Am I over reacting for wanting to return this?

Jan 24, 2010
I received it yesterday, saw it, slept on it and today I somehow feel that a brand new piece should not have a strap looking like that. :/

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,681
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,676
I ordered it from the website. The nearest LV store is 3 hours drive. Thank you ladies. I'll phone the Client Services to arrange for a return now. I just want to make sure that I won't look like a picky little madam for returning it lol x

Definitely return. I had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. I bought a DE Pochette NM from a boutique and when I took it out of the box a few days later I noticed the strap was torn...almost like when they were attaching it to the bag they ripped it. I returned it and didn't get another, kind of turned me off for now.

Thanks everyone. I have now arranged a return for a refund. I didn't want to risk ordering another just in case I get the same issue. It baffles me as to how the person who attached the strap and then the person who packaged it totally missed the damage. It is the first thing I have noticed when I opened it. When I phoned LV, I was told that it they find it hard to believe how I was sent a defective merchandise. Oh well, maybe they tell that to everyone!

Thanks everyone. I have now arranged a return for a refund. I didn't want to risk ordering another just in case I get the same issue. It baffles me as to how the person who attached the strap and then the person who packaged it totally missed the damage. It is the first thing I have noticed when I opened it. When I phoned LV, I was told that it they find it hard to believe how I was sent a defective merchandise. Oh well, maybe they tell that to everyone!

Maybe they are subtlety suggesting that you damaged it?

Maybe they are subtlety suggesting that you damaged it?
Well, then that it just too bad as I didn't. I didn't have it for 24 hours before I informed them. I bought the Eva DE a few years ago and it came with a scratch on the plate, I didn't return it as I thought it will get scratched from use anyway so this is not the first time for me. Then I bought a Westminster GM and they delivered one with no d-ring so I had to return that one but had to chase them for the replacement. I even had to cover the return cost at the time. Honestly, I don't know why I still insist on buying the brand, maybe it is time to look the other way. LV is no way perfect and I don't expect them to be but their quality control seems to be rapidly going downhill!

Well, then that it just too bad as I didn't. I didn't have it for 24 hours before I informed them. I bought the Eva DE a few years ago and it came with a scratch on the plate, I didn't return it as I thought it will get scratched from use anyway so this is not the first time for me. Then I bought a Westminster GM and they delivered one with no d-ring so I had to return that one but had to chase them sfor the replacement. I even had to cover the return cost at the time. Honestly, I don't know why I still insist on buying the brand, maybe it is time to look the other way. LV is no way perfect and I don't expect them to be but their quality control seems to be rapidly going downhill!

Sigh...I have to gree with you. The older LVs I got prior to 2012 were much better quality than now and it's not even that long ago. I might be almost done with my lv collection. How about you? Maybe we r more content than we realize! ;)

This is my I NEVER buy online. I'm mean how are you really going to proof you didn't do it..
I would be a bag of nerves until I got my money back.
Good luck!
It goes both ways though. How are they going to prove that I did it? Even if say they took a footage before they packed it then that footage will only prove that they sent me a defective merchandise.

I buy online because the nearest boutique is 3 hours drive and ideally, there should be no worry about something like this happening with a high end brand but then we don't live in an ideal world. And my experience is not an isolated incident as much as LV would like to claim that, we all know better!

Sigh...I have to gree with you. The older LVs I got prior to 2012 were much better quality than now and it's not even that long ago. I might be almost done with my lv collection. How about you? Maybe we r more content than we realize! ;)
Good question! :biggrin: Today actually made me realize that there are other high end designer brands out there that make very desirable bags. :biggrin: