ANANTOMY OF The Brief, The Afternoon, The Mid-Afternoon modeling pics, style info

I actually prefer The Brief :supacool: over the Afternoon and Mid-afternoon. The Brief with giant hardware is just absolutely stunning. The regular hardware just doesn't do it for me for that particular shape.

The Brief is also roomier in my opinion. The other two shapes are just too thin for my liking. The Brief in white with GH is gorgeous :nuts:

thebrief.jpg

Well, today I was passing through Seattle (I had two whole hours) and was forced to go to Barney's to look at the Balenciagas.

They had a whole wall full of Bbags and even though I just ordered a Cafe Day from AR, I fell hard for the AFTERNOON in Marron. It's just so much better for my work style. I emptied out my Day right there: my files and books and plane tickets and wallet and Bose headphones and little Marimekko purse with all my lip glosses. My Blackberry and my Mini Compagnon wallet. It all fit PERFECTLY, with two compartments, and two zippered areas for keys and such.

I bought it on the spot and had them send my Cafe home. It's great for work, and yes, it goes over the shoulder. A tad tighter than I would like, but possible.

Barneys Seattle --very nice SA Gregory-- has good selection of everything. I really think the Bal craze has waned...A woman came in as I was looking (read: drooling/obsessing) over the Afternoon and was like, Are those still in? I was like, honey, if you get the bug, Bbags are FOREVER...

Then one of the SA's came over and told me she really, really wants the French Blue Brief with GH. I did my duty: I warned her not to start. I told her they put crack in the leather, heroin in the zippers. She shook her head and looked wistfully over at the Brief...

What could I say? I told her to go for it!

Hope everyone is having a great week! Will post pics soon.

Ooooh congrats! Can't wait to see pics of the afternoon! Please show us what it looks like on too!!

I stayed at the red lion across the street from Barney's in Seattle, I'm proud of myself that I didn't go in, but yet I'm kicking myself for not.

I purchased a truffle mid-afternoon today through Ebay, and am having conflicting feelings. The title of the auction said it was a BRIEF and I promptly clicked BIN, then realized it is in fact a mid-afternoon after checking all the details on atelier.naff. However, I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal at $650. What do you think?

If you own a mid-afternoon, can you tell my how you like it? Does it fit comfortably over the shoulder? Thanks for your input.

BTW, this is my first bbag purchase and post on this forum. So, a hello to all!

Welcome to tpf! Yes, I almost hit BIN too. Gorgeous bag. Although I thought it was marron? It is a great style, and I have seen pics of people wearing it on the shoulder. The style looks so classy to me.

Thanks everyone for your kind feedback. This forum have such nice members - i've enjoyed reading your threads for months, and am happy to finally join in.

fromparis: WOW! The blue india color is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pics. I'm glad to hear you love you mid afternoon. I just don't hear or see much of this bag, and I wondered why. Now, I can't wait to get mine.

...and the search continues....for a Classique (my first choice). And if my husband won't leave me over this new obsession, I hope to get my hands on a city and twiggy, and...:drool: