a return request (even though I don't accept returns), claiming item not as described and writing "missing paperwork". NOWHERE in the listing did it say paperwork was included! she then says "All LV bags have date code and yours doesn't so it cant be real. I reply saying It actually has a date code (bag is from early 1990s) and tell her where to look for it. I also say that fyi, bags prior to 1980s have no codes. She then sends me a TWO paragraph nasty message how I sell fake items, how they all must have leather tab date codes, how all her bags have receipts and how she will leave me a horrible review. So, so nasty.
I call ebay (after reading a tons of reviews how they ALWAYS side with the buyer) and of course they tell me to just go ahead and PAY for her return label because they want their buyers to always be happy. (!!!!) to add to that, they then say I will have NO WAY of leaving her a bad review!!!! They say without the proper paperwork they can not authenticate. If I choose to escalate the matter she can go through paypal and win either way (and my funds can be held up until May). I could not believe they still treat their sellers like that.
NOTHING makes me more mad than online buyers who have NO CLUE about authentic brands and have no idea what the heck they're even buying :annoyed::annoyed:

that's terrible:sad: hope she will return the same bag in same condition. fingers crossed

that's terrible:sad: hope she will return the same bag in same condition. fingers crossed

ugh I didn't even think about that. I will definitely videotape opening of the package. Crazy because it's so much stress and time over $190 item (that I'm actually loosing money on at this point) and meanwhile I have Chanel and hermes buyers that never act like that. Makes me want to stay away from the more affordable items.

Reactions: GemsBerry
ugh I didn't even think about that. I will definitely videotape opening of the package. Crazy because it's so much stress and time over $190 item (that I'm actually loosing money on at this point) and meanwhile I have Chanel and hermes buyers that never act like that. Makes me want to stay away from the more affordable items.
Unfortunately, I think this is very common with newbie LV buyers.

Honestly, I'm just so glad I've offloaded the majority of my LV because I don't want to deal with the resale down the line. They are probably some of the worst buyers I've come across. Not to mention I am just done with the brand in general.

Honestly, I'm just so glad I've offloaded the majority of my LV because I don't want to deal with the resale down the line. They are probably some of the worst buyers I've come across. Not to mention I am just done with the brand in general.

Very true. They really expect a new item in a box with a receipt for $190!! I can not stand the "it has no receipt so it's not real" mentality. People with zero knowledge of the brand should just stick to buying in stores. This is why I always make sure to report buyers that sell fake items- they ruin it for all us honest sellers! So many paranoid clueless LV buyers out there, but this is by far my worst one. She is nasty and absolutely convinced she's right.

Very true. They really expect a new item in a box with a receipt for $190!! I can not stand the "it has no receipt so it's not real" mentality. People with zero knowledge of the brand should just stick to buying in stores. This is why I always make sure to report buyers that sell fake items- they ruin it for all us honest sellers! So many paranoid clueless LV buyers out there, but this is by far my worst one. She is nasty and absolutely convinced she's right.
Yep!!! Had one of these last year. Worst buyer ever, questioned the authenticity and asked for a dustbag and tags (even though I explicitly stated there wasn't any on my listing!), but never requested a return, thankfully. I've corresponded with a couple of these LV newbie "fanatics", and while I'm happy to answer questions or concerns, I can kinda feel out that they'd be potential problem makers.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some really, really lovely buyers; one buyer was brand new to LV but she was just the sweetest, gracious woman ever. My favorite transaction by far (and on Tradesy)! But some of them are downright pushy and rude and expect perfection on top of a bargain price. Umm, sure. If you want perfection, go to the boutique and pay retail. If you want the option to return, buy at Fashionphile or Yoogi's, don't buy from a private seller like me.

I've NEVER had this issue when I've sold off my Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Gucci, and Prada. Just LV newbies. :cursing:

Someone just asked me to match the price of the same item on ebay. The item I'm supposed to match is my own ebay listing!
I explain about fees, and then they go "what's your best price on PayPal?"...

