anyone buy balenciaga from nordstrom? read this...

Barbara actually asked me if I wanted to be in the card file: she said it was easier to take orders over the phone that way, since the Sac store is the only Nordies that sales Balenciagas.

ALSO!

They have a new policy that you can not return the Balenciaga's to *any other store*. Sac will send a call tag to pick them up from your house.

But if you want to take them to your local Nordies: it's a disaster!!!

When I tried that after Barbara sent me two Shoulder bags instead of two Pochette's (which BTW, were miscoded in the Nordies system, so it wasn't her fault) it took like 20 min of agony: the Stanford store had to call the Sac store, get the Balenciaga manager on line, she was only able to ring the return through at her store, based on the card file, which left me standing there with no return receipt :cursing:

All in all, I think the Nordie Bal buy-return policy is highly flawed, IMHO.
OH, NOOOOO! I had no idea! I just rec'd 2 Step bags on Saturday, and I've really enjoyed looking at both of them. I was thinking that when I make up my mind, I can just stroll into Nordies in Portland and return one. Well, even if I have to ship it back to California, it doesn't have to be within 2 weeks! But I'm glad I found this thread or I would have thrown a shoe if Nordies gives me any grief. :graucho:

I was told by the Bal manager at Nordstrom/Sac that I wasn't allowed to return the bag to another Nordstrom's store. She said I would have to call her and arrange for a DHL pickup. So, I'm surprised that they actually will let you do it at all (as much of a pain as it is).

The Sacto store really wants you to call them and have DHL pick up the returns. :yes: Which would be most convenient, except on both occasions when I had bbag returns *DHL never came*. That was why I ventured into the Nordies store itself for the return: I just wanted to return the items and get my money back. :rolleyes:

Its the same for chloe - you can only return it to a nordstrom that carries Chloe. Its a royal pain in the butt. I went up to customer service and had a small fit and then they took the bag back up there but they still had to call the other store.