Anyone Concerned About Price Increases...

i noticed while looking through the new catalog that all the bags I want are out of my price range. Heck, the lesser expensive ones were out of my price range when I first started buying coach though. I figure it's ok IF they continue to UP the quality of the bags as well. Also, I won't be buying AS MUCH, but I will be utilizing the PCE and other discounts I can get my hands on, including eBay.

CitCat, I agree. I like the fact that Coach is considered higher end, but at a much reasonable price then other brands (LV, Chanel, etc.) When the prices go higher it makes me consider changing brands, unless they come out with something I completely love.

When I started collecting Coach years ago, I would buy the smaller demis in the $150 range since they were affordable for a graduate student. Any bigger bags came from the outlet or ebay.

Somehow in just a couple of years I'm finding myself plunking down $459, $498, etc for bags! That's quite a jump. I remember when comprable bags were in the 298-398 range. I think that's very reasonable.

Honestly when a bag gets over the $500.00, I'm going to spend that $$ on an LV, not a Coach, even though I love Coach.

This is an interesting perspective, maybe one of the SA's can get the message into Coach corporate. Because it does seem that they are developing a higher end line, and the higher end stuff may be inaccessible to Coach's most loyal customer base, and not of much interest to people with the disposable income to go to a premier designer brand.

It isn't what the market in general is seeking from Coach.

(Also, did anyone look at the Maude XL ergo tote? Not only was it enormous, but it was plain plain plain. If I spend $1000 on a bag, i don't want it to just be big. I want it to be awesome. Quality over quantity, peeps!)

I just can't justify spending over $500 for a Coach. I would say that patchwork Carly for $398.00 is my own personal threshhold price wise for Coach. Kind of like Dooney, no way am I buying a Dooney for over $200.00.
As far as LV, would I shell out the $1900.00 for the MC LV Speedy in white? Absolutely, I know that I would have it forever...as I kept my first LV bag for 20+ years before finally getting rid of it. But $500.00 for a Coach? No, especially when they have outlets. I think it's a totally different story when you compare bags that don't have outlet stores (like LV, Chanel, etc.) versus bags like Coach and Dooney, where we all pick up some great deals from time to time.

This is an interesting perspective, maybe one of the SA's can get the message into Coach corporate. Because it does seem that they are developing a higher end line, and the higher end stuff may be inaccessible to Coach's most loyal customer base, and not of much interest to people with the disposable income to go to a premier designer brand.

It isn't what the market in general is seeking from Coach.

(Also, did anyone look at the Maude XL ergo tote? Not only was it enormous, but it was plain plain plain. If I spend $1000 on a bag, i don't want it to just be big. I want it to be awesome. Quality over quantity, peeps!)
My dad and I were talking about this issue with Coach (he's in the securities business and has been watching the Coach stock). Apparently, there was some article in the Wall Street Journal about Coach and their price increases and trying to balance it all out. I don't know how Coach thinks they can be all things to all buyers if you know what I mean. Personally, it seems like they are trying to appeal to all women and I don't know if that's going to work.

And I think that new black thing with all the turnlocks down the front of it in the new catalog was over $1100...WTF?:wtf:

I'm concerned.
What realy made me notice was when Angie posted her clay shoulder bag which really looks like the size of the shoulder zip and is 448!
I went back and looked through the catalog and realized everything was going up and sh*ts still made in china.

CitCat, I agree. I like the fact that Coach is considered higher end.

I've had people, including friends and family, smirk when Coach is referred to as a high end brand.
I agree, it's not really high end.

Someone here posted it and I can't remember who to give them credit, but they said Coach is on the low end of the high end spectrum. That sums it up pretty well to me.

I'm just worried that they're going to alienate their most loyal customer base. I live close to an awesome outlet and definitely will spend more time there than at the boutique. I LOVE some of Coach's leather and have spent some money recently on pieces I think will last for several years and are more stylish than trendy.

I was looking at the Coach stock, too, and worry that they're going to do more harm than good with this new strategy.

I love my Ali, Ergo and Slim Tote and feel that I got some beautiful bags at fairly reasonable prices (considering how long I intend to own them), but don't see myself adding to my collection much going forward.

It just seems to be getting too excessive....