Am I over reacting for wanting to return this?

I'm rooting for a approval for a return or exchange...because that isn't acceptable for quality. They should have personally just give you a exchange or a return on the spot, if you are dissatisfied with the received product. :tdown:

Thanks for the support everyone. The bag is on it way back to France now. It remains to be seen how they are at refunding as apparently they will need to properly inspect the bag when it gets there. I wish they properly inspect them before they send them out to customers too but obviously not. It would save a lot of disappointment and hassle! *sigh*

Fingers crossed that you hear some good news quickly! I agree, should've never even been sent out in that condition. I'm just glad that you noticed it quickly, that should work in your favor.

Fingers crossed that you hear some good news quickly! I agree, should've never even been sent out in that condition. I'm just glad that you noticed it quickly, that should work in your favor.
The thing is, it is not even so much about the money. I think they need to learn that they cannot just mess around with anyone like this. I don't think it is an accident that I got sent that bag as the tear is pretty obvious or maybe I am just being paranoid lol. I am thinking that maybe, just maybe some people just keep them instead of going though the hassle of returning it so they send out the damage goods anyway.

On the plus side, LV has delivered my balloon charm in great condition today so hopefully it is all good from here on. I am still not allowed to order anymore LV until the baby is born though hahaha hubby says if I want to pay money to be stressed, I will have to do it when I am on my own and not while I am still carrying our baby. :biggrin:

The thing is, it is not even so much about the money. I think they need to learn that they cannot just mess around with anyone like this. I don't think it is an accident that I got sent that bag as the tear is pretty obvious or maybe I am just being paranoid lol. I am thinking that maybe, just maybe some people just keep them instead of going though the hassle of returning it so they send out the damage goods anyway.

On the plus side, LV has delivered my balloon charm in great condition today so hopefully it is all good from here on. I am still not allowed to order anymore LV until the baby is born though hahaha hubby says if I want to pay money to be stressed, I will have to do it when I am on my own and not while I am still carrying our baby. :biggrin:

Oh no, I mean I hope you get a resolution before baby comes. I completely agree, everything should be properly inspected before it's mailed out to ensure customers are not dealing with unnecessary stress over a return. And really it should be looked at as loss prevention on their end with the cost of shipping.

Glad to hear that your balloon charm arrived in great condition. They are so beautiful, hope you enjoy it!

Update: 24 hours after LV received the bag back yet I had no update from them so I contacted them again. I was then told that it takes 14 days to process returns as every returned item has to undergo a full inspection because of their rigorous quality control. So I told them what the problem was and that the person who attached the strap and also the person who boxed the bag obviously never bothered checking!!! That says a lot about their rigorous quality check. :sad: My next LV purchase will be at the boutique...no way I am going through this drama again!!!!

This is very sweet of you!!!
Oh thank you! :blush:

I just hate to hear about disappointments and defective products! Receiving defective merchandise is so stressful. LV really knows how to put the fear in us that the return might not be accepted!

I am glad to hear that the refund was processed quickly for the OP and agree with her decision to buy from the boutique.

My Favorite strap was the same. No exchange was allowed, even the day after, because they said all straps would have the same issue. "Don't worry, it won't break. You can always return it." I was so upset at the way it was handled. I fought hard, to no avail.

I had to return a bag that had a hole in the lining - they didn't finish the sewing process. The SA couldn't believe it - there are so many things that slip through the cracks now :sad:

Last edited:
The drama continues. Nobody turned up to pick the return after I was told that I have to wait all day as they couldn't give me a specific time. I got in touch with LV again only to be told that the first person I spoke to never bothered to book the pick up. Pick up is now scheduled tomorrow. We shall see if someone turns up this time. It is such a shame that my nearest LV is about 3 hours drive and I am almost 40 weeks pregnant so it is a bit risky to take that drive.

I actually have another little piece ordered which should be arriving within the next couple of days so fingers crossed everything is good with that as I put the order through before receiving the defective one. :sad: On a positive note, I am now totally put off that I decided not to order the Alma BB that I planned to get before the price increase, so that is money saved for me :biggrin: I just don't think I can take the stress if something goes wrong again! Buying LV should be a wonderful experience not a stressful one.

I'm so sorry you had all this stress while you are pregnant! I just had my baby last week and we are nervous enough at that stage! I wish I could help more - but I'm glad you got your return. The Boston Copley store has always been absolutely amazing! Possibly you can order through them also... GL with everything, especially baby :smile:

My Favorite strap was the same. No exchange was allowed, even the day after, because they said all straps would have the same issue. "Don't worry, it won't break. You can always return it." I was so upset at the way it was handled. I fought hard, to no avail.
To be honest, LV had no choice but to refund due the Distance Selling Regulations since it was bought online.

Thanks for all the support everyone. I am happy that it is now resolved but I'd be happier if this baby pops out soon :biggrin: