Any books about Hermes?

Thanks everyone. I've already ordered "How luxury lost its luster". :wlae:

"Les Vitrines" is just too expensive, and it doesn't appear to be in English.
HG, do you have any scans of the book?

Nola, there's an anime book on H? :drool:

Yes, I´m so sorry I´m bad with the names:sweatdrop: It has been posted in the older raok thread and there was another thread about it also.

Deluxe is a book about the luxury fashion industry.

there is a few chapters with mentioning about Hermes in it. the author is a fan of Hermes and talks about how H is the last true remaining luxury brand left since H bags are still 100% handmade.

Deluxe is a book about the luxury fashion industry.

there is a few chapters with mentioning about Hermes in it. the author is a fan of Hermes and talks about how H is the last true remaining luxury brand left since H bags are still 100% handmade.

luxlover,

I'm terribly afraid that after reading the book, I will be even more addicted to Hermes. As it is, my Hermes obsession is completely out of control. :sweatdrop:

Reactions: HeartHermes
Just thought that I would let people know that I was able to locate Les Vitrines Hermes on AMAZON.CA (CA = Canada). The website can be viewed in English or French. I was able to purchase new copies of both Vitrines Hermes Les Ang (which is the English edition) and Les Vitrines Hermes:conte nomades de leila (which is the French edition). The French edition is scheduled to ship on March 18th. However, I am still waiting for an email confirming the ship date on English translation. Looks like I (finally) will be putting all those years spent in French class to good use - that is until my English edition arrives.

There are 2 other books, of which I know only the edition in French

- Le Regard Secret, a small paperback mostly about items from the museum
- Beaute en Voyage, about leather goods for travelling - not really handbags but beauty cases that sort of thing

I have Les Vitrines Hermes in the English version called The Hermes Shop Windows.
It is a fabulous book, with lots of wonderful, wonderful pictures, and descriptions and little phrases from Leila Menchari.
A definate must for anybody who loves the store windows.

Leila Menchari the Queen of Enchantment ( window designer) The book has finally been released & the photos of the windows over the years are glorious.
Her background is very interesting & the windows reflect unsurpassed talent. Beautiful!
It will make a wonderful gift for the Hermes lover.
Enjoy, ladies & gents

Koto Bolofo: La Maison
This is an eleven volume, case-bound in Hermes orange, set of books of photographs.
Other than a short essay at the end of each volume there is no text whatsoever.
Each volume is devoted to a particular aspect of Hermes: Horse riding; Saddle making;Crocodile Kelly; Clothes; Perfume; Bugatti car; Gardens; Special orders; Silk; John Lobb; Collection Emile Hermes
Volume three show the stages of making a croc Kelly.

Bolofo was granted unprecedented access to photograph in the Hermes ateliers and archives.

The price varies widely. Last year preloved were selling for 350+; Amazon was about 275
but I got a set direct from the publishers, Steidl, for 180
I looked just now and Amazon US has a new set for less than 100
These are Stirling prices.

Last edited:
Koto Bolofo: La Maison
This is an eleven volume, case-bound in Hermes orange, set of books of photographs.
Other than a short essay at the end of each volume there is no text whatsoever.
Each volume is devoted to a particular aspect of Hermes: Horse riding; Saddle making;Crocodile Kelly; Clothes; Perfume; Bugatti car; Gardens; Special orders; Silk; John Lobb; Collection Emile Hermes
Volume three show the stages of making a croc Kelly.

Bolofo was granted unprecedented access to photograph in the Hermes ateliers and archives.

The price varies widely. Last year preloved were selling for 350+; Amazon was about 275
but I got a set direct from the publishers, Steidl, for 180
I looked just now and Amazon US has a new set for less than 100
These are Stirling prices.

Amazon is temporarily out of stock on this book. I was able to find a bookseller that had if for
$106. so I placed the order & thanks for sharing all this.. Appreciate it..