Anybody who is buying or has bought the "By The Way" bag?

I just purchased a black pre-loved BTW Mini for my birthday, and I am OBSESSED! It's one of the cutest bags I've seen, and as a certified Large Phone Lover, was pleased to see my Max-sized iPhone fit comfortably in the bag with plenty of room to spare. I haven't had a chance to use him yet, but can't wait to :heart:

I just purchased a black pre-loved BTW Mini for my birthday, and I am OBSESSED! It's one of the cutest bags I've seen, and as a certified Large Phone Lover, was pleased to see my Max-sized iPhone fit comfortably in the bag with plenty of room to spare. I haven't had a chance to use him yet, but can't wait to :heart:

Congratulations!

Pictures, please!

Hi all! I’m still loving my mini By The Way! He’s the perfect little companion for places where I don’t need easy access to my phone and I don’t need anything besides the phone/keys/wallet. Anyway; at first I was really liking the adjustable straps and thought the buttons were clever but every time I use the bag my hair gets caught in a button! I usually end up pulling a strand or two out. Does anyone else have this issue? Has anyone else done anything to help avoid this? My SO suggested I tie a scarf around it but I’m not sure how that would work, and my mother suggested I purchase a new strap but I wanted to see if I was alone or if anyone had any remedies before I start researching straps. Thanks!

I recently bought a preloved Fend I by the way in cherry red in excellent condition for $775 + tax. I am really loving the grey color -attached- though, but haven’t seen it on any preloved sites. I prefer to buy one in “excellent” condition without the corners scuffed. Is it worth spending the entire retail price ($1800 ish) on the color I want, or waiting until it pops up on a preloved site?

I’ve also seen the turtle dove color pop up preloved in excellent condition for $850 ... but for some reason am not loving the color as much as the grey!

Attachments

• 9DDDC379-BF77-4DB8-AA4C-0712FAD0E07C.jpeg
    9DDDC379-BF77-4DB8-AA4C-0712FAD0E07C.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: BlueCherry
I recently bought a preloved Fend I by the way in cherry red in excellent condition for $775 + tax. I am really loving the grey color -attached- though, but haven’t seen it on any preloved sites. I prefer to buy one in “excellent” condition without the corners scuffed. Is it worth spending the entire retail price ($1800 ish) on the color I want, or waiting until it pops up on a preloved site?

I’ve also seen the turtle dove color pop up preloved in excellent condition for $850 ... but for some reason am not loving the color as much as the grey!

I settled on colour with a different Fendi bag and really wish I hadn’t. It’s a tough call as these bags are so discounted preloved that it’s tough to pay retail.

If I could afford it and the bag and the colour was exactly what I really wanted I would pay it but keep it and not resell in the future.

Reactions: kombucha
I find that if it’s a bright colour you want, like pink or blue, you can find them in good shape, because the previous owner won’t have used it much. But if it’s the grey or black they will have corner damage from what i’ve seen... i would pay full price, especially for the grey since it is likely to go with many of your outfits

I settled on colour with a different Fendi bag and really wish I hadn’t. It’s a tough call as these bags are so discounted preloved that it’s tough to pay retail.

If I could afford it and the bag and the colour was exactly what I really wanted I would pay it but keep it and not resell in the future.

Thanks for the insight! I am feeling that if I am thinking of returning it, I should probably not settle. :smile:

I find that if it’s a bright colour you want, like pink or blue, you can find them in good shape, because the previous owner won’t have used it much. But if it’s the grey or black they will have corner damage from what i’ve seen... i would pay full price, especially for the grey since it is likely to go with many of your outfits

That’s a good point! I think I may go to the Fendi store to take a look. :smile: Thanks so much for the insight.

Thanks for the insight! I am feeling that if I am thinking of returning it, I should probably not settle. :smile:

That’s a good point! I think I may go to the Fendi store to take a look. :smile: Thanks so much for the insight.
Also, the price of the classic colors are never as low as bold color on the resale market. So in the end you’d get preloved but still pay a lot of money... might as well go for new and the the warranty and everything!

I’m struggling with which color to keep! I know I don’t want to keep both.

I was initially drawn to the red (my wardrobe is mostly neutral with a few exceptions). I purchased it preloved in excellent condition for $800.

Then I thought I might want a more neutral color so when I travel, I don’t have to think about matching. I snatched up this grey color preloved in excellent condition for $1000.

while the grey color is easier to match , I still feel drawn to the red.

which one would you pick?

6A72DE14-C7AF-4B0E-9797-D3875B8C73F1.jpeg

975D53F2-B4A3-4468-8811-6FF777E8B18C.jpeg

I’m struggling with which color to keep! I know I don’t want to keep both.

I was initially drawn to the red (my wardrobe is mostly neutral with a few exceptions). I purchased it preloved in excellent condition for $800.

Then I thought I might want a more neutral color so when I travel, I don’t have to think about matching. I snatched up this grey color preloved in excellent condition for $1000.

while the grey color is easier to match , I still feel drawn to the red.

which one would you pick?

View attachment 4922124

View attachment 4922125
The red. Get the one you love. Life is too short to worry about matching colors imo. And this red can go well with so many color combos anyway.