Am I doing the right thing about this purchase?

To answer your question about return shipping- you cannot force the seller to pay it, but I have heard of people sending invoices to seller for return shipping (via PayPal). It might work. Certainly worth a try :smile:

You can politely remind the seller the bag has been received & you would
appreciate a prompt refund..

If she doesn't reply in 24 hours, then I would open a case against her..

She is just stalling & you can forrward all the shipping/tracking info to ebay/pp...
and they should process your refund...

And your refund should be given back the way you paid for it... if you used
a paypal balance it should go back to that account, if you paid via a
credit card it should go back on your card (it may take a day or so for it
to show up) there are times that sellers refund directly to paypal
so if you do decide to e-mail her, you can ask her to refund the way it wa
paid & just tell her cc or paypal balance or however you paid

I got impatient after waiting 2 days for a reply on a refund...so I filed a SNAD to Paypal...and she refunded me the money in one hour!!! I checked my credit transaction today and hurray!!! The money is reversed back to me!!!

Can you believe this seller??? I was trying to be polite. Her response to Paypal was..."I had an emergency..blah blah blah"

It clearly states no refund on the return shipping. I don't mind and I don't think I want to escalate it further for the shipping. I lost money on the shipping but I gained a valuable lesson that's priceless!

I got impatient after waiting 2 days for a reply on a refund...so I filed a SNAD to Paypal...and she refunded me the money in one hour!!! I checked my credit transaction today and hurray!!! The money is reversed back to me!!!

Can you believe this seller??? I was trying to be polite. Her response to Paypal was..."I had an emergency..blah blah blah"

It clearly states no refund on the return shipping. I don't mind and I don't think I want to escalate it further for the shipping. I lost money on the shipping but I gained a valuable lesson that's priceless!

I'm glad you finally got your refund. Sometimes it takes opening a dispute for the seller to get off their butt and do the right thing. Now you can be done with this headache!