Am I doing the right thing about this purchase?

I was just wondering if you had to open a SNAD for this or did the seller agree to let you return it? If it was a SNAD and the seller still denies the flaws, then I would leave Neg FB only after the refund has been issued to you.

I contacted the seller and she agreed to have me send it back to her first for inspection and refund. I also sent her these pics to her personal email. She hasn't responded back about the pics. I'm waiting for her to get the bag and give me my refund. If she doesn't, then I will file a claim and leave -ve feedback.

IMO, you can see the darkness on the piping from the photos in the listing. Considering the vague way that the seller describes the bag, I probably would have asked for more photos / information first.

BUT, the seller has a 14 day return policy, so you returning it shouldn't be an issue. Was the seller saying that she wouldn't accept a return?

I'm partly to blame since I didn't even think about asking for more pics or clarifying the condition. I just thought from the description it was gently used but the condition I received wasn't gently used. It was so used! I would have been better off paying a new one for the price I paid in total.

I learned my lesson too. I will ask many many questions to sellers before clicking the bid or buy button.

She said she will "inspect" the bag and give refund. I hope she will not deny me the refund or I will file a complaint.

I'm partly to blame since I didn't even think about asking for more pics or clarifying the condition. I just thought from the description it was gently used but the condition I received wasn't gently used. It was so used! I would have been better off paying a new one for the price I paid in total.

I learned my lesson too. I will ask many many questions to sellers before clicking the bid or buy button.

She said she will "inspect" the bag and give refund. I hope she will not deny me the refund or I will file a complaint.

Many sellers will inspect the item being returned before issuing
a refund. It's a fairly standard practice..

If you have a problem, you can always open a SNAD provide tracking
info & your refund will be processsed fairly quickly

The seller can't keep the merchandise & not issue a refund...

The white marks on the bag can be easily removed with a baby wipe as I have done that on many many lv bags. The piping however is very scuffed and a total oversight on the sellers part. the marks where the handles meet the brass is normal wear for this bag however her description of "looks like new" obviously was from someone that does not closely inspect a bag and thinks new equates to no damage present.

I posted some pics of some white marks I removed from a tivoli pm the other night for reference

Thank you for your tips! I didn't want to touch the bag at all after seeing it. I immediately returned it to the post office after an hour! And I had the same post office guy too! He was surprised to see me again!

Great tips! I will keep that in mind for other LV's I own since I've never had those white marks before.

I mean how could she possibly not see those scuffs on the piping edges and the handles? I'm aware that overtime, the marks on the handles area are normal but she didn't even report that in her description for the buyers!

like new? my two+ year old neverfulls in 100X better condition as in only even patina. ...sending it back is a good idea, don't know if you can get your part of the shipping back tho :sad:

If you're still interested in pre-owned hand bags, I've had great luck with Yoogi's closet. They are really good at giving you descriptions of flaws along with pictures. Plus, their return policy is great.

If you're still interested in pre-owned hand bags, I've had great luck with Yoogi's closet. They are really good at giving you descriptions of flaws along with pictures. Plus, their return policy is great.

Thanks for your tips! I will keep this in mind! I've heard of them too and have looked at items on their site. I was a fool to believe that it was in "like new" condition. She does have a 14 day return policy.

like new? my two+ year old neverfulls in 100X better condition as in only even patina. ...sending it back is a good idea, don't know if you can get your part of the shipping back tho :sad:

It was a joke to say "and it looks brand new"! She was blind when she listed it. She didn't even inspect it closely!

I doubt I will get my shipping money back for returning it. I hope to get the original amount I paid her or I will file a claim.

And such a hassle since I paid taxes/duties to the govt. I had to send in a request for a refund...hope that goes through!

What a bummer for me this purchase was!

It was a joke to say "and it looks brand new"! She was blind when she listed it. She didn't even inspect it closely!

I doubt I will get my shipping money back for returning it. I hope to get the original amount I paid her or I will file a claim.

And such a hassle since I paid taxes/duties to the govt. I had to send in a request for a refund...hope that goes through!

What a bummer for me this purchase was!

I think she did this on purpose to get more than what it is worth. sorry to see you go through this, I hope ebay have enough sense to do something about it cuz we don't need sellers like that to ruin the rest of our reputations. I think I did read something somewhere before about having shiping refunded both ways for items way off, but i'm not 100% sure, you might need to talk to ebay about that. just be glad the seller is not trying to pull something like you switched an old bag for her original "like new"!

honey_bunny said:
Thank you for your tips! I didn't want to touch the bag at all after seeing it. I immediately returned it to the post office after an hour! And I had the same post office guy too! He was surprised to see me again!

Great tips! I will keep that in mind for other LV's I own since I've never had those white marks before.

I mean how could she possibly not see those scuffs on the piping edges and the handles? I'm aware that overtime, the marks on the handles area are normal but she didn't even report that in her description for the buyers!

Yes I def think some people don't see these as a big deal. But to a true bag lover these are a huge over sight ...so sorry for your disappoint meant :sad:

Just an update: Item delivered to the seller successfully (tracking said she signed it) on Wed morning. So I emailed her through Ebay to ask that she refund me the full amount I paid. No response as of now since I sent her the pics. An email to acknowledge that she received it and will refund would be nice.

At this point, should I send another email and request a refund within 48 hours or I will take the appropriate action to file an SNAD on Ebay? Is this an appropriate request? What do you sellers and buyers think?

The refund is given back in the form of paypal? I paid through paypal. It shouldn't take long...just like you pay for the item and you get a message that you paid the seller.

I'm wondering if this seller thinks I don't know anything about my buyer rights...

On the other hand, sometimes if you spot a good deal on a listing, someone else may have already chose 'buy it now" before you get the pictures or answers to your questions. I personally have came across a Chanel that is listed at a very good price and it is authentic, but I asked for more pictures just to be sure. The seller decided to block me from bidding when I tried to make a bid. There were 12 other bidders so I guess for being "so cautious", the seller just doesn't want to deal with me.