Any ProActiv users out there? A true acne cure?

love2shop

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday:heart: !!!
I just wanted to post this topic since I am thinking about actually going out to purchase the set! I am having some pretty bad acne and scar problems on the sides of my cheeks :mad: ! So, I am trying everything out there from Neutrogena to Noxema to Oil of Olay to this weird home remedy treatment! NOTHING IS WORKING :censor:!!! I am becoming so self conscious lately about my skin and I feel like I don't even want to go out anyomre! So, my question is: Does this Proactiv really work? Also, is it a lifetime kind of thing? Like, if I stop using it, will i start to break out again :Push: ?
Thanks ladies for your help and time!!!:heart: :heart:

Ps. Please feel free to add in any other remedies or products that you swear by!:idea:

I started online with ProActiv then found a ProActiv kiosk in the mall near my home. It's more cost effective to just buy what I need at the kiosk. I want to say it started around $39? It was so long ago I don't remember. Go to their website. All the details are there.

Proactive works,but after a while you use it your body gets immune to it. I know 5 people that it happend to them...Do you have bad acne or you get it once in a while?..My friend went to her dermatolagist,and got some kind of pill that is clearing up her face alot... Clinique's acne products are good also.

I don't have any bad acne problems (knock on wood), so unfortunately I cannot recommend a specific product for you to use. But my suggestion would be to see a dermatologist first to pinpoint what would be the best remedy for your acne rather than spending lots of money on trying out different products that (as you've mentioned) haven't helped.

Procative is filled with salicylic acid- which may or may not make acne worse. It can also irritate roseacea.

This skin care line has worked best for me. Many skin care regimens that claim to be good for acne actually have ingredients that make it worse.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC406&PAGETYPE=S

I also use PLEXION RX cleanser and it works great. I agree with the other poster on that as well. My pharmacist told me that generic topical medications are not produced using the same protocols as oral meds- so the "generic" plexion is nothing like the name brand and can actually make your skin worse.

I have used Proactiv for more than 2 years. I actually have pretty clear skin but would always have those hormonal breakouts on my chin. The really deep painful ones.. I started using Proactiv as a daily routine preventative & I no longer have any breakouts at all & rarely even a single pimple. I also use the night cream with retinol which helps with those fine lines.. I know the product doesn't work for everyone but it was a lifesaver for me.

I've used ProActiv for about 4 years now. It is the only product that has consistently kept my skin clear. I do have the occasional zit but not like before. I will also say that I still have oily skin. I use OTC benzoyl (sp?) peroxide on the t-zone every night as well.

I just ordered some ProActiv last night at 3:30 in the morning-I have always heard great things about it and have been dieing to try it. I got a one month supply for $19.95 plus shipping-total cost of 25.95.

It is a 30 day supply and after 30 days, if I don't cancel it-they will send me a 60 day supply and then another 60 day supply every 2 months after that. You can cancel at any time though and they will stop billing your credit card.

I can't wait to get it!

i have tried everything under the sun lol, including pro activ twice. i really dont feel that it works any better than something you can buy at your local drug store. i do feel that it does prevent a few minor breakouts and does treat them w.out making your skin agrivated. i would recomend seeing a derm. i had tried everything there from and the only thing that worked for me was accutante. that is the only miracle cure, while being on it wasnt exactly the most pleasent experience (mild aches and dry skin) nothing i have even used has ever come close.