Any ProActiv users out there? A true acne cure?

i personally don't use proactiv on a daily basis. i use shiseido products daily and proactiv only when i get a break out. i find that proactiv works for me but its is pretty drying on my skin so thats why i only use it when i break out.

like easter_jewel, afterawhile i only used it when i broke out and then just stopped completely. again, facial !! i cannot stress enough to remove all the dirty stuff in the pores. (makes products more effective because the it can now be absorbed better)

I use proactiv, mixed with neutrogena products.. but I use with caution and only once a day and probably wouldn't recommend it due to the love/hate relationship... and I'm slowing weaning myself off of it.....Mixing up your routine and products really does help.... I also add Epsom salt and tea tree oil to the proactiv face wash or neutrogena wash.... My face is crystal clear and haven't had one pimple for over a year (even that time of month).....which the epsom salt and the tea tree oil is the real key here.... I've found that products that are natural minerals work best with your skin, because they are suppose to...that's why alot of us have success with mineral makeup.....they are rare minerals from the earth....

What they really need to do is come out skin care line that is completely rare minerals.... I have a feeling we'll be seeing that soon from Bare Escentuals....

Unfortuantely, there is no cure for acne.....

I found it disturbing to still be breaking out at my age, and finally tried proactive a year or two ago. I love it! I wish they'd been making it 30 years ago. I do only do the whole routine in the morning, while at night I use one of those make up removing, premoistened face cleaning cloths. Basically if I don't keep it simple before going to bed the make up will never be taken off (I'm tired *and* lazy at night!).

I also use mineral makeup (bare escentuals). It's lighter and has helped as well, I think. But I did start using proactive first, because I've found that if your skin isn't in good shape, the mineral makeup doesn't look as good as it should. I use the bare escentuals night time treatment (like the powder, only you wear it at night), and that cuts down on the redness in my face.

What a shame I had to wait till my 50's to finally get good skin!

i have always had occasional acne, but after each of my kids...it was pretty pronounced. so i ordered the proactiv one day from QVC.

it did work for me. i still have extremely oily skin, but it is mostly clear. i supplement the kit with a copy-cat from the drugstore wash. sometimes i run out, and forget that i really have acne...then within a week or 2 it is back.

i wish i had it during my teen years. even just 1 ugly zit can ruin your whole week.

I would avoid it. I used ProActiv for awhile and it did more harm than good. It did clear my skin but it also horribly dried it out. My skin was flaking off and peeling like crazy. The product was very harsh on my skin.

of all the acne stuff I've tried, ProActive is the only one that has failed us on CUSTOMER SERVICE!

A few years ago when I was still in high school, my dad tried to buy some ProActive products for me online on their site cuz I told him that I've been seeing it everywhere. Well, the first when my dad placed the order for the entire set, they LOST our order somehow... Okie... the second time we ordered, they never shipped it to us!... Then I think my dad got fed up and never bothered with this company again lol