Animals Death in Movies Sadder Than a Persons Death??

Why do people get angry or feel more sympathy for an animals death than a human in Movies??
I was reading the forums on imdb and some people get furious at an exaggerated level when an animal dies in a movie...

"Omg ban that movie" "They should have not put that in the movie" for example..
But when a human dies they just brush it off....

Same goes in reality.. Like one someones kills an animal, some people think they should be put to death..

They're all probably PETA supporters. Or a bunch of idiots.
Really, these people need to stop. I don't understand why a dumb animal who gets slaughtered would cause such a huge uproar. When a child gets decimated, decapitated, and eaten alive wouldn't be such a big deal (example of course, don't ask me what movie that was. But I'm pretty sure you can find something similar in a movie if you look around lol).

What annoys the living :cursing: out of me is when people cry about these things. And no, an animal's death isn't any sadder to me at all. I bet these people run over animals on the streets and eat them too, so why cry about an animal being murdered in a movie? This is just like certain people who scream "RACIST! wah wah wah" when [insert color here] People aren't in the movie. It turns me off when Humanity drops this low. It just pisses me off so much. Seriously, I've lost faith in Humanity a long time ago, and this just made things worse.

Yes, animals are innocent, wa wa wa. Who cares. It's just a damn movie! I guess when a baby gets eaten alive, it isn't the same is it? lol.:cursing::cursing: Instead of whining about this, why not do something about reality? Animals get slaughtered every day, get run over by cars, get abused by their owners, and thrown into Shelters. Please, don't cry about something that's made up. It's not like the animals in the movie are actually killed, you know? Well, maybe except that "Snakes On the Plane" movie. LOL. Heard the Chihuaha (sp) in there was killed for real.

Wow, it's amazing that someone can attack a group of people, include many on this board, who show their compassion for earth's creatures even if it's more so than the two legged animals. No one is bashing those that cry over humans or want to ban movies that shows children being killed just because they feel strongly about animals that may meet the same fate. I cry over animals being killed or maimed in a movie. No, I'm not a member or peta, run over animals or purpose and I do something to save abused animals. Don't generalize, judge or be insulting because we/they feel differently than you do. I'm glad I don't come from that hateful perspective where they must be god awful people because their sensitivities are directed from something different from mine. I get misty eyed over suffering animals and am proud of it! The lack of compassion or caring for suffering animals or any creature whether human or not, show some deep issues. wah wah wah is such a cliche btw.

Last edited:
They're all probably PETA supporters. Or a bunch of idiots.
Really, these people need to stop. I don't understand why a dumb animal who gets slaughtered would cause such a huge uproar. When a child gets decimated, decapitated, and eaten alive wouldn't be such a big deal (example of course, don't ask me what movie that was. But I'm pretty sure you can find something similar in a movie if you look around lol).

What annoys the living :cursing: out of me is when people cry about these things. And no, an animal's death isn't any sadder to me at all. I bet these people run over animals on the streets and eat them too, so why cry about an animal being murdered in a movie? This is just like certain people who scream "RACIST! wah wah wah" when [insert color here] People aren't in the movie. It turns me off when Humanity drops this low. It just pisses me off so much. Seriously, I've lost faith in Humanity a long time ago, and this just made things worse.

Yes, animals are innocent, wa wa wa. Who cares. It's just a damn movie! I guess when a baby gets eaten alive, it isn't the same is it? lol.:cursing::cursing: Instead of whining about this, why not do something about reality? Animals get slaughtered every day, get run over by cars, get abused by their owners, and thrown into Shelters. Please, don't cry about something that's made up. It's not like the animals in the movie are actually killed, you know? Well, maybe except that "Snakes On the Plane" movie. LOL. Heard the Chihuaha (sp) in there was killed for real.

:rolleyes:

I do have to admit that this message as a whole really does speak to the idea of humanity reaching a new low.

OH nooooo.. I did not want to turn this into another :closed: PETA thread...

I just wanted to know why we as humans can somtimes have more sympathy for an animal... I have to admit the dog in "I am legend" got me emotional, especially when they showed him as a puppy..

We watched Eight Below last night. I blubbered like a baby. I simply cannot, and I repeat, cannot, watch any type of animal movie without going through a whole box of tissues.

Animals depend on us. We have a responsibility to care for them and not abuse them. A movie depicting the death of an animal always gets me upset. Maybe it's the innocense of them. Humans "act" and it's all for entertainment. I have never understood the use of animals for entertainment. Which is why I hate zoos and circus' too.

I love ALL living creatures, even all the spiders, honeybees, ants, and creepy crawlies that other people have no remorse in squishing - probably even some of you that tout animal lives as being so important.
To me, though, there are such varying degrees - it can get maddening - how do you decide where to draw the line? It is a personal choice, because you could even go so far as to say oh - I can't even pick a leaf off a tree because it is alive! I try to be rational about my feelings, because obviously sometimes insects just die or end up dying as a side effect of something else...and it still makes me sad but I move on. The honeybee Colony Collapse Disorder breaks my heart, the poor bees work so hard and just are inexplicably sick and dying off! It's that type of stuff that really bothers me. We all need each other to have happy and healthy lives - whether it is snakes, a praying mantis, even the scavenger wasps that really don't get along with me...it is a balance of sorts, and while humans are what we are (in terms of our development and technological advancements), we wouldn't have had the opportunity to thrive unless there was some kind of ecological balance upheld by the other creatures in order to make our environment conducive to our evolvement.

This is a very good post. In the wild, a lot of animals would die being torn to shreds by some sort of carnivore. And this is nature and it keeps a balance. Also, not everyone, but there's many people that feel sorry for puppies, kittens, bunnies, anything cute and fluffy, yet they could care less about uglier less appealing animals like lizards.

I think we should treat animals humanely and respect their lives, but I don't agree with putting them at the same level as humans.

Wow, it's amazing that someone can attack a group of people, include many on this board, who show their compassion for earth's creatures even if it's more so than the two legged animals. No one is bashing those that cry over humans or want to ban movies that shows children being killed just because they feel strongly about animals that may meet the same fate. I cry over animals being killed or maimed in a movie. No, I'm not a member or peta, run over animals or purpose and I do something to save abused animals. Don't generalize, judge or be insulting because we/they feel differently than you do. I'm glad I don't come from that hateful perspective where they must be god awful people because their sensitivities are directed from something different from mine. I get misty eyed over suffering animals and am proud of it! The lack of compassion or caring for suffering animals or any creature whether human or not, show some deep issues. wah wah wah is such a cliche btw.

^^ Yay! You said it perfectly..You took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't have said it better myself! I, too am VERY proud of my compasion for animals. They are innocent beings!

^^ I also wanted to add that I CANNOT watch an innocent animal or child die or get hurt...It doesn't matter that it's just a movie..It's very upsetting and I don't see the purpose!