anyone buy balenciaga from nordstrom? read this...

Barbara actually asked me if I wanted to be in the card file: she said it was easier to take orders over the phone that way, since the Sac store is the only Nordies that sales Balenciagas.

ALSO!

They have a new policy that you can not return the Balenciaga's to *any other store*. Sac will send a call tag to pick them up from your house.

But if you want to take them to your local Nordies: it's a disaster!!!

When I tried that after Barbara sent me two Shoulder bags instead of two Pochette's (which BTW, were miscoded in the Nordies system, so it wasn't her fault) it took like 20 min of agony: the Stanford store had to call the Sac store, get the Balenciaga manager on line, she was only able to ring the return through at her store, based on the card file, which left me standing there with no return receipt :cursing:

All in all, I think the Nordie Bal buy-return policy is highly flawed, IMHO.

ALSO!

They have a new policy that you can not return the Balenciaga's to *any other store*. Sac will send a call tag to pick them up from your house.

But if you want to take them to your local Nordies: it's a disaster!!!

When I tried that after Barbara sent me two Shoulder bags instead of two Pochette's (which BTW, were miscoded in the Nordies system, so it wasn't her fault) it took like 20 min of agony: the Stanford store had to call the Sac store, get the Balenciaga manager on line, she was only able to ring the return through at her store, based on the card file, which left me standing there with no return receipt :cursing:

All in all, I think the Nordie Bal buy-return policy is highly flawed, IMHO.

That's strange. I just returned a Bal bag today to the Pentagon City Nordstrom. It took about 30 seconds.

As an aside, the SA's had never seen a Bal bag and were so excited to see one. For the next 10 mins, while I was browsing, I could hear them talking about the bag

That's strange. I just returned a Bal bag today to the Pentagon City Nordstrom. It took about 30 seconds.

As an aside, the SA's had never seen a Bal bag and were so excited to see one. For the next 10 mins, while I was browsing, I could hear them talking about the bag

Yes, its pretty simple. The same goes for Chanel in some stores. You don't get to leave with a receipt, but it goes through and they send the receipt to you through the store that carries chanel.

I WOULD BE VERRRRY CAREFUL AT BARNEYS AS WELL!!!!! when my husband and i went to new york for the bal trunk show, i purchased a sandstone gh partime and i was talking with the sa who helped us. when i told him i was super excited for the sgh to come out, he was writing something down. i asked him what it was and he said he just wrote down to call me when it came in. well, this was in early may and on july 21 a charge for a giant partime arrived on my husbands card!!!! when we called american express, they said that the transaction took place on june 14 and that it was an unauthorized transaction from barneys new york!!! when i called barneys, they said that they "had no idea" and would look into it. i got a message two days later, from a sa who said that i had been shipped a black gsh pt! nobody ever called me and i sure was not shipped this bag! when i told them this, they said that it was returned back to them b/c ups could not deliver since they attempted three times! (which is also bs since i am constantly on the lookout for ANY packages!) to me, that is stealing. i am very un-nerved and will not go back there. just thought that i would let everyone know

I thought it was ALWAYS the policy at the Nordstrom Sac store that you couldn't return to any other Nordstrom. I think that whomever took your return at Pentagon City probably messed up ... or maybe they just don't have the checks and balances in place to prevent it from happening!

I thought it was ALWAYS the policy at the Nordstrom Sac store that you couldn't return to any other Nordstrom. I think that whomever took your return at Pentagon City probably messed up ... or maybe they just don't have the checks and balances in place to prevent it from happening!

I just spoke to my friend, the designer handbag manager at my local Nordys. You can purchase it via whatever Nordstrom you are at... they will send it to you for free and if you don't like it, bring it back to your local store. They can refund you, but you won't get a physical receipt... they do it via phone with the Sac store.

I hope that helps!

I WOULD BE VERRRRY CAREFUL AT BARNEYS AS WELL!!!!! when my husband and i went to new york for the bal trunk show, i purchased a sandstone gh partime and i was talking with the sa who helped us. when i told him i was super excited for the sgh to come out, he was writing something down. i asked him what it was and he said he just wrote down to call me when it came in. well, this was in early may and on july 21 a charge for a giant partime arrived on my husbands card!!!! when we called american express, they said that the transaction took place on june 14 and that it was an unauthorized transaction from barneys new york!!! when i called barneys, they said that they "had no idea" and would look into it. i got a message two days later, from a sa who said that i had been shipped a black gsh pt! nobody ever called me and i sure was not shipped this bag! when i told them this, they said that it was returned back to them b/c ups could not deliver since they attempted three times! (which is also bs since i am constantly on the lookout for ANY packages!) to me, that is stealing. i am very un-nerved and will not go back there. just thought that i would let everyone know

That's outrageous. And Barney's just let it go? Nothing further to explain or assure you?

That's outrageous. And Barney's just let it go? Nothing further to explain or assure you?

absolutely nothing...i was never contacted at all about them supposedly shipping a bag to me, and especially not called to see if it was okay for them to charge my husbands card when i did not even know he wrote it down!!! honestly, we may not have even caught it, except for that when he got his amex bill and saw that, he circled it, and wrote a note saying, "thats okay, i love you..." (like alerting me that he didnt get almost $1800 past him, but he would pay for it anyways!) i was absolutely horrified! i would never charge that kind of money to my husbands cc without telling him! we even checked our phone bill and had NO incoming calls from barneys ny. we finally ending up changing his card number. OH! AND, if the bag was sent back after three attempted tries to deliver after it was shipped on june 14, why by july 21 was the card not refunded? we have had to file a claim with amex. luckily my husband has an amex platinum (which they have been so amazing), and we will def not have to pay, but still! they have someone in their store that is a thief! i hate to judge but everything about that story is completely wrong!

absolutely nothing...i was never contacted at all about them supposedly shipping a bag to me, and especially not called to see if it was okay for them to charge my husbands card when i did not even know he wrote it down!!! honestly, we may not have even caught it, except for that when he got his amex bill and saw that, he circled it, and wrote a note saying, "thats okay, i love you..." (like alerting me that he didnt get almost $1800 past him, but he would pay for it anyways!) i was absolutely horrified! i would never charge that kind of money to my husbands cc without telling him! we even checked our phone bill and had NO incoming calls from barneys ny. we finally ending up changing his card number. OH! AND, if the bag was sent back after three attempted tries to deliver after it was shipped on june 14, why by july 21 was the card not refunded? we have had to file a claim with amex. luckily my husband has an amex platinum (which they have been so amazing), and we will def not have to pay, but still! they have someone in their store that is a thief! i hate to judge but everything about that story is completely wrong!

That is crazy!! I would be so angry :cursing:. Luckily your DH was so sweet about it. That is why I am to afraid to even attempt to order on the phone.

I dont think that they use a card system to keep track of peoples information, the computer system @ Nordstrom does that automatically. Thats why on every nordstrom receipt it shows weather it was a personal book transaction or not, meaning that the SA has you on file. This note card thing is fishy...everyone who orders from there by phone is recorded and put into this black box. I dont understand why someone who is physically at the store and walking in to buy something needs to be put in there, obviously they are more then likley somoene local to the area. I am going there tommorrow to have a talk about this and return what I bought since it didnt work out for me. I am going to ask for my " card" to be shreded.

I am more peeved about their return policy: it takes FOREVER for the SA at Store X to call Sac, get the manager on the phone, explain it, etc.

And yes, I have voiced my opinion to the Sac manager :tdown:

It's Nordstrom: to sell an item that can only be "credited" through one store, is just ridiculous, IMHO.