Angry and advice

Glad you got your strap eventually. If you now love the bag, regardless of what year it comes from, then keep it.

However, if you had not wanted the bag originally, it may have been wise to send it back to them before your new strap arrived.

Or, quickly notify the SA/staff that you are still unhappy with the fact that you were told you were paying for a 2010 bag, but ended up with a 2009 one instead at their mistake. So, even though you have tried to love the bag, you would still like them to send you the year of bag you originally requested, and you will send back this first bag to them.

Good luck - I hope you love the end result!

Last edited:
Thanks again.I called every BAL store in the state,but they do not have 2010 RH Black PT. I already told the SA that I am not happy with year of 2009 but the leather looks great. I still thinking :smile: to keep it or not. but maybe keep this one and get 2011 later.lol

If you love the leather, doesn't matter what year it's from - keep it!! You may not find another black leather you like even from the 2010 stock, if there is any left.

At least you now have a leather you like and the strap your bag is supposed to have, despite the year being all wrong. You can always sell it later to fund a 2011 or any subsequent bag that you love more: black will always be popular as a re-sell.

Hope you enjoy your new bag!

I'm so glad they sent you a strap, carolinech! I agree with everyone else here who think you should keep it regardless of year if you love the leather. The year ain't nuthin' but a numba! ;)

If you love the leather, doesn't matter what year it's from - keep it!! You may not find another black leather you like even from the 2010 stock, if there is any left.

At least you now have a leather you like and the strap your bag is supposed to have, despite the year being all wrong. You can always sell it later to fund a 2011 or any subsequent bag that you love more: black will always be popular as a re-sell.

Hope you enjoy your new bag!

Exactly what I was about to type, then realized it's all been said. :P

what is it about the 09 leather that you don't like? There are great and not so great leathers from every year IMO. I have an 09 black PT that has wonderful, very black leather and the more I use it the softer it gets. It's not always a guarantee that you will get the exact leather you want no matter the year. the only way to do that would be to go to an actual store and pick it out IRL. So if you are happy with your bag count yourself lucky and enjoy it.

Alright , let's settle this once and for all. Take a picture of the back of your bag ...preferably hanging up so it will show its slouchyness. Then post it in the 'show us your butts' thread where we can evaluate it compared to other butts. Maybe comparing it to other bags will give you insight into its relative condition.
I agree with others...the year makes no difference. It is new and IF it has great color, depth and texture then keep it.

Heheheh, maxx! Great suggestion to clarify confusion for carolinech, I love your butt thread.

OOOhhh, that did NOT come out right, so sorry, maxx... err, the "Thread on everyone's butts"?