Any style eventually "grow" on you???

Believe it or not, the BIRKIN took a while for me to grow into...!

I have always, and I mean always wanted a Kelly....
I still want a Kelly, I've found, for all the same reasons I wanted one in the first place. I thought a Birkin would kill that but noooo still got the eye for them! I will be takin it slow but I will eventually get one, you can count on it! ;)

oh my goodness, angelfish, i agree totally! had never seen a birkin in real life other than in brief passing. and pics somehow do not do it true justice. I had always wanted a black box kelly. then when i went to the opening of my store and heard they had birkins, my curiosity was piqued. i saw this beautiful little rouge H togo 30 cm birkin sitting in the display case ethough the window (it was sold later that day or the next) while waiting for the store to open and i was hooked. minutes later, i found my black one with GH and i fell HARD.

THUD!

like you, i also would like a kelly. still want it in box. maybe indigo :P

Was always aware of the Evelyne and Vespa from years ago, but never considered them because I always had tunnel vision for the Birkin, kelly & plume. But I love my evelyne!!! I wonder what else I will eventually love (the Bolide???)

BTW: great thread, AuthenticLux!!

The picotin bag and the blue jean color, until today when I was playing around with a PM Picotin Blue Jean and bought it because it turned out to be different, nice functional every day bag for me. I won't be able to use it when I'm chasing after my 2 year old but, since my office is casual, I can take it to work almost every day.

The Plume! I love that bag now, and I like it on me. I hope to make that my third or fourth bag, in a bright color...turquoise mayhaps :graucho:

The Bolide and Kelly have always been faves and look best on me, and the Trim looks nice on too; the Birkin looks awful on me though :Push: As does the Lindy!

oh my goodness, angelfish, i agree totally! had never seen a birkin in real life other than in brief passing. and pics somehow do not do it true justice. I had always wanted a black box kelly. then when i went to the opening of my store and heard they had birkins, my curiosity was piqued. i saw this beautiful little rouge H togo 30 cm birkin sitting in the display case ethough the window (it was sold later that day or the next) while waiting for the store to open and i was hooked. minutes later, i found my black one with GH and i fell HARD.

THUD!

like you, i also would like a kelly. still want it in box. maybe indigo :P

Omigosh, I can't even think about it. I am trying to enjoy Ms B to the fullest! If I start thinking Kelly... :nuts::sweatdrop:

The Birkin ... I thought I am going to like it when I am in my 40s because most women in my country who carry birkin are in their late 30s and over ... but for some reason I like it now :P

It actually is the Birkin for me..

I'd never ever thought i would like Hermes as i'd always thought it was too mature/business looking for me as i am very casual. And this was before the lindy was released, and i didn't even like the Garden Party Totes!

But after visiting Japan a few times and buying their magazines, i have fallen in love with the Hermes brand as i saw so many of them over there where ppl in casual to work attire were carrying them, and realised that there were different leathers etc... (In my mind, the birkin was always smooth leather)

So now, i am kicking myself for not visiting the Hermes store while in Paris

In any case, is there a particular bag (or bags) that did not appeal to you and then one day, you found you did like it and decided it worked for you?

For me, the bags that didn't appeal, still don't appeal.

However I have fallen in love and bought two bags that I knew nothing about until getting educated on this forum. They are the Bolide and the Picotin.

I knew nothing abut them and I had tunnel vision in the stores, only Kellys and Birkins registered on my radar.

It took the enthusiasm, knowledge and photos from everyone on this forum to open my eyes to other bags and I am so glad. The Bolide is probably my favourite and most practical bag and the Picotin bridges the gap for every other occasion.

The only things I think that didn't appeal that have grown on me over time are the Plisse scarves which I now love and also the colour etoupe, it didn't appeal at all at first but I have since fallen very VERY hard for this colour. :love:

Definitely, the Picotin and the Vespa.

I came to this forum thinking my first H bag would be a Birkin, but now, I'm seeing other photos from the members here of different bag styles. I didn't think I'd like the Picotin or Vespa until I saw some member pics and I thought, I could carry the Vespa off better than I could a Birkin. I still have a way to go in terms of saving for my first H bag, but there are so many amazing styles out there. It's a shame that some people only think of Hermes as the boutique that makes Birkins or Kelly's. I actually like the Bolide
a smidge better than the Birkin. :smile:
I didn't like the Evelyn or Trim at first, but now I like them too. I think learning about the craftsmanship, leathers, sizes, and colors also helps in finding the bag that's right for you.

allaboutnice--I'm with you on the etoupe. I didn't like that color at all until I started seeing more styles in it and thought, wow, this color really does work.