Another Hypothetical Question.......

i would pass. it seems to be like a turkey sandwich. on plain white bread it's tasty but with lettuce and cheese and some dijionaise it's perfect. kwim?

I dunno, D...it depends for me on how much of a HG bag it is (and I mean holy grail, not Hermes Groupie! LOL!)....If I were offered the jasmin or beige rose in excellent condition minus all the 'accessories', I'd probably buy it. You can order the other stuff later, and I rarely wear the clochette/cadena on my bags, anyway.
If it's a bag you can likely score in the future (even with an SO), I say wait.

i would pass. it seems to be like a turkey sandwich. on plain white bread it's tasty but with lettuce and cheese and some dijionaise it's perfect. kwim?

You're making me hungry!!! I just discovered I really like turkey sandwiches after years of thinking they were yucky.

I guess it would be like a turkey sandwich if people were hoarding them and they were hard to get and you could get thousands more for it if you had the right one when selling it! lol.:roflmfao:

i had to take the lock off of my ostrich because I wear it with the strap and there just isn't room for both. Now if it didn't have the strap, you could always personalize it with one of your own cadenas. I certainly would not let any of those missing parts stop me from buying the bag if it is one I want (would you have bought it had it had all the parts) Easy to get a new bag and they'd probably throw in a box if you wanted one if you sent it in to be cleaned. Now that you've passed, give us the details. 25 is too small for me otherwise I would probably have been pming you for the contact. but as we all know, there will always be another one we also covet.

I was complaining to my SA about Ostrich darkening on the handles and he said that Hermes could change the handles easily.
That said if the price was right, it sounds as though a clouchette/strap could be ordered. Since I like cadenas the lock is not a big deal to me ditto the protective bag.
Nevertheless Shopmom if you were at all wary, you made the right decision.