Rant*:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:
Even though tradesy has been SO slow this month, I learned how to appreciate it today after my phone call with ebay CS.
I try no to sell on ebay, only when it's something that I've had for months not sell anywhere else. In this case it was a small $190 vintage LV bag. First buyer makes an offer, I accept, and I don't hear back for a week. I finally relist and she messages me back a week later saying she made a bunch of offers, forgot about them, and already bought something else. ok whatever. I already know how long it will take for ebay to "make her" buy so i move on.
Next buyer gets the bag, and right away she opens a return request (even though I don't accept returns), claiming item not as described and writing "missing paperwork". NOWHERE in the listing did it say paperwork was included! she then says "All LV bags have date code and yours doesn't so it cant be real. I reply saying It actually has a date code (bag is from early 1990s) and tell her where to look for it. I also say that fyi, bags prior to 1980s have no codes. She then sends me a TWO paragraph nasty message how I sell fake items, how they all must have leather tab date codes, how all her bags have receipts and how she will leave me a horrible review. So, so nasty.
I call ebay (after reading a tons of reviews how they ALWAYS side with the buyer) and of course they tell me to just go ahead and PAY for her return label because they want their buyers to always be happy. (!!!!) to add to that, they then say I will have NO WAY of leaving her a bad review!!!! They say without the proper paperwork they can not authenticate. If I choose to escalate the matter she can go through paypal and win either way (and my funds can be held up until May). I could not believe they still treat their sellers like that.
NOTHING makes me more mad than online buyers who have NO CLUE about authentic brands and have no idea what the heck they're even buying :annoyed::annoyed:
Sorry to hear that. I took return on eBay too bec buyer didn't know that Small is not Micro and opened SNAD (though measurements, pics and description were very accurate). I don't take returns, but I opted to accept it. I figured it's better to get back the bag intact rather than both loose money and get the bag deliberately damaged. eBay was like why did you take it back (they wanted to charge 10% fees, and she filed via PayPal)? because you guys will push me to accept it anyway and will refund her upon delivery, even if it's empty box.

Reactions: domifreaka

No kidding. I sold an LV awhile back to a first time LV buyer. It was a 2005 monogram speedy bag. She was convinced it was fake. I could not believe it. It was REAL and had the proper date code, stitching, leather smell, everything. It was sooo cute and I sold it to her at a great price. I was really upset that she didn't do her homework BEFORE purchasing. I won though in the end and Tradesy got rid of her. I'm not sure what they did with the bag because I never saw the listing again. It doesn't even show in my sales. Speaking of that, I have a few purses that I sold missing from my sales. Hey, as long as I get to keep my money, right?

Yep, and it was like this awhile ago. when I sold an item and my funds were released on 4th day after delivery to the forwarder, but Tradesy changes things all the time (aka holds funds as long as possible now).

I see, thank you for the info. I wonder if it's different between Canada and Middle East where my potential buyer is located. It can take weeks for delivery and customs clearance. I'd rather not reduce price, too mush waiting time.

I just wanna say that I live in the middle east and I have a forwarding mailbox in NYC. When i buy something from ebay and it delivered to my mailbox/forward account, it counts as a delivery. You don't need to wait for the package deliveries to the buyer in her country.

I think it is a risk if someone would buy expensive item and ship it to a forwarding address. I used to fo that before, but not anymore. I buy from online stores like sakes , NM, farfeatch(!) and they alll have a fast delivery with DHL to my country...

I explain about fees, and then they go "what's your best price on PayPal?"...

Sorry to hear that. I took return on eBay too bec buyer didn't know that Small is not Micro and opened SNAD (though measurements, pics and description were very accurate). I don't take returns, but I opted to accept it. I figured it's better to get back the bag intact rather than both loose money and get the bag deliberately damaged. eBay was like why did you take it back (they wanted to charge 10% fees, and she filed via PayPal)? because you guys will push me to accept it anyway and will refund her upon delivery, even if it's empty box.

Next time I'll just accept the return as well. Right now I wasted about 30mins going back and forth trying to educate this woman on a brand and at the end of the day I'm stuck with a return anyway and of course I need to pay for her return shipping. Plus, she already said she will leave me a horrible review due to what she described as "lack of professionalism and poor experteese" lol :shocked:

I sold two bags on Wednesday and one overnight and NO sale notifications for any of them yet...they seem to be taking so long lately. Anyone had that happen this week? I wonder if they will actually go though.

Meanwhile a woman from Wednesday already messaged me saying "I wish to cancel my sale, I changed my mind". :doh